cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Smoggies V Canaries*

Blimey, I just took a quick look at the Boro forum and they make this place look like a ball pool full of toddlers hyped up on sugar and fizzy pop.

”Me personally I'm expecting more of the same failed tactics with players going through the motions, beaten before they run onto the pitch, their confidence in pieces before a ball is kicked and a manager seemingly oblivious to it all or simply unable to offer anything else. ”

“I’ll be going and I'll no doubt let it ruin my night.
I expect a comfortable defeat.“

”About as excited as a dog going to the vets to have his knackers cut off. A vague sense of dread grows ever more acute as the number of sleeps til Wednesday diminishes.”

”Even though I have a ST I'd quite like not to go.”

”meh”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Blimey, I just took a quick look at the Boro forum and they make this place look like a ball pool full of toddlers hyped up on sugar and fizzy pop.

”Me personally I'm expecting more of the same failed tactics with players going through the motions, beaten before they run onto the pitch, their confidence in pieces before a ball is kicked and a manager seemingly oblivious to it all or simply unable to offer anything else. ”

”About as excited as a dog going to the vets to have his knackers cut off. A vague sense of dread grows ever more acute as the number of sleeps til Wednesday diminishes.”

”meh”

Are you sure that was their forum, reads very much like ours 😳

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

”meh”

To be fair, don't think they have won a game in the last 10, that's not great.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

”meh”

I mean they have not won a match in what.. 8 or 9 matches in a row? Needless to say I think we know how it feels when your team has gone that long without a win

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Posted (edited)

Asked a Boro season ticket mate for his prediction. He came back saying 3-0 to Norwich as Boro have forgotten how to defend and scoring goals is so last year 🤣.   

Edited by Ashwood

53 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean they have not won a match in what.. 8 or 9 matches in a row? Needless to say I think we know how it feels when your team has gone that long without a win

The beat Leicester a couple of weeks ago 

This is the current league table, based only on away form. Some improvement required.

Screenshot_20240306-142633~2.png

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

This has got the makings of 'and along come Norwich' then!

Oh no no, that's our upcoming Rotherham match. At home agains the team bottom of the table? You just know whats gonna happen

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

This is the current league table, based only on away form. Some improvement required.

Screenshot_20240306-142633~2.png

What's the AVG figure on the right mean?

Also, if I'm reading that correctly, Rotherham have W0 D4 L14 away this season. Saturday absolutely is a must-win, statistically our 'easiest' game of the season. Along Come Norwich?

2 hours ago, Satriales said:

To be fair, don't think they have won a game in the last 10, that's not great.

? Sure they beat Leicester a couple of games ago ?

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Lol. God knows what website I was looking at then! Either way, they've not been great recently.

And just our luck capt hows on back for them to run the show 😏😏😏

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Think this might be the first time this season we have started an unchanged 11..

Bit of consistency might not be a bad thing. 🤞

Núñez fit enough for the bench. Great news. Hope he's got enough for the last half hour after Barnes goes off for his cocoa and a good sleep.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Yep, they beat them 2-1.

1 hour ago, Robert N. LiM said:

What's the AVG figure on the right mean?

Average number of goals per game (as in the total number in the game, not the number scored by Norwich).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Núñez fit enough for the bench. Great news. Hope he's got enough for the last half hour after Barnes goes off for his cocoa and a good sleep.

I bet he has a cup of Bovril before bed.

• Like 1

Another away game when a play off spot can be attained.  Previous away games if won should have gained the same, but leads against QPR and Blackburn did not produce wins.  Can we expect the same tinight?

• Sad 1

I don't think Middlesbrough's home record is particularly good.

Put that together with our away form and we're probably looking at another draw.

26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I bet he has a cup of Bovril before bed.

Yes! I knew there was something wrong with my original comment. Bovril while he practises his Paddington-hard-stare-at-the-linesman in the bathroom mirror.

• Haha 2

Sparing a thought for those posters who were gleefully loading up their clever tombola-related posts at about 7.44pm

• Haha 3