Can’t believe we played to defend 1-0 defeat and seemed happy with that ! What have we come too , no signings no hope of going up this season . I could have scored Sara miss . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 3

57 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

Can’t believe we played to defend 1-0 defeat and seemed happy with that ! What have we come too , no signings no hope of going up this season . I could have scored Sara miss . 

Another one proving that Delia's comments after the AGM were correct.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I think we played ok but had a lack of a cutting edge that was there at WBA. Idah is not the answer for us & I'd rather he dropped a league and went and got regular football. Kenny was magnificent.

In this league we are were our current squad deserves to be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yellowhammer said:

I could have scored Sara miss . 

And he could write better English than you, seems like you need to swap roles?

• Haha 2

Must be a sign of the times, I was quite happy with a decent performance and a 1 nil defeat 😬

• Like 2

This was always a difficult game, Leeds at Elland Road have been formidable this season, as the binners can vouch.

With the position we have maintained our season and run for the playoffs starts Saturday week. Should we lose that game to Coventry though, I guess the second half of the season will die a death.

Absolute nonsense, this. We attacked very well from defence and midfield and what we lacked was the willingness to shoot more.

• Like 1

i think there’s definitely been an acceptance / lower expectation this season amongst some. Lack of transfer window demand an example of that. Perhaps partly out of realism. Perhaps partly due to somewhat of an apathy. But losing 1.0 away to a good Leeds team isn’t the example that I’d seize upon. Sure, we didn’t really look like winning the match, but they didn’t look that much better than us either. We battled well and I certainly expected them to brush us aside easier than they did. 

Edited by S_81

3 hours ago, nu_matik said:

Absolute nonsense, this. We attacked very well from defence and midfield and what we lacked was the willingness to shoot more.

No what we lacked especially in the second half was any clue what to do with the ball when we had it. No guile, no creativity, no spark. And nothing at all on the bench to bring on and add that spark. That’s what we lacked and always will under this management with this set of players against good sides. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

A distinct whiff of bin. 

Perhaps this binboy could tell us how many have joined the suffolk cowshed so far. Or why if we were defending there was a goalscoring opportunity that was missed ?

421990514.jpg.816234e46ed35ab579870b2d93e0a403.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

Absolutely- playing to defend clearly means taking off a central defender and replacing them with a more attacking player- alternatively you have no idea what you’re talking about!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, RobJames said:

A distinct whiff of bin. 

Perhaps this binboy could tell us how many have joined the suffolk cowshed so far. Or why if we were defending there was a goalscoring opportunity that was missed ?

421990514.jpg.816234e46ed35ab579870b2d93e0a403.jpg

If my memory serves me correctly, havent they conceded 8 to Leeds so far ? With the possibility of a playoff rematch to come yet.

6 hours ago, Yellowhammer said:

It’s the erosion of standards like I’ve said many, many times.

Some are happy to revel in mediocrity, it’s how they love their lives so why should it be different for their football team.

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s the erosion of standards like I’ve said many, many times.

Some are happy to revel in mediocrity, it’s how they love their lives so why should it be different for their football team.

421990514.jpg.816234e46ed35ab579870b2d93e0a403.jpg.9ef78acf0528a5113d722ac2ee9ef180.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hardhouse44 said:

No what we lacked especially in the second half was any clue what to do with the ball when we had it. No guile, no creativity, no spark. And nothing at all on the bench to bring on and add that spark. That’s what we lacked and always will under this management with this set of players against good sides. 

Also nonsense. Bin off

12 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

Also nonsense. Bin off

Not a binner ........just a very naughty boy 🙄

• Like 1

In society there are a % of people who are beyond help and it's no different with football fans. Some just don't get it...

I wonder if it's about 20% ...

That 15-20 minute period after HT was probably the best period we've had all season.

Leeds couldn't get the ball back, we pressed and won every second ball, we made the crowd frustrated and hostile, it's just a shame we couldn't create a goal.

16 minutes ago, hogesar said:

In society there are a % of people who are beyond help and it's no different with football fans. Some just don't get it...

I wonder if it's about 20% ...

Depends if losing and having only 5 shots (only 3 teams have had less at Leeds this season) and 1 shot on target (only 1 team has had less) is a reason for celebration or despair. I'm old school - losing and offering little up front is v worrying.  

I saw defensive improvements but nothing at the top end of the pitch to spark optimism

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, City Stand Ultra said:

Depends if losing and having only 5 shots (only 3 teams have had less at Leeds this season) and 1 shot on target (only 1 team has had less) is a reason for celebration or despair. I'm old school - losing and offering little up front is v worrying.  

I saw defensive improvements but nothing at the top end of the pitch to spark optimism

These 80%ers are convinced we can hit the playoffs through mediocrity 

well, we played one of the likely favourites for the playoffs last night. So I guess we can put that to bed.

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

These 80%ers are convinced we can hit the playoffs through mediocrity 

well, we played one of the likely favourites for the playoffs last night. So I guess we can put that to bed.

We could have won 5 nil with 90% possession and you'd be calling everyone weirdos, and bringing up you know what.

5 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

We could have won 5 nil with 90% possession and you'd be calling everyone weirdos, and bringing up you know what.

We didn’t.

This season is another write off and some fans are happy with that. That’s not the attitude successful people and successful football clubs should have.

12 minutes ago, City Stand Ultra said:

I'm old school - losing and offering little up front is v worrying

Losing one match in 6 (4 of them vs the top six) is "Very" worrying?!   

I wouldn't say that's old school thinking,.more on a primary level to me.

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

We didn’t.

This season is another write off and some fans are happy with that. That’s not the attitude successful people and successful football clubs should have.

A mentally weak attitude is one that only sees the negative and struggles with a broader perspective than one persistently negative tirade

Edited by nu_matik
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

That’s not the attitude successful people and successful football clubs should have.

Would you rather aim to be successful, or happy?

16 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Would you rather aim to be successful, or happy?

Imagine thinking they have to be mutually exclusive.