cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Tigers V Canaries*

9 minutes ago, king canary said:

It was still a ridiculous signing in the circumstances but that is another discussion.

It absolutely wasn't, as I had to argue at the time. I could forgive those arguing otherwise at the time, you're not all as prescient as me, but to continue to argue it with the benefit of hindsight? Really?

One of the very few things Webber got right from summer 21 onwards.

Edited by canarydan23
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

It absolutely wasn't, as I had to argue at the time. I could forgive those arguing otherwise at the time, you're not all as prescient as me, but to continue to argue it with the benefit of hindsight? Really?

Yeah really.

Spending £5m on a backup when you're first team isn't good enough isn't a good use of funds. This was born out by us getting relegated and finishing rock bottom yet again.

See also spending £10m odd on Tzolis.

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't remember ever seeing a Norwich team give the ball away so often

Part of our clever plan

Defensively we are awful, we look all over the place, whenever an opposition attacks us there isn’t any organisation & we just panic.

Just now, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Bet if Celtic approached for him to replace the ageing Joe Hart (who is out of contract in the summer) he'd be there in a flash. Where he would still earn more than a week than you do in a year.

Well, we will see…. We could be in the playoffs 

I could join the 20%
or I could join a Russel Martin appreciation society - and charge my phone 

Just now, Foxy2600 said:

Well, we will see…. We could be in the playoffs 

We'd need a few quality signings for any chance of that, and I just don't think the club will find the money for that. I'd love to be wrong.

Just now, king canary said:

Yeah really.

Spending £5m on a backup when you're first team isn't good enough isn't a good use of funds. This was born out by us getting relegated and finishing rock bottom yet again.

See also spending £10m odd on Tzolis.

Clubs are allowed to make signings whilst looking at more than the next 12 months you know. And it was 2.5 million up front, very curious as to what could have been done with that in summer to change that season's fate.

And as I type, another great save.

Gunn was a fantastic signing. Bizarre that anyone would continue to argue otherwise.

Amazing save by Angus there. This is becoming relentlessly horrible. 

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

It's a horrible feeling knowing they will eventually score.

I think we're going to scrape this - I hope 

1 minute ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

We'd need a few quality signings for any chance of that, and I just don't think the club will find the money for that. I'd love to be wrong.

You’re wrong - hope you feel better for the next 6 months…. Or just the weekend after we finish this rugby match - bright side If there is one? Argos is on!!!! Yyyyyeeeeaaaah!

2 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Clubs are allowed to make signings whilst looking at more than the next 12 months you know. And it was 2.5 million up front, very curious as to what could have been done with that in summer to change that season's fate.

And as I type, another great save.

Gunn was a fantastic signing. Bizarre that anyone would continue to argue otherwise.

I'm not arguing if he is or isn't a good player.

I'm arguing that, when you have a limited budget, spending a good chunk of it as we did on Gunn and Tzolis on players to be back ups doesn't make sense when the first choice XI isn't good enough.

You can disagree, it's fine.