Crafty Canary

Wagner to Huddersfield Town?

Following the sacking of Darren Moore by the Terriers DW is apparently one of the favourites to replace him. I can’t see why he would want to swP City for them so doubt this will happen.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Think it’s highly unlikely but truly Wagner is on a hiding to nothing here. The only way he is Norwich manager next season is if we get promoted. We are two points from the playoffs with a favourable fixture list surely Wagner would be asking for some reinforcements. None have arrived. The board were happy to back the guy when things were going badly now things look better a similar show of support was not forthcoming.  

I’d carry him there on my back if they were serious. 

• Like 3

I'd guess it's a possibility if the board/Knapper have actually had the balls to tell him he wont be here after this season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Think it’s highly unlikely but truly Wagner is on a hiding to nothing here. The only way he is Norwich manager next season is if we get promoted. We are two points from the playoffs with a favourable fixture list surely Wagner would be asking for some reinforcements. None have arrived. The board were happy to back the guy when things were going badly now things look better a similar show of support was not forthcoming.  

A new striker isn’t reinforcements? 

13 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

A new striker isn’t reinforcements? 

And one has left. Take Idah name out of the equation we have lost our second top scorer and replaced him with someone who has never played English football before. 

• Confused 1

Just had a look at the betting, he’s nowhere near favourite for the job, and for you binners on here trying to stir the s*** the bit of manager news you don’t seem to be mentioning is the red hot next Crystal Palace manager favourite is Kieran McKenna.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

And one has left. Take Idah name out of the equation we have lost our second top scorer and replaced him with someone who has never played English football before. 

Nor had Haaland played English football before he joined Man City, what’s English football  got to do with it ? Some will improve, some won’t 

Edited by Well b back

5 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

In that sense you’re right but on the other side of the coin, we’ve replaced him With a striker who has experience at the top level in two counties scoring a number of goals at youth level and in Holland 

• Like 1

Seems highly unlikely to me, although it does have that slight logic which means it could be true, from the outside he seems to have created a positive atmosphere, and when Sargent has been fit a competitive side.  He has a new boss, in an industry where new bosses always want new head coaches.  He knew when he joined that he was likely to be in this position fairly soon, and probably has a contractual clause in place to cover for it.  Equally it would probably be a good move for everyone involved, the sticking point would be NCFC, we are still in the shake out for promotion and if we achieved that it is worth far more than the cost of releasing David later.  I guess if he was offered the role, this is where Knapper earns his wages.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Just had a look at the betting, he’s nowhere near favourite for the job, and for you binners on here trying to stir the s*** the bit of manager news you don’t seem to be mentioning is the red hot next Crystal Palace manager favourite is Kieran McKenna.

McKenna to Palace would be comedy gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Newtopia said:

McKenna to Palace would be comedy gold.

He’d be foolish not to, the rots already started so a big move before they properly lose that promotion spot would make sense.

I am of the belief that there will be a mutual parting of the ways between manager and club either at the end of the season or just before.

The manager and the board cannot fail to have noticed the general lack of enthusiasm amongst the support for his style. It reeks from the stands on match days, it fills columns on this forum and social media in general.  He is liked enough and has probably achieved enough to have a crack at the play-offs, though.

This Huddersfield link helps maintain my view, irrespective of if he achieves the virtually impossible at Carrow Road and gets us up. The players will have achieved this despite the manger, not because of him, imo.

12 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Had Pukki? (He played Scottish football).Give the lad a chance why don’t you!

18 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Apart from Syd.

And since the board backed him,  Knapper has arrived. Wagner is clearly here for the rest of the season only. If he’s been told that, he might jump ship to Huddersfield  for a better longer-term contract.

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Apart from Syd.

And since the board backed him,  Knapper has arrived. Wagner is clearly here for the rest of the season only. If he’s been told that, he might jump ship to Huddersfield  for a better longer-term contract.

I guess my point is it’s one in one out. Why not keep Idah and bring in Syd. Apart from Syd I don’t see much on our bench which can change games. Like today Rowe won’t be playing Hernandez I think will start. We’ll have Barnes, Fassnacht and Syd on the bench one more injury in attacking positions and we are seriously light. I am actually starting to feel quite sorry for Wagner in a way I thought given we beat Hull and West Brom the board might just throw him a bone and get someone akin to Emmanuel Dennis or Zahrouri who have turned up at Hull and Watford who are essentially the competition for 6th place.

Edited by Ulfotto

As has been said, the only way this is even slightly feasible is if Wagner has been told he's off at the end of the season. If that is the case, this works for all parties; Wagner has more long-term job security and we don't have to pay him off as I understand he's on a rolling 12 month deal so will pocket a year's salary when he does get the old heave-ho (I could be wrong on that point).

It'd be pretty interesting if a caretaker came in for the rest of the season, someone from the Youth setup or Neil Adams, and managed to guide us to the playoffs and promotion, what would the club do in that scenario?!

30 minutes ago, For the future said:

What a load of rubbish he’s not going anywhere 

As mentioned it depends what Huddersfield might offer him. Trouble is there's so much goes on behind the scenes between agents and clubs that goes undetected.

Bottom line is Wagner wasn't really supported this transfer window, is only on a 12 mth rolling contract and the majority of supporters don't think he's the right man to take us forward. I doubt he'll land at Huddersfield but the point remains.

• Like 1

On 02/02/2024 at 15:50, Robert N. LiM said:

"February till May, you say?"

Screenshot 2024-02-02 at 15.49.49.png

Hahaha - done exactly that at Aberdeen. He really has got this part of his life nailed. Work three months for an amount of money that most would kill for as a yearly salary, then take the rest of the year off. Genius.