10 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Didn't we once scored six in a first half, possibly against Reading ?

My daughters first ever league game

• Like 2

Emi would have loved playing in this Arsenal team had that move happened. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Also scored six against Huddersfield in the first half..

Five in the first half that night.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Also scored six against Huddersfield in the first half..

Nope, only five pal.

30 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Saw that Burnley were booed off on Saturday. At what point are fans and pundits going to join the dots and realise the problem is not with these teams individually but much more systemic?

Just look at the league table….

Championship teams get about £10m (don’t quote me) and the team at the bottom of the Money league get about £100m. Add to that the fact that the bottom 3 have probably had the least amount of money ‘invested’ in them of the 20 clubs. Double whammy!

We keep hearing that parachute payments need to be stopped but how do you get players to sign for promoted clubs if they have to agree to a 50-75% drop in wages if the club is relegated, without parachute payments?
As long as the Money league clubs don’t agree to a fairer share out of tv money throughout the leagues this is going to happen regularly. And I haven’t even mentioned the money grabbers league to make a bad situation even worse.

Money League….no thanks. Is it any surprise that some numbskulls bankrupt clubs in an attempt to get promotion because they have 💷 signs in their eyes? 
I hate the Money League with a passion and hate the constant swooning over clubs run on black money-football at the top and championship level has lost me after watching NCFC for almost 60 years and travelling the length and breadth of the country watching them for about 50 years.

And where were 3 of the 4 top teams in the championship last season?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Ernie Wise said:

We keep hearing that parachute payments need to be stopped but how do you get players to sign for promoted clubs if they have to agree to a 50-75% drop in wages if the club is relegated, without parachute payments?

Parachute payments are a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Parachute payments are a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

When a team get relegated their tv money goes down from £100m to about £10m! How do you attract players with the likelihood of taking a 50-75% pay cut, if relegated? Clubs will be bankrupt if they lose c£90m from their budget if they have even a 30% contract relegation clause in player’s contracts. 
The problem is the HUGE gulf between Money league and championship tv money.

Parachute payments are the wrong way to run football. What’s needed is a smaller difference in tv money between the two divisions. Instead of £100m to £10m, it should be nearer to £70m to £30m and £10-15m for leagues one and two.

Just now, Drazen Muzinic said:

It's nights like this that provide the best reason to dust this off again...

Talk Norwich City on X: "See you at the weekend Mr Wilder ...

How the **** did Wilder look like Ole Gunnar Solskjaer there?

(checks his sports glasses just in case)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ernie Wise said:

When a team get relegated their tv money goes down from £100m to about £10m! How do you attract players with the likelihood of taking a 50-75% pay cut, if relegated? Clubs will be bankrupt if they lose c£90m from their budget if they have even a 30% contract relegation clause in player’s contracts. 
The problem is the HUGE gulf between Money league and championship tv money.

Parachute payments are the wrong way to run football. What’s needed is a smaller difference in tv money between the two divisions. Instead of £100m to £10m, it should be nearer to £70m to £30m and £10-15m for leagues one and two.

I'm agreeing with you.

6 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Every time this gets trotted out, I am contractually obliged to remind you all that the manager on the right is not Chris Wilder, it's Ham Saladeyes.

• Haha 9

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I'm agreeing with you.

I won't happen though. No possibility of The Premier League giving the other leagues a better share.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

I won't happen though. No possibility of The Premier League giving the other leagues a better share.

No indeed. The whole point of the Premier League was not to give the other leagues a better share.

3 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Every time this gets trotted out, I am contractually obliged to remind you all that the manager on the right is not Chris Wilder, it's Ham Saladeyes.

Sensational

5 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

I'm agreeing with you.

Apologies!

The state of football at the top level really annoys me, if you hadn’t noticed…☹️

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Similar to watching us last time albeit even worse. Sheff Utd aren't that bad but like our last two PL teams they've been beaten mentally by this point and are just going through the motions. The thing is though the top teams in the PL are always going to be several levels above promoted teams, the issue for clubs like us are how rich/good Forest/Bournemouth/Brentford etc are that make it so difficult to pick up any points so when you face a top team you're already down and out and in damage control and they'll just ruthlessly tear you apart if they're in the mood. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

No indeed. The whole point of the Premier League was not to give the other leagues a better share.

Hoping and praying that the European Super (?) league happens. Football can tell some of the greediest clubs to ‘do one’ and don’t come back.

ATM I enjoy Scottish championship games on BBC Scotland and National League games-far more competitive than the Money League.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I use Firefox on my phone and for some reason it doesn’t show embedded images, so for a moment I thought you’d posted this, which is also worth trotting out every now and again. Especially for the final line.

https://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/delia-smith-turns-down-norwich-promotion-2015052698577

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Isn't that the Sheff Utd keeper ?

Got to admire the online fans humour:

- we need a help line

- (Half time extra time 5 mins) Show some compassion ! 

- we’re certs for relegation next season 

- …and a keeper with no arms

11 hours ago, ricardo said:

Unless the Government regulator forces them too. Which is hopefully where we are heading.