Midlands Yellow

Lowest Crowd This season

That’s hard to believe and don’t get me wrong 25,000+ attendances all season are impressive. That said it’s still strange folk pay for a seat and don’t turn up. It’s must be a post pandemic and older than norm fan base we have. 

I thought they always included season ticket holders in the count, whether they turned up or not.

7 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

I thought they always included season ticket holders in the count, whether they turned up or not.

Always do but just a shade over 25,000 today. 

6 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Always do but just a shade over 25,000 today. 

Surely 25,800 is more tha a shade over 25,000.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Surely 25,800 is more tha a shade over 25,000.

25,180. Apologies if you are correct (that would be a change mind) 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

25,180. Apologies if you are correct (that would be a change mind) 

It’s what they announced at the game and posted on the big screen.

2 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Only checked on the BBC, they could be wrong as it did seem low. 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Bloke who didn’t go starts a thread about people who didn’t go…

Just do one.Can I shake your hand at Leeds on Wednesday or are you not going away AGAIN. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow

10 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Just do one.Can I shake your hand at Leeds on Wednesday or are you not going away AGAIN. 

Been to Leeds five times. Retired from that now. Watched Norwich on over 80 different grounds before I retired from it. Would have been a lot easier based in the midlands…

Don’t fluff your lines on Wednesday…

Plenty of empty seats today, lots of season ticket holders that would have been counted did not attend. However loads of empty seats elsewhere, the family corner almost empty, probably 25% of the away end not sold and loads of empties in the corner of the South Stand / River End bit.

My lad didn’t go op as he’s in Poland, hope that’s ok with you ?

1 hour ago, Matt Juler said:

Was definitely something and 800 announced.

Agreed it was as we were shocked at that number.

The crowd was announced as 25800 but it was clearly less than that, the strip of away seats in Block G next to Block H in the South Stand was barely a quarter full and there were visible empty seats all around the ground. 

29 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

The crowd was announced as 25800 but it was clearly less than that, the strip of away seats in Block G next to Block H in the South Stand was barely a quarter full and there were visible empty seats all around the ground. 

I thought there looked less empty seats yesterday than against PNE.. but that could just be from my vantage point.

Was definitely 25,800 announced. With 1204 signing.. and one drum. VIVA LA DRUM! 

The largest block of empty seats was between the home and away fans, which I guess is largely casual ticket sales. 

No surprise sales slightly down given the time of year, Christmas credit card bills hitting doormats, plus it was bloody cold!

The crowd was announced as 25,800, but I thought the atmosphere was pretty good compared to previous games, and not a mobile phone torch in sight 😉

• Thanks 1

The very cold weather would have made venturing out in order to "sit" for nearly two hours a factor .... especially as half the country has some sort of flu like condition. Match day experience? Not so sure with these temperatures and inconsistent performances. This was one of the most attractive home fixtures of the season, and the team is on a decent run after all.  

I am away at the moment so paid my tenner and am warm but nevertheless might have been and been at home in Kent, so back to my hobby horse of the out-dated nonsense of not being able to pay for a 3pm official stream.

I wonder how many resorted to illegal streams who would have preferred to put a few pounds (7 quid?) into the Canary coffers rather than contribute to the advertising revenue of dodgy American companies. Some respectable posters on this forum seem to have done for a starter.

Ok, gates might suffer a little, especially for lower league clubs, but can this be made up with subscriptions (and advertising revenue?) We won't know until it is tried, perhaps just for the Chumps.

Edited by BroadstairsR

As season ticket holders (whether they actually attend, or not) are included in the announced attendance it can only have meant than less casual tickets were sold than normal.

I certainly thought that there had been lower actual attendances at previous matches this season than at yesterday's match, based on empty seats (more casuals, but less season ticket holders turning up). Can only be less casuals yesterday, possibly due to performances (not wins) on the pitch?

Today is the only time all season that we’ve played anything close to attractive attacking football. There’s been many games over the past 6 months where I’ve thought nope, my Saturday will be worse for going to Carrow Road. I only went yesterday out of duty. And that’s ok to feel like that. A big part of it for me was the Southampton game - I will never ever forget it or forgive Wagner, whatever we do this season.

Edited by Captain Holt

Attendance was definitely announced as 25800, not particularly ‘bad’.  The biggest ‘gaps‘ were in the away fans, which was perhaps 3/4 full at best. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Matt Juler said:

Was definitely something and 800 announced.

Yes the announcer said 25000 AND 800 which was a tad bit confusing adding the AND!

Edited by kingsway

12 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

That’s hard to believe and don’t get me wrong 25,000+ attendances all season are impressive. That said it’s still strange folk pay for a seat and don’t turn up. It’s must be a post pandemic and older than norm fan base we have. 

I couldn’t go because I have a contagious illness I am recovering from. Should I of gone and risked infecting people around me? I didn’t do the buy back as I was hoping to of been recovered in time. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, kingsway said:

Yes the asnnouncer said 25000 AND 800 which was a tad bit confusing adding the AND!

I thought so but my Sunday paper says 25,180.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I thought so but my Sunday paper says 25,180.

The announcer 100% said 25800, and that is what’s reported in the official site, your paper can print whatever it likes.

6 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The announcer 100% said 25800, and that is what’s reported in the official site, your paper can print whatever it likes.

More than one newspaper has recorded 25,180. Do you believe they all got it wrong or NCFC misinformed them?

8 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Got the year wrong on the New Year’s Day match programme so who knows. 

I get the crowd is maybe thinning a bit but you only have to watch the football league highlights to see that  Norwich ground is a lot fuller than 99% than the vast majority of football league clubs.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Got the year wrong on the New Year’s Day match programme so who knows. 

Indeed. Bang on the front cover. The attention to detail of our £3 million a year SMT is shocking.

13 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Make a change if they manage to get anything right on that monstrosity

10 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I get the crowd is maybe thinning a bit but you only have to watch the football league highlights to see that  Norwich ground is a lot fuller than 99% than the vast majority of football league clubs.

That is true too and apparently numerous of the gaps yesterday were in the WBA section. Perhaps WBA have paid for some of those empty spaces to allow their loyal fans who want to go to do so even if they can't fill them all. Not a philosophy that NCFC is willing to follow as the approach to Liverpool next week demonstrates. So we risk choking off fans due to the greed and short-sightedness of the SMT.