Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Ben Knapper/Attanasio/season ticket renewals

When are the season ticket renew was expected to land ? I know we are expecting a 3% increase. Was kind of hoping we would have some clear club comms in terms of where the share acquisition is at (reason for any delay) and Knapper’s initial observations. Wondered how much time we had left for this to happen before the renewals land on people’s door mats.

If we scrape into the top six over the next 2 weeks then they'll go 'whoosh' an' announce the ST prices....I personally hope they make it a 10% rise an' get rid o' the snaggle tooth tracky bottom wearing great unwashed riff raff.....

A 10% rise in ST prices an' Flagons an' Flagons of fresh bitty will be consumed in celebration by the likes of me.....

We need to purge the Green Street Massive and get back to our nice family atmosphere.

Was funny vs Coventry, 3 mid teen lads had day tickets in our area and were trying to join in with the drum and chants etc.. 
Some one made it known that this was the quiet area and they should "clap when appropriate" was actually hilarious 😄

More of that less of the unwashed y00t aspiring to be Danny Dyer

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

We need to purge the Green Street Massive and get back to our nice family atmosphere.

Was funny vs Coventry, 3 mid teen lads had day tickets in our area and were trying to join in with the drum and chants etc.. 
Some one made it known that this was the quiet area and they should "clap when appropriate" was actually hilarious 😄

More of that less of the unwashed y00t aspiring to be Danny Dyer

Quiet area? Like a quiet zone on the train! 😂

Edited by Satriales
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Satriales said:

Quiet area? Like a quiet zone on the train! 😂

Yup exactly.

No mobiles / electronic devices   -  singing, chanting, yobbish behavior (enjoying oneself allegedly... go do some karaoke then if you wish to sing!!)  

If the other thread is to be believed the 20% whingers could well not renew as well as another 8% closet whingers. That could be as good as two new signings next season…

Can’t wait :classic_ninja:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yup exactly.

No mobiles / electronic devices   -  singing, chanting, yobbish behavior (enjoying oneself allegedly... go do some karaoke then if you wish to sing!!)  

The death of atmosphere at football games. 

I’ll renew mine regardless. Eternal optimism with the start of each new season. I couldn’t make the last trip to Wembley due to a holiday in Thailand so hopefully this year will set that right. I’ve always said I won’t go watch any team other than Norwich play at Wembley after the last England game I went too and almost fell asleep in. 

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

If the other thread is to be believed the 20% whingers could well not renew as well as another 8% closet whingers. That could be as good as two new signings next season…

Can’t wait :classic_ninja:

The Bristol Rovers game with the upper tiers closed could be the template going forward.

8 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

I personally hope they make it a 10% rise an' get rid o' the snaggle tooth tracky bottom wearing great unwashed riff raff.....

Some people find my snaggletooth quite fetching, actually.

11 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The Bristol Rovers game with the upper tiers closed could be the template going forward.

Why would it be?

It's shortsighted in the extreme to want 20% of the support to remain a-whingeing and a-whining through yet another season. Let them go and wave their torches and make animal noises down Sloughbottom Park. 

Then we can do kids for a quid or whatever it takes to get more people in the stadium who actually want to be there.

OTBC COYY

Edited by nutty nigel
💛⚽💚💛⚽💚💛⚽💚
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Why would it be?

It's shortsighted in the extreme to want 20% of the support to remain a-whingeing and a-whining through yet another season. Let them go and wave their torches and make animal noises down Sloughbottom Park. 

Then we can do kids for a quid or whatever it takes to get more people in the stadium who actually want to be there.

OTBC COYY

Can't believe that I actually 100% agree with this. Cringed so many times this last season at numb skull moaners really trying to get people on board with their nonsense booing and moaning (rarely to any avail) and some awful displays of very fragile masculine outbursts of anger at not a lot.

As bone headed as the Snakepit tripe often is, this mentality has bred into the lower Barclay and its been an awful watch.

Bring on the 5 year old with more intelligence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The death of atmosphere at football games. 

I’ll renew mine regardless. Eternal optimism with the start of each new season. I couldn’t make the last trip to Wembley due to a holiday in Thailand so hopefully this year will set that right. I’ve always said I won’t go watch any team other than Norwich play at Wembley after the last England game I went too and almost fell asleep in. 

The football chant was killed by Sky Sports any way.

Take the same song cater it to your needs by mentioning your colours, location status or player name and there you go,

Vanilla ice cream boring football atmosphere. 

Id rather sit in silence and politely applaud like the Japanese than go deep into the spaff drivel they come up with in the Barclay. 

Edited by Nexus_Canary

53 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Why would it be?

OTBC COYY

They would have to sell every player worth a fee , you aren't thinking this through Nige, they need the money again now. 

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

The football chant was killed by Sky Sports any way.

Take the same song cater it to your needs by mentioning your colours, location status or player name and there you go,

Vanilla ice cream boring football atmosphere. 

Id rather sit in silence and politely applaud like the Japanese than go deep into the spaff drivel they come up with in the Barclay. 

I'm getting to prefer that low buzz of conversation throughout the game. Can't be arsed with that 'since I was young' nonsense, which every club seems to drone out now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

They would have to sell every player worth a fee , you aren't thinking this through Nige, they need the money again now. 

Why do you continually worry about money Suf. You won't see any of it. Anyway, get the 20% gone and we might get an extra 20% from the players next season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Why would it be?

