cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Canaries V Hornets*

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Please stop booing when you are 2. 1 up. 

I get the frustration. Sargent is being managed carefully.

I agree with you about the booing.

But SvH for Sarge might have been more understandable.

As it is we've created a defensive mindset. Nunez deep and Fassnacht for Onel. We've lost an attacking threat.

Edited by sonyc

4 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Interesting Sargent was gesturing for the fans to calm down as they were booing about him coming off. They should take that on board.

Wonder if the Dutch U21 International we signed agrees. What da fuq we sign him for.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Satriales said:

Suggests that Sarge full well knows he's still not at 100% match fitness. 

i understand Sarge might not last a game at the moment but we have a young striker raring to go and show us what he can do on the bench in Van donk 

Just now, Michael Starr said:

A half fit Sarge is waaaay better than anything else we have

Well yeah but it seems clear he's not ready to play much more so needed to come off. 

1 minute ago, S_81 said:

If he’s going to take Sarge off and rest him - and that’s fair enough to a degree - at least get Sydney on. There’s no way the lad isn’t ready for half an hour of football 

We can see it, we feel it, but our manager has a different view…

Dean Ashton has it right. Sainz now has it programmed to pass back not forward and look what happens. Negative, negative, negative. 

Suggested after the Cov game that some of our players might be on acid. It was a joke. But think it's the only way to explain that Sainz backpass.

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

We’re **** without Sarge! 

The problem is that once you have Barnes up top on his own the opposition can play with a higher back four, as they don't have to be so concerned with the goal in behind. 

I'll give Wagner the benefit of the doubt and assume that there are some genuine reasons for Sargent not playing 90 mins at the minute, but what I don't understand is why he's scared to give the Dutchman a go.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

If he’s going to take Sarge off and rest him - and that’s fair enough to a degree - at least get Sydney on. There’s no way the lad isn’t ready for half an hour of football 

This is my view, exactly what I thought.

• Like 1

Just now, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

The problem is that once you have Barnes up top on his own the opposition can play with a higher back four, as they don't have to be so concerned with the goal in behind. 

I'll give Wagner the benefit of the doubt and assume that there are some genuine reasons for Sargent not playing 90 mins at the minute, but what I don't understand is why he's scared to give the Dutchman a go.

Especially if you combine it with taking Onel off. I'm not a huge fan of his but him and Sargent are our best out balls. Unless we can use Nunez to dominate possession more we're going to spend big chunks under pressure.

7 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Wagner is clearly trying to get sacked to cash in.

We can only pray 🙏 

Just now, robertociNCFC said:

We have been better since the subs to be honest.

Nunez should be starting though, ahead of Sara right now

• Like 1

Just now, shefcanary said:

Sorenson proving then what a great CDM he'd make!

Probably the last we'll see of him though

This match is surely going to be checked very carefully for irregular betting activities with particular attention on the 2-2 draw.  Frankly I hope they find something because otherwise this second half performance is even more concerning ...