Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Sarge - Bit of a Worry

No sign of Sargent on the training video released today. It's only Wednesday and so hopefully just precautionary.

(Sarge was to be seen on Onel's Vlog for today, but only being transported on a buggy).

It's obvious that there is an ongoing issue here which they are trying to manage.

I sense SVH is a replacement for Sarge who will be off in the summer - which is gutting as he is my favourite and we immediately drop from being a challenger to a relegation team without him. His impact this season cannot be overstated - club should offer him all they can to keep him another year 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I sense SVH is a replacement for Sarge who will be off in the summer - which is gutting as he is my favourite and we immediately drop from being a challenger to a relegation team without him. His impact this season cannot be overstated - club should offer him all they can to keep him another year 

Come on mate it's a bit premature for all that! 

Yes, he will definitely get noticed by Prem teams but if we can keep going the way we are, we could get back to that "promised land"... And that might mean we keep our best players. 

It's funny how he went from not being able to hit a barn door to a complete number 9. Almost like training and coaching works eh?! 

I guess he always had that in him. The importance of him to us this season cannot be understated. 

• Like 2

Nunez up front and central, that man loves training. Great finish there. Wonder why Sainz got the round of applause, was he later than everyone else?

9 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Nunez up front and central, that man loves training. Great finish there. Wonder why Sainz got the round of applause, was he later than everyone else?

He clearly just loves football and getting to play. Always smiling, laughing and having a good time.

Compare that to say Ben Godfrey who always looked like a right grumpy git and I don't think I ever saw him smile once

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Yeah, think it's the last one out. I've seen it before with other players too. Sainz does love his haircut a bit too much though! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Nothing like a good 'I fear' statement to start the day!

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Think it was his birthday 🎂

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

It was his birthday. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Yeah, think it's the last one out. I've seen it before with other players too. Sainz does love his haircut a bit too much though! 

You do remember Mario Vrancic, right? 😉

(Or Lukas Rupp for that matter. Both of those guys clearly weren't averse to making sure their hair and facial fuzz game were on point).

• Like 1

Sarge will have to play as much in every game as he can now for the rest if the season. If that means minimal training so be it.

SVH is a likeable lad and seems very level headed. Barring another injury to Sarge his opportunities could be limited. One for next season.

I suppose results have been good so understandable that you need to make something up to be miserable about.

• Like 2

Hasn’t he just signed a 5 yr deal? Doesn’t mean he won’t leave in the summer, does mean we can bargain hard. But there’s no chance Josh or the club will be sitting down to discuss another deal. 

2 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I’d imagine he’s Idahs replacement

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

No sign of Sargent on the training video released today. It's only Wednesday and so hopefully just precautionary.

(Sarge was to be seen on Onel's Vlog for today, but only being transported on a buggy).

It's obvious that there is an ongoing issue here which they are trying to manage.

Wagner stated in a presser that his is missing some training sessions as they monitor his injury 

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

Think it was his birthday 🎂

On Onel's video, Sainz had brought a whole tray of sickly donuts to share with everyone to acknowledge it was his birthday - I'm glad that office customs translate to the training ground! Sainz hates having his hair ruffled mind - hope someone bought him a session in another barber's chair to his usual one!

As for Sarge, I take it as a positive that he was at Colney, in his training kit and was obviously doing some form of fitness work on his own. It is precautionary stuff, trying to avoid a contact injury on his ankle etc.

Edited by shefcanary
  • Like 1

With an ankle that needs protecting I would be more worried seeing him being pushed too far in training day in day out. What matters is match day and at the moment he is scoring for fun with the club managing his load. Great news.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

When you say "offering him all they can to keep him another year", what you mean on top of the new 5 year deal he signed just 4 months ago? 

I honestly don't think the idea at current is to sell Sargent at all. 

I do however think we'll be flogging Rowe at the first sign of £20m + add ons.

29 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

When you say "offering him all they can to keep him another year", what you mean on top of the new 5 year deal he signed just 4 months ago? 

I honestly don't think the idea at current is to sell Sargent at all. 

I do however think we'll be flogging Rowe at the first sign of £20m + add ons.

Rowes agent, supposedly with Rowes knowledge, has already said he’s off in the summer. Going by that assuming it’s correct, I don’t think the club will have a lot of choice in the matter.