OTBC COYY

The only thing the woman in front of me did at the Bristol Rovers game was turn round to talk to her other half behind her and a couple of seats to my left. The one on my wife's side behaved as though she was at the Samaritans. Not much atmosphere forthcoming there apart from disturbing everyone trying to watch the match.

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Why do you continually worry about money Suf. You won't see any of it. Anyway, get the 20% gone and we might get an extra 20% from the players next season.

Take out the 20% (although its way more than that who are disillusioned) and there would be no atmosphere at all at Carrow Road. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Take out the 20% (although its way more than that who are disillusioned) and there would be no atmosphere at all at Carrow Road. 

That's not true at all. In the lower barclay there's plenty of us who get behind the side and haven't spent most of the season desperately trying to be negative but struggling to be vocal enough to do so 

There's some of those around me though.

I'd be delighted if a load didn't renew and we freshened up the fanbase a bit.

There's already a couple posters claiming they don't get behind the side because the Barclays chants aren't good enough for them. I have to say the modern football fan is changing and examples like that are painful to hear.

Some chants I’ve always hated, cos I’m so fookin woke I guess, particularly the ‘ in your Liverpool slums’ type ignorance. Not as bad as the burglars song. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

That's not true at all. In the lower barclay there's plenty of us who get behind the side and haven't spent most of the season desperately trying to be negative but struggling to be vocal enough to do so 

There's already a couple posters claiming they don't get behind the side because the Barclays chants aren't good enough for them. I have to say the modern football fan is changing and examples like that are painful to hear.

Indeed it's a bit sad. Spoken from someone who doesn't vocally support the team as much as they used to I can't really explain why that is.

I did used to though and would often arrive home with a husky throat from shouting and bruised shins from those crammed in Upper Barclay seats. Not now though.

2018/19 was when it all changed and I just haven't got back to that level of support. Maybe an age thing, sterile football, don't know.

I go for, and enjoy the matchday experience. I'm on auto renew and have no intention of not renewing.

Was a poll ever done about who identifies as being in the 20% vs the 80% because I suspect Delia has severely underestimated those numbers.

Wanting whatever that percentage would be to not renew would leave a massive gap in the finances - some might say that would hasten the full takeover. Expecting that number to be replaced by other fans is a bit hopeful.

Remember last week's news item about the mid-Norfolk Tory MP who can't afford his mortgage rise on his £120,000 Ministerial salary. How does that play out with the NCFC hierarchy earning considerably more and most of the punters many of whom face those mortgage rises earning considerably less?

45 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Indeed it's a bit sad. Spoken from someone who doesn't vocally support the team as much as they used to I can't really explain why that is.

I did used to though and would often arrive home with a husky throat from shouting and bruised shins from those crammed in Upper Barclay seats. Not now though.

2018/19 was when it all changed and I just haven't got back to that level of support. Maybe an age thing, sterile football, don't know.

I go for, and enjoy the matchday experience. I'm on auto renew and have no intention of not renewing.

That's fair enough. And in itself it's not a problem, at least 50% of every stadium surely has similar fans?

Glad you enjoy the experience. That's the main thing. It's those that don't enjoy the experience and simply arrive out of some weird sense of consistency, only to moan and berate everything, that I think should consider letting up and giving other fans an opportunity. I've not really seen different fan around me in the lower barclay for a good few years and I think a refresh could be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I do not disagree with the need to get new supporters in, but given the squeeze on household budgets it is going to be tough gig.

For every youngster that wants to go there will need to be an adult to take them, so that is two season tickets at least and that is without the cost of travel/food/drink etc.

My nephew would love to go to games regularly but my bro is not in the least bit interested in football, my great nephew would also love to go regularly but his Dad is not interested in Norwich City plus the family are basically skint.

So that is two future fans who would love to go to games but cannot for whatever reason, I wonder how many other young, potential future fans have similar stories?............

20 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I do not disagree with the need to get new supporters in, but given the squeeze on household budgets it is going to be tough gig.

For every youngster that wants to go there will need to be an adult to take them, so that is two season tickets at least and that is without the cost of travel/food/drink etc.

My nephew would love to go to games regularly but my bro is not in the least bit interested in football, my great nephew would also love to go regularly but his Dad is not interested in Norwich City plus the family are basically skint.

So that is two future fans who would love to go to games but cannot for whatever reason, I wonder how many other young, potential future fans have similar stories?............

I attended without adults from the age of 10, now that can't be done till the age of 14. That doesn't help.

27 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Yes. I think that's a problem. The club have to try doing something - kids for a quid was a success when i was young. Adults for a tenner every now and again...

Interview with Knapper released this afternoon on the pinkun which should please those of you that feel you should be getting daily updates from him

56 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I attended without adults from the age of 10, now that can't be done till the age of 14. That doesn't help.

I think you are right. I started going in the days when you could pitch up, pay at the gate and stand to watch the game. I know it has been done to death but all seater stadia and no pay at the gate has been detrimental to the game. 

For me all seater stadia has been a big issue and a real con, in Germany they still have modern stadia with huge standing areas (I believe Bayern Munich has about a 13,000 capacity standing areas) that are reasonably priced.

Many moons ago a group of friends and myself went to a Bundesliga game (SV Hamburg v Werder Bremen), the ticket price included travel on public transport.

I accept that Germany is a much bigger country than England and its main cities have far superior public transport infrastructure than Norwich/Norfolk so it is hard to make comparisons, but personally I would like to see safe standing areas for young fans only (+1) with the ticket price being affordable and maybe including the cost of public transport, realistically though I know this will never happen (And I am not aiming this at just Norwich City)...............