nutty nigel

It's good to see this place busy again but...

8 minutes ago, Badger said:

Wretched?? Err, previous three games were two wins and a draw?

Quite - they have definitely turned a corner from their initial poor form.  It always confuses me how some appear to think it is only ever about what we do, as though the opposition is just going to let us play and do what we want.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

When a 20 percenter thinks it's a good result.

And that is why the 80% are right.

Clueless Clarence is on my case :classic_ninja:

Like you’d know…

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

When we’re leading after 70 minutes away at a bottom 3 side on a wretched run and the head coach makes subs that throw away our advantage and a system that was winning us the game, we lose the initiative and throw away 2 points.

If we’d won today we’d be level on points with the top 6. Again, we’ve fallen agonisingly short via a decision from the head coach that is clearly questionable.

Maybe I’m mistaken but I thought they had won 2 of their previous 3 and drawn the other one ?

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

80 percenters out in force.

Maybe the 20% are still wildly celebrating a stoppage time equaliser ?

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

When did a point away in the champs become a bad result?

I was much happier at full time than I was at half time.

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Helsinki canary said:

Last week wagner won us 2 points this week he lost us 2 points 

Fair.

Which is why the words ‘streaky’ and ‘inconsistent’ are always used in discussions around his managerial career to date.

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Fair.

Which is why the words ‘streaky’ and ‘inconsistent’ are always used in discussions around his managerial career to date.

Yeah, although our last 16 games has us in the top 6 on form. So that's a pretty good streak. 

• Like 2

Just now, ricardo said:

I was much happier at full time than I was at half time.

Yeah, I get that. 

However, at HT I had confidence we’d improve and still thought we’d get something.. at full time I was angry we threw it away. Context is everything, had we nicked a late goal having played well all half to take a point I’d feel more satisfied than I do right now. Funny old game.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, although our last 16 games has us in the top 6 on form. So that's a pretty good streak. 

If we can keep that up we should be in the playoffs for sure - but we could yet be due the end of season dip. I guess we’ll see!

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

If we can keep that up we should be in the playoffs for sure - but we could yet be due the end of season dip. I guess we’ll see!

What we do know for sure, is if that does happen there will be no complaints from you. 

If we’d changed manager after Blackburn and these next 16 results had been under a new manager the 20% would have been in dreamland :classic_ninja:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

What we do know for sure, is if that does happen there will be no complaints from you. 

Yes, obviously. Or perhaps you are just a complete fool…you certainly do a good impersonation of one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

QPR were in some form coming into this so I'm not sure why an away game, against a team fighting to stay up that's hit some form is supposed to be a 3-point banker, frankly. Especially in the Championship!

In fairness, I'm not sure there's many implying that we should be battering QPR by default.

Certainly in my case, I probably would have been happy enough with a point before the game. I was dismayed at how flat we were in the first half, overjoyed with how the players stuck in and got themselves in front, then back to dismay as we made tactical choices that allowed QPR back into it. Directly following the subs we were so passive that the goal felt a bit inevitable.

I think it's reasonable to be frustrated that we just took the boot off the neck.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah, I get that. 

However, at HT I had confidence we’d improve and still thought we’d get something.. at full time I was angry we threw it away. Context is everything, had we nicked a late goal having played well all half to take a point I’d feel more satisfied than I do right now. Funny old game.

Disappointing to not win but better to look at the positives. We came from a goal down and took a point away from home. I'll take that if offered every time.

We go again (as someone used to say)

• Like 5

We are in the playoffs hunt but it's tight, these games against beatable teams need to be wins. 

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...when its at a poor side in the bottom 3...

Who had the worst home record in the Championship.

Crikey how our standards have fallen.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Who had the worst home record in the Championship.

Crikey how our standards have fallen.

Tbh our away form has been pretty ropey, perhaps they just cancelled out.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

When did a point away in the champs become a bad result?

Think the issue is more that Wagner made horrific subs and threw the win away.

Plus no offence but QPR not like we were playing Leeds or even the Baggies 

2 hours ago, Helsinki canary said:

Last week wagner won us 2 points this week he lost us 2 points 

Yes, two cracking goals scored by him last week, but he should have saved both of QPRs goals today

Do you actually understand what happens on the pitch ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Of course we're all a bit disappointed in the result when we were 2:1 up with 20 or so to go. 

We all have our views on the substitutions - personally if Sargent had run his course (another 10 minutes?) I'd of left much the same and brought on the The Donk. Stacey was ill so that change was more forced with Sorensen playing as ever out of position. We lost our way!

However, an away point at a rapidly improving QPR with banana skin written all over it is still a good point.

No need for boo boys.

Edited by Yellow Fever
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

...when its at a poor side in the bottom 3...

QPR aren't as bad as their league position suggests, they've been a lot better since sacking Ainsworth and are 10th in the 6 game form table. 

They've got a few decent players, Begovic is a great keeper, Clarke-Salter, Ilias Chair, Chris Willock etc. I doubt they'll go down.

We've also only won at Loftus Road 4 times in the past 20 years, in 13 attempts, always been a tough ground for us. We lost there 3-1 under Farke in 2021.

Edited by JonnyJonnyRowe

How

25 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Think the issue is more that Wagner made horrific subs and threw the win away.

Plus no offence but QPR not like we were playing Leeds or even the Baggies 

Do you know why the subs were made ? Can you show how those replacements were directly responsible for their second goal. Odd that Johnny Rowe's part in our second goal is omitted by the whiners.

47 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

QPR aren't as bad as their league position suggests, they've been a lot better since sacking Ainsworth and are 10th in the 6 game form table. 

They've got a few decent players, Begovic is a great keeper, Clarke-Salter, Ilias Chair, Chris Willock etc. I doubt they'll go down.

We've also only won at Loftus Road 4 times in the past 20 years, in 13 attempts, always been a tough ground for us. We lost there 3-1 under Farke in 2021.

Come on  , theyre poor

Having turned the game round in our favour  , there were a dozen ways Wagner could have played it from thereon, unfortunately he didnt do a lot right from that point in the game after

30 minutes ago, RobJames said:

How

Do you know why the subs were made ? Can you show how those replacements were directly responsible for their second goal. Odd that Johnny Rowe's part in our second goal is omitted by the whiners.

I'm not sure I'll be 100% right but, by my thoughts, going to Barnes lone striker meant that their back line could push up as there was no longer any real threat in behind. The ball wouldn't stick with AB nor Sara who moved up to support meaning the play was almost entirely in our half and out of our hands.

Less decisive but also meaningful, Stacey's departure for a much slower player meant Chair and Paal (who I was impressed by) could push up without fear of being exposed. Stacey is a key outlet for us, often playing as high as his winger as he has the pace to get back. This is also why I think Rowe was generally anonymous.

So the subs were not directly responsible however gave QPR the opportunity to play a lot higher than we had allowed in the 2nd half up until that point. As we know with this Norwich side, pressure will find holes. The subs are not a hanging offence by any means, but they do seem to occur in ignorance of the game state.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, RobJames said:

How

Do you claim to be some kind of comedian?  Or do you just have sore hands from all that happy clapping?

Edited by Nexus_Canary

If Giannoulis hadn’t faffed around with the ball and given away a throw in it might have been a different result. At times he is a liability.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ridgeman said:

If Giannoulis hadn’t faffed around with the ball and given away a throw in it might have been a different result. At times he is a liability.

He should of been dropped weeks ago. He's been poor.