Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

NCFC to go Net Zero by 2025

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Is this an update on the £96 million debt?

With interest it’s probably well over £100 million by now 

3 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

With interest it’s probably well over £100 million by now 

£500 million I reckon

So no more taking planes up to Blackburn then?

Electric coach trips? 

4 hours ago, 7HAR1980 said:

So no more taking planes up to Blackburn then?

Electric coach trips? 

I get a little concerned when I hear complaints about clubs flying their players to away games. 

If you were in charge of the National Gallery and a French museum asked to borrow a Van Gogh worth £150m you wouldn't send it 2nd class Royal Mail. 

Footballers are the same. You'll hear that a manager has a fully fit squad to pick from but the reality is that they may be fit enough to play but they're carrying various knocks and problems. Sitting them on a coach for 7 hours isn't going to help matters. Football games are won and lost by the smallest of margins and it's essential that players are transported to away games as quickly and comfortably as possible. 

In the 1970s John Bond was asked at a shareholders meeting why we hadn't won an away game for 2 years but rarely lost at home. He said it was due to the A47 and the A17. Fifty years later those roads are still the same. 

Players are Norwich City's biggest financial asset. Fifteen hours in a coach over 2 days isn't exactly looking after them is it? 

• Like 2

SUSU - Human Powered Aircraft

Future away game squad transport that combines environmentally friendly flying and also including peloton exercise.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I get a little concerned when I hear complaints about clubs flying their players to away games. 

If you were in charge of the National Gallery and a French museum asked to borrow a Van Gogh worth £150m you wouldn't send it 2nd class Royal Mail. 

Footballers are the same. You'll hear that a manager has a fully fit squad to pick from but the reality is that they may be fit enough to play but they're carrying various knocks and problems. Sitting them on a coach for 7 hours isn't going to help matters. Football games are won and lost by the smallest of margins and it's essential that players are transported to away games as quickly and comfortably as possible. 

In the 1970s John Bond was asked at a shareholders meeting why we hadn't won an away game for 2 years but rarely lost at home. He said it was due to the A47 and the A17. Fifty years later those roads are still the same. 

Players are Norwich City's biggest financial asset. Fifteen hours in a coach over 2 days isn't exactly looking after them is it? 

No they're not actually! In ant event many folk travel to the Midlands (even the 'North') via A11, A1(M) specifically to avoid The Fens.

18 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

No they're not actually! In ant event many folk travel to the Midlands (even the 'North') via A11, A1(M) specifically to avoid The Fens.

They are still predominantly single carriageway and now take even longer than 50 years ago. 

Using the A11 to travel north doesn't reduce travel time but adds 40 miles

Screenshot_20240301_092219_Maps.thumb.jpg.1884395179c771fa9c41b429b913b0b4.jpg

Is there an actual story here about NCFC’s carbon footprint or is this just a ‘jokey’ thread ?

(The point about marginal gains is accurate of course but would be moot if all clubs agreed not to fly…)

1 minute ago, essex canary said:

A Fire Sale could be on the horizon.

Excellent news! Can you put me on the priority list for your underpants please, sir? 🙂

12 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Is there an actual story here about NCFC’s carbon footprint or is this just a ‘jokey’ thread ?

(The point about marginal gains is accurate of course but would be moot if all clubs agreed not to fly…)

It was meant to be amusing as the picture makes it look like they're plugged in to the mains.

I forgot that the permanently disgruntled don't have a sense of humour and see everything as a hobby horse. 😀

3 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Apologies if I seem disgruntled - possibly I am this morning … 

Apologies accepted. 😀

Are we talking about our goal difference here ? 😉

1 hour ago, Pyro Pete said:

Is Net Zero a new fancy name for a goalless draw?

Bring back Chris Hughton all is forgiven.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

They are still predominantly single carriageway and now take even longer than 50 years ago. 

That's because of the voume of traffic I

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

That's because of the voume of traffic I

'Volume of traffic' even! Agreed that the roads are 'predominantly' single carriageway though. That said many bypasses have been built from 50 years ago.  

F**k me you’re brave mentioning anything hybrid related on here, even in jest haha 

14 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

4 hrs 50 m of that is sitting on the m6 through Birmingham, I see you’ve failed to use the toll road 

22 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Wasn't being serious. 

But, it would mean NCFC couldn't possibly become Net Zero.

6 hours ago, Yobocop said:

4 hrs 50 m of that is sitting on the m6 through Birmingham, I see you’ve failed to use the toll road 

Sorry, here it is with the toll road. Obviously the times suggested by Google are nonsense. I regularly travel to Kirkby Lonsdale which is a bit further north. I can't remember the last time I got past Manchester that quickly. 

Screenshot_20240302_063908_Maps.thumb.jpg.bee2ea736ebccfb6eb90ee910fc1925c.jpg

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sorry, here it is with the toll road. Obviously the times suggested by Google are nonsense. I regularly travel to Kirkby Lonsdale which is a bit further north. I can't remember the last time I got past Manchester that quickly. 

Screenshot_20240302_063908_Maps.thumb.jpg.bee2ea736ebccfb6eb90ee910fc1925c.jpg

Google Maps takes into account current traffic conditions though, and I guess all roads are fairly clear at 7am on a Saturday morning. I doubt it would be that quick during the day.

8 hours ago, Yobocop said:

F**k me you’re brave mentioning anything hybrid related on here, even in jest haha 

My George medal arrived in today's post.

• Haha 1