cambridgeshire canary

Josh Sargent injured and a "late call" if he makes the match

3 minutes ago, daz said:

Great that's us screwed then. 

Not if SVH makes his first start and becomes an instant cult hero with a hat-trick

• Like 1

Just now, daz said:

Great that's us screwed then. 

Have to agree and if this 'combination of issues after his ankle injury' is actually hinting at something a bit more worrying then that's our play off hopes just vanishing over the horizon! Can we cope without Rowe? Yes, just about although we would lack that special 'something', that he can offer. Can we cope without Rowe AND Sargent? That's a massive 'NO' from this author I'm afraid. 

• Like 4

They were booing because Sarge had said at half time he was injured but Wagner insisted on keeping him on! 

Possibly. 

Or not.

Who knows.

We only have Wagner's words ...

• Sad 1

I'm not surprised if he was taken off injured. So SVH has to become 'Championship Ready' since Tuesday.

Hopefully the late call will be a positive one, but surely Aboh will be on the bench?

10 minutes ago, Scrivvy said:

Not if SVH makes his first start and becomes an instant cult hero with a hat-trick

He’ll have to do his 6 months as a sub before he’s allowed a start

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Scrivvy said:

But he won't. It will be Barnes up top,but we all can see that its not his best position. But,hey,lets wait and see.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'm not surprised if he was taken off injured. So SVH has to become 'Championship Ready' since Tuesday.

Hopefully the late call will be a positive one, but surely Aboh will be on the bench?

No..

9 minutes ago, Haus said:

We will play Sorenson up top 

This is David Wagner. It will be Long as striker.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Fresh out of Wagners mouth from the presser. Makes all that booing seem silly.. How dare he take off an injured player!

But Onel is available to play on Saturday.

Where does that fit into your narrative?

If Sargent is out I wonder which youngster will get onto the bench. Even on Tuesday we had a whole change back 4 on the bench, hopefully it's not a second GK again.

• Like 1

Just now, repman said:

If Sargent is out I wonder which youngster will get onto the bench. Even on Tuesday we had a whole change back 4 on the bench, hopefully it's not a second GK again.

I know, which is why Aboh at least needs the opportunity to sample the matchday experience even if he doesn't get on the pitch.

2 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

But Onel is available to play on Saturday.

Where does that fit into your narrative?

I can't be the only one who thought Onel was having an absolute mare in the second half because Lewis had pushed forwards leaving Stacey with 2 on 1 and Hernandez was just hanging out on the halfway line marking no one. His substitution was tactical and correct.

Taking Sargent off seemed strange to me because there was no indication of injury; if he'd gone down and required treatment or even limped on his way off the pitch then it would have avoided the whole debacle. 

Perhaps he shouldn't be "called" then. All these start-stop incidents since his return suggests that action man should be rested completely for a week.

It should give Van Donk a starting opportunity, which will be an appetiser for the following, but you can never know with DW.

Saintz is due another pearler and Sara will have benefitted from his goal. There is little doubt that the latter's performances have suffered of late. He has hardly missed a minute this season, and seems somewhat jaded.

However, Nunez seems to have found a new lease of life.

Edited by BroadstairsR

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

I can't be the only one who thought Onel was having an absolute mare in the second half because Lewis had pushed forwards leaving Stacey with 2 on 1 and Hernandez was just hanging out on the halfway line marking no one. His substitution was tactical and correct.

Wagner made the substitution, that’s all you need to know, for some people that automatically makes it wrong.

• Like 6

Guessing there’s going to be a miraculous recovery somehow. He’s got to tow the line that Sargent is injured and that he wasn’t just asking his magic 8 ball who to sub on like he usually does.

• Haha 1

Ouch, that's a massive massive blow. 

However, if it's really that touch and go, I'd rather we let him rest and play the Donk ( champs ready or not ) because what's worse? Leaving Sarge out of one game and letting him recoup? Or making him push through, worsen the niggle and then have him out for the rest of the season? 

I know what I'd do. Aboh takes VHD bench spot too. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Wagner made the substitution, that’s all you need to know, for some people that automatically makes it wrong.

That kind of hyperbole isn't constructive. People have entirely reasonable concerns with some of Wagner's team selections and substitutions because they're able to clearly observe some systemic flaws repeatedly appear on the pitch as a result.

On Tuesday we went from a coherent structure to a total shambles for a significant portion of the game. I actually think the booing and conceding the second goal galvanised the team into performing better.

Ultimately I think it comes down to people not really understanding what Wagner is trying to do. If there was a clearer message about our 'style' then maybe it would be more obvious when a player was being withdrawn through injury. Wagner constantly takes off one of our better attacking players after an hour so it's understandable that people assumed it was tactical this time as well. 

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, Scrivvy said:

Because wags loves playing him so far 😂 

Sargent was injured after about 30 minutes, I was surprised he came out in the second half but I guess they hoped he could 'run it off'. To be honest, he's not looked 100% right since he came back but he's so important to the team that I can see why Wagner is trying to squeeze as much out of him as he can.  

12 minutes ago, Petriix said:

That kind of hyperbole isn't constructive. People have entirely reasonable concerns with some of Wagner's team selections and substitutions because they're able to clearly observe some systemic flaws repeatedly appear on the pitch as a result.

On Tuesday we went from a coherent structure to a total shambles for a significant portion of the game. I actually think the booing and conceding the second goal galvanised the team into performing better.

Ultimately I think it comes down to people not really understanding what Wagner is trying to do. If there was a clearer message about our 'style' then maybe it would be more obvious when a player was being withdrawn through injury. Wagner constantly takes off one of our better attacking players after an hour so it's understandable that people assumed it was tactical this time as well. 

There’s hyperbole on both sides. People blamed his subs for the equaliser when it came on the opposite side of the pitch.

28 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Perhaps he shouldn't be "called" then. All these start-stop incidents since his return suggests that action man should be rested completely for a week.

It should give Van Donk a starting opportunity, which will be an appetiser for the following, but you can never know with DW.

Saintz is due another pearler and Sara will have benefitted from his goal. There is little doubt that the latter's performances have suffered of late. He has hardly missed a minute this season, and seems somewhat jaded.

However, Nunez seems to have found a new lease of life.

All the more surprising he's been dropped to the bench for our last two games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Coneys Knee said:

He’ll have to do his 6 months as a sub before he’s allowed a start

He needs his “pre season”. 

1 hour ago, Petriix said:

.or even limped on his way off the pitch then it would have avoided the whole debacle. 

Instructions to all players being substituted:

Please avoid any adverse reaction from our fans by LIMPING OFF THE PITCH, even if you are not injured. DW

• Haha 1

Instruction to all fans attending Saturday's match against Cardiff City:

Please Boo when the players enter the field, as this will galvanise them to perform better. Petriix

Edited by Addick/Canary