nutty nigel

It's good to see this place busy again but...

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Is there anyone busier than @nutty nigel with his 54,762 posts?

Ah but so many of those are on a part of the forum that you never post. You could though, just one little extra post each week...

Btw I'm the same both on and off here. :classic_ninja:

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Why are we posting tweets from fellow posters with some of their personal details?

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

First thing, I didn't realise it was hogesar until after I posted the tweet. Second thing, it's on twitter, I haven't stolen any personal details 😉

2 hours ago, king canary said:

His twitter handle is @hogesar I don't think he's trying to hide it tbh.

2 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Fair comment.

If people want to use their real name on public platforms like X ( or whatever barmy name it’s got now ) they shouldn’t be fussed if their posts are published elsewhere.

Hogesar doesn’t seem the sort who would care one way or the other anyway.

Yeah, cheers, no problem here! 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Ah but so many of those are on a part of the forum that you never post. You could though, just one little extra post each week...

Too much knee jerk immediate post match reaction is part of the problem. A Monday review maybe better.

Nigel roams the earth, far and wide,
In search of bitty, his heart's guide.
Through valleys deep and mountains high,
His quest for bitty will never die.

With each step taken, he feels closer,
To finding bitty, the elusive composer.
In forests dense and fields of green,
Nigel's determination remains unseen.

Through deserts hot and oceans vast,
His spirit unyielding, his journey steadfast.
For bitty, a mystery, yet to behold,
Nigel's adventure, a tale untold.

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm struggling to think what other things I've done 54,762 times. That's a lot! 😂

3 minutes ago, Satriales said:

I'm struggling to think what other things I've done 54,762 times. That's a lot! 😂

It's 150 years worth of sleeping each night, so not that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Satriales said:

That’s the number of times the 80% happy clappies have whinged about the 20% since Delia’s inebriated blatherings at the AGM

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Satriales said:

Imagine how much it will be missed if/when its highly spoken about demise happens. 

I think as a free forum, we should be grateful for its continued appearance with little support from the pinkun guys, who, tbf monitoring input / content and speed here isn't their job! 

2 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Imagine how much it will be missed if/when its highly spoken about demise happens. 

I think as a free forum, we should be grateful for its continued appearance with little support from the pinkun guys, who, tbf monitoring input / content and speed here isn't their job! 

No doubt @hogesar will have a clever script or 3 to migrate the existing content into any replacement database, together with some archiving/weeding to hide/lose all the content that maybe slowing everything down

1 minute ago, BurwellCanary said:

No doubt @hogesar will have a clever script or 3 to migrate the existing content into any replacement database, together with some archiving/weeding to hide/lose all the content that maybe slowing everything down

Not sure how that fits with GDPR. 

5 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Not sure how that fits with GDPR. 

That's a fair point - my understanding is that personal data shouldn't be used for other than that consented to so providing the 'use' remains the same in the new app is the same as the old,  it shouldn't matter. Users may need to give new consent - some of the older material in here would be too old to fall into GDPR as it wasn't retrospective. However there is something about the length of time data is kept for (have a feeling it's 6 years unless a good reason for exceeding). Some clever person will no doubt put me right 

2 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

That's a fair point - my understanding is that personal data shouldn't be used for other than that consented to so providing the 'use' remains the same in the new app is the same as the old,  it shouldn't matter. Users may need to give new consent - some of the older material in here would be too old to fall into GDPR as it wasn't retrospective. However there is something about the length of time data is kept for (have a feeling it's 6 years unless a good reason for exceeding). Some clever person will no doubt put me right 

I'm no expert either, and mean no offence to Hoggy and his forum - indeed if this one fails (which I hope it doesn't) people can move over to his. Not sure there is any need for anything historic to be ported though, as its a different forum. It may also deter other new (non pink un posters) joining, if they think its a continuation of this forum. 

Obviously other forums already exist, but I think they have about a dozen members! im sure Hoggy's will be better attended. 

Good luck to all, if that becomes a necessity. 

5 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Your sort never can..

Yay!! I'm a sort. 🤣 Perhaps you could keep up the nastiness by hazarding a guess as to which sort it is!

I look forward to an insight into how you view the world via Pink un posts. 

9 minutes ago, BurwellCanary said:

GDPR applies to personal data only, that is data that can either be used to to identify an individual e.g. name, address, dob etc or information that someone could reasonably expect to remain private that could be associated with those identifiers.

That means all the crap we all post on here isn't covered by GDPR, particularly as most of us use pseudonyms anyway.

11 minutes ago, BigFish said:

GDPR applies to personal data only, that is data that can either be used to to identify an individual e.g. name, address, dob etc or information that someone could reasonably expect to remain private that could be associated with those identifiers.

That means all the crap we all post on here isn't covered by GDPR, particularly as most of us use pseudonyms anyway.

What about the email we used to sign up with etc? im sure that's covered by GDPR. 

Newsquest (or whoever) cant just "dump" everything associated with an existing forum to anyone who wishes to set up a new forum, there is more control and safeguarding than that. I agree the posts are public, but there is more to it than that.  

