cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Bluebirds*

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

You're a silly sasuage arent you?

Not really, unless we can rely on him being allowed to use his hand to control the ball all the time.

2 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Got for the jugular second half please Wagner, no defensive subs and keep Sargent on!

Just gota keep doing what we're doing, been a superb half bar that one defensive c*ck up, should be 6-1!

Got to be one of if not the best halves of the Wagner era. 

Should be about 5-1 at least. Fantastic performance.

Just now, Monty13 said:

Got to be one of if not the best halves of the Wagner era. 

Should be about 5-1 at least. Fantastic performance.

7-1 right now had we scored all our chances and Barnes had been onside

Great atmosphere here today, and superb performance if that had stayed 0-1 that would have been up there with Maradonas handball as the biggest injustice in football 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sargent's improvement these last couple of seasons is fantastic to see. Credit to him.

He’s been my favourite player for a while, living up to all that promise. I’m just terrified personally of the interest coming his way this summer.

Edited by Monty13

Crowd in really good voice. Perhaps DW's words had a bit of an effect...(ducks for cover)

Really decent first half against a team just parking the bus. Obviously our usual defensive brainfart is more or less priced in at this point, and we should be further ahead - we've been wasteful and occasionally a bit desperate in the final third.

Need a really good start to the second half to put this game to bed.

What a half. Totally in control, Cardiff goal completely against the run of play but we kept our heads, kept on the pressure and got what we deserved. Should be about 5-1 at this point. 

what a hit from Sara, Sarge is the second coming of Holty. 

Mccallum involved in everything good going forward, makes me wonder if he'd be better as a converted winger with an out and out defensive LB behind him?? 

Atmosphere is better for sure!! Let's push on and bag 2 or 3 more the second half! These are there for the steamroller. 

HT pint time. 

4 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Not really, unless we can rely on him being allowed to use his hand to control the ball all the time.

Thank goodness for no VAR lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, king canary said:

Sargent's improvement these last couple of seasons is fantastic to see. Credit to him.

Too good for this league now...

1 minute ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Crowd in really good voice. Perhaps DW's words had a bit of an effect...(ducks for cover)

Really decent first half against a team just parking the bus. Obviously our usual defensive brainfart is more or less priced in at this point, and we should be further ahead - we've been wasteful and occasionally a bit desperate in the final third.

Need a really good start to the second half to put this game to bed.

I think the way we are playing obviously helps, but Saturday's seem to be so much better than weekday games. More people have the day off on a Saturday, have a chance to go to the pub beforehand etc. Fewer empty seats as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

He's not made any substitutions yet though 😅😬

• Haha 2

Playing well, it's good to see us making positive moves with the ball.

Agree with sentiments about the atmosphere. Crowd notably more engaged, certainly helps that they've been all over Cardiff 

Need to come out strong in the second half, get the next goal and see this off.

Well that little spat on Tuesday seems to have turned out well,the crowd are definitely on side today and we are playing some really entertaining football.Apart from the odd t**t on here it seems to have galvanised the supporters 

5 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

He’s been my favourite player for a while, living up to all that promise. I’m just terrified personally of the interest coming his way this summer.

After all that talk about the price tag when he signed, £8millon is an absolute steal

Best 45 minutes I've seen us play in a while. Get a third goal early and we could end up walking this.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Thank goodness for no VAR lol

I also noticed that. Fortunately the referee didn't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

After all that talk about the price tag when he signed, £8millon is an absolute steal

Wonder what his value is now? Double?

4 minutes ago, Haus said:

Playing well, it's good to see us making positive moves with the ball.

We've been noticeably quicker at getting the ball forward. Often the low block makes us more patient, but I'm loving the urgency. 

It's hard to see how Nunez can ever come out of this side anymore. We look so much better with him in the team, I think I'm right but the first time he started in midfield this year (as opposed to off the striker) was Bristol City away and our form since then has been superb. The only issue is fitting him in I guess.

9 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Too good for this league now...

And us. Unfortunately. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Thing is he wasn’t the right player for that season but I always liked him and thought he always looked to me like he had bags of potential. 

You’re right, it’s a steal now. I hope we can keep him somehow, he’s a phenomenal player and could lead the line for years.

C’mon Mark you know you want an American as our best player, just makes sense.

• Like 1