cambridgeshire canary

Hwang sent back to Forest. His Norwich career is over

1 minute ago, Andy G said:

Personal life[edit]

On 25 June 2023, an unidentified user on the social networking service Instagram accused Hwang of gaslighting her and other women, alleging that he had intimate and sexual relations with multiple partners without formally establishing a relationship due the prospects of returning to his football club Nottingham Forest in England.[28] She also claimed that videos on his cellphone with these women may have been taken without consent or by hidden cameras; she posted private conversations and recordings on the social media platform. Hwang's management company UJ Sports denied the allegations and stated that it would take legal action against the distributor of the contents.[29] In November 2023, he was suspended by South Korea pending a police inquiry into the claims.[30]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_Ui-jo

Yikes, hard to defend any of that…

37 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Why is an opinion "clueless"?

Because it originates someone who has consistently proven themselves to be useless.

Also, Hwang is 31 with 3 goals in 770 minutes for us. Idah is 22 with 6 in 1200. Idah also wins slightly more in the air, and holds the ball up better. So when every conceivable stat flys in the face of an opinion alongside the fact i've actually watched them both play live all season (something CC has not) then I think it's fair.

• Confused 1

32 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Someone actually still rates Idah? Any more around?

Let's be 'aving yew.

The best thing about Adam is that he turns up in a City shirt so we are duty bound to support him, but that's proving to be a tough ask.

I rate him above a 31 year old pervert who has half the amount of goals this season than Idah does.

But some seem to have some weird dedication to hating Idah. Each to their own 🙂 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i do not think we have a chance because of Wagner 

I'm going to see how he does now players like Sarge are back. 

He has hit top 3 form across 6 games a few times this season, and it comes in periods where we have players fit.

This window is imperative that we learn from the outages from first part of this season and ensure we have cover, we are a completely different proposition with Sarge.

22 minutes ago, CanadianCanary said:

I’m a newer fan but seemed to like Hwang at times. Maybe it’s the smaller sample size I have but I thought he contributed well at times. 

He looked miles away from being a PL level player and hardly set the world alight in the championship

I’ll say this, I was pretty much expecting no decision to be made and for him to just… sort of stay? So, fair play to the club for at the very least making a decision.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I rate him above a 31 year old pervert who has half the amount of goals this season than Idah does.

"Hate" what on earth are you talking about now?

I've always supported the lad, but have given up on him, ditto nearly the case with young Tzolis. 

Two with promise and given plenty of chances to come good, but who have never quite made it.

How do you regard Christophe, btw? As you say, "Each to his own."

Edited by BroadstairsR

11 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

"Hate" what on earth are you talking about now?

I've always supported the lad, but have given up on him, ditto nearly the case with young Tzolis. 

Two with promise and given plenty of chances to come good, but who have never quite made it.

How do you regard Christophe, btw? As you say, "Each to his own."

I didn't say you hated him. I said some. And it's not hard to see on this forum those that claimed all along he was non-league / league 2 striker - not many score 6 in 1200 minutes at championship level at 22....

I don't rate Tzolis but he's doing alright in Germany.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I didn't say you hated him. I said some. And it's not hard to see on this forum those that claimed all along he was non-league / league 2 striker - not many score 6 in 1200 minutes at championship level at 22....

I don't rate Tzolis but he's doing alright in Germany.

Tzolis had a good scoring run but dried up now. Unless he has another decent scoring run his record over the season will begin to look a bit 'meh' as well.

With Idah, I pointed out the other day that his goals per minute ratio is good, however I'd still have preferred him to go out on loan to get a run of starts, always seems to need to grow into games. He needs to go and start 20 games for somebody, League One perhaps, and I think he'd come back a better player. Now not the really an option with Hwang injured and off.

49 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I still think there’s a real talent in Idah! Just don’t know why he’s not fulfilled his potential. But with the right coaching and mentoring (Barnes) who knows he might surprise a few yet!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andy G said:

Personal life[edit]

On 25 June 2023, an unidentified user on the social networking service Instagram accused Hwang of gaslighting her and other women, alleging that he had intimate and sexual relations with multiple partners without formally establishing a relationship due the prospects of returning to his football club Nottingham Forest in England.[28] She also claimed that videos on his cellphone with these women may have been taken without consent or by hidden cameras; she posted private conversations and recordings on the social media platform. Hwang's management company UJ Sports denied the allegations and stated that it would take legal action against the distributor of the contents.[29] In November 2023, he was suspended by South Korea pending a police inquiry into the claims.[30]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwang_Ui-jo

Has to make the decision easier for Norwich or the real reason. Plus the injury. Infact he just didn't tick lots of boxes

Edited by KiwiScot

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

I still think there’s a real talent in Idah! Just don’t know why he’s not fulfilled his potential. But with the right coaching and mentoring (Barnes) who knows he might surprise a few yet!