People can sign up for any forum they wish - there is no need to port anything over. Its not pinkun#2 its a new forum, which posters from here may wish to sign up, but some may not, and hopefully some new people too. 

41 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Yay!! I'm a sort. 🤣 Perhaps you could keep up the nastiness by hazarding a guess as to which sort it is!

I look forward to an insight into how you view the world via Pink un posts. 

The sort who dish it out but can't take it.

Btw I'm calling out the post not the poster. I know that's ok because it's what you deem acceptable...

:classic_ninja:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

What about the email we used to sign up with etc? im sure that's covered by GDPR. 

Newsquest (or whoever) cant just "dump" everything associated with an existing forum to anyone who wishes to set up a new forum, there is more control and safeguarding than that. I agree the posts are public, but there is more to it than that.  

People can sign up for any forum they wish - there is no need to port anything over. Its not pinkun#2 its a new forum, which posters from here may wish to sign up, but some may not, and hopefully some new people too. 

Good point @Greavsy, email address is considered personal data and is therefore covered. To tell the truth I have been on here so long that I forgot about that, and I no longer use the email I signed up with. I suspect the same goes for Newsquest and they are probably in breach of GDPR already by not managing the user database fairly.

The easiest way forward is covered by your last sentence. Sentimentally that would be sad because there have been some great posters on here that are no longer posting for various reasons and some memorable moments. However, the place has seen better days and it might well be time to call it a day.

3 hours ago, Satriales said:

As I said to Essex probably half those posts are in a part of the forum you never post. You could do though for just one little post a week...

4 minutes ago, BigFish said:

The easiest way forward is covered by your last sentence. Sentimentally that would be sad because there have been some great posters on here that are no longer posting for various reasons and some memorable moments. However, the place has seen better days and it might well be time to call it a day

Thanks BF, I'm no expert on GDPR but I'm assuming some common sense and decency would prevail! Something some posters on here are lacking, unfortunately. 

Maybe if this forum does die, it can remain in read only form? 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The sort who dish it out but can't take it.

Btw I'm calling out the post not the poster. I know that's ok because it's what you deem acceptable...

We must be the same sort according to your logic. Nice to meet the sorting orifice 😄😄

15 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

We must be the same sort according to your logic. Nice to meet the sorting orifice 😄😄

Finally!

Of course we are. It's just you carried on with the pretence that your insults were somehow acceptable because they were posted on here. Whilst mine weren't although they were also posted on here. I guess it made sense to you...

You're not alone with that view btw :classic_ninja:

4 hours ago, Greavsy said:

I'm no expert either, and mean no offence to Hoggy and his forum - indeed if this one fails (which I hope it doesn't) people can move over to his. Not sure there is any need for anything historic to be ported though, as its a different forum. It may also deter other new (non pink un posters) joining, if they think its a continuation of this forum. 

Obviously other forums already exist, but I think they have about a dozen members! im sure Hoggy's will be better attended. 

Good luck to all, if that becomes a necessity. 

There are rules about who owns the content of this forum and its probably Newsquest if they had the terms of sign up written correctly.

Hopefully none of this is relevant and they pay 10 minutes attention to this forum to easily sort the problems that exist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

Finally!

Of course we are. It's just you carried on with the pretence that your insults were somehow acceptable because they were posted on here. Whilst mine weren't although they were also posted on here. I guess it made sense to you...

You're not alone with that view btw :classic_ninja:

You are so clearly retired. Too much time available trying to win.🙂

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

There are rules about who owns the content of this forum and its probably Newsquest if they had the terms of sign up written correctly.

Hopefully none of this is relevant and they pay 10 minutes attention to this forum to easily sort the problems that exist.

If it really is only 10 minutes to sort it out, surely they'd have fixed it already?

I suggest we ask everyone to sign up to your site with their same usernames where possible, but recommend that people stay on here until such time as the problems here become unworkable.

Edited by Feedthewolf

19 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

You are so clearly retired. Too much time available trying to win.🙂

Ageist :classic_wacko:

Busy boy me! Next few weeks particularly busy. I can fit some of this in but I'm giving some of you up for Lent. Ash Wednesday was last week for Buh...

44 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

I suggest we ask everyone to sign up to your site with their same usernames where possible

**** me, I hope Waveney has got some holiday left… 

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

If it really is only 10 minutes to sort it out, surely they'd have fixed it already?

I suggest we ask everyone to sign up to your site with their same usernames where possible, but recommend that people stay on here until such time as the problems here become unworkable.

I think Connor has shown an interest but if the tech team aren't told this is of any sort of priority it'll be bottom of their list regardless of if it's 5, 10 mins - unfortunately.

48 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think Connor has shown an interest but if the tech team aren't told this is of any sort of priority it'll be bottom of their list regardless of if it's 5, 10 mins - unfortunately.

Fair comment Hoggy.

I'm sure as forum membership is unpaid, and monitoring etc.lsnt part of Conors remit, it will be best endeavours,  and we should be grateful for their efforts.

Im sure they will do what they can, when convenient.