Can I ask why you think that? What is it that you see? Jose Mourinho referred to him once as 'the next ibrahimovic' when he was 17, I'll try to find the quote. So obviously in that regard he has been a disappointment

If we hauled him in when Sarge got injured then it makes sense to send him back. 

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Hopefully they have done this to free up a loan slot that can be used for a new signing

Yeah, potentially we need another striker now. Relying on Sarge, Barnes and Idah is a bit risky if Wagner is to keep with 2 players up top.

Had it not been for Hwang's injury we may well have stuck with him but he doesn't tick many boxes right now in my mind.

12 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Can I ask why you think that? What is it that you see? Jose Mourinho referred to him once as 'the next ibrahimovic' when he was 17, I'll try to find the quote. So obviously in that regard he has been a disappointment

Three things, he’s big and strong, has pace & he makes good runs off the ball!

I really thought as he gets older and more experienced he would learn to control & hold the ball up, in patches he does this well, but not consistently enough, but he has it in him! 
His finishing again isn’t as good as it should be…again you see enough from him to know he’s got the ability to put the ball in the nest! Just misses the target far too much!

Now I believe it’s his mental ability which really holds him back, call it confidence or self belief, but if he was lacking all those skill fair enough but he isn’t it’s just in his mind! That said it might be this holds his true ability back for his entire career who knows! But I like the lad and hope there’s a decent coach who comes in and gets his best!

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Indy said:

I dont think he will ever reach the heights he was expected to hit. I would love to be proved wrong, but I just dont see enough improvements in his game. But you are right, it can only stand as a good thing to be playing near / training with more seasoned professionals like Barnes, if he is a player which offers some form of guidance.

Edited by jaberry2

5 minutes ago, Indy said:

I really thought as he gets older and more experienced he would learn to control & hold the ball up, in patches he does this well, but not consistently enough, but he has it in him! 
His finishing again isn’t as good as it should be…again you see enough from him to know he’s got the ability to put the ball in the nest! Just misses the target far too much!

Now I believe it’s his mental ability which really holds him back, call it confidence or self belief, but if he was lacking all those skill fair enough but he isn’t it’s just in his mind! That said it might be this holds his true ability back for his entire career who knows! But I like the lad and hope there’s a decent coach who comes in and gets his best!

He makes plenty of good offside runs...for sure.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

You forgot the ‘ alleged ‘ before pervert. It’s yet to be decided in the courts.

Wouldn’t want to see Hwang’s lawyers on your case ( big smile )

• Haha 1

Not disappointed to see Hwang go - his goal at Watford was good and the finish against QPR was good but his general play was pretty forgettable. I see the comments on Idah. For the last 5 or 6 years we've all known he has the talent to be a player, but his lack of progress has been a huge disappointment. As his game is currently, he doesn't start in a Championship team as a striker. Given that very simple fact, getting him out on loan at League One level would make perfect sense if only to see if development is possible. If we need a squad striker, promote one from the U21s to sit on the bench and get 15 minutes off it instead of him - we all know Barnes and Sargent are going to start. 

Kamara has clearly progressed at Portsmouth, as Mumba did at Plymouth. It would be interesting to see what Idah could do at that level.

• Like 1

We should probably promote Aboh into the first team for that final striker spot, his game time won’t be great but he’s more than earned a shot.

Unfortunately his contract is up in the summer and by the sounds of it he’s hesitant to sign due to the lack of a clear pathway. It’s a tricky situation as Sarge/Idah are both still young and Kamara is performing well out on loan.

• Like 2

No point giving important minutes to a 31 year old loanee who won't be here next season. Hopefully this is a sign that we're going to stop being so short term in our thinking this season. Idah, Sargent and Aboh should be sharing out the minutes ideally. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Indy said:

Reading this reminds me of when Emile Heskey went to Liverpool. He seemed to stop doing what made Liverpool buy him and started passing a lot more when at Leicester he'd have just thumped it. 

The psychology of going up a level? Call it imposter syndrome perhaps. Heskey I thought felt pressure at Liverpool and perhaps not worthy or over-awed by his team mates. 

1 hour ago, king canary said:

No point giving important minutes to a 31 year old loanee who won't be here next season. Hopefully this is a sign that we're going to stop being so short term in our thinking this season. Idah, Sargent and Aboh should be sharing out the minutes ideally. 

We might recall Abu Kamara - though Id be very surprised at that

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And yet Hwang still showed more promise as a striker than both Idah and Barnes

Barnes isn’t even a meh player. He’s a washed up has been. Come on who thinks Barnes is the answer going forward?

Idah has been poorly managed for the last two years along with injuries.

7 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

As it is, with this stuff looming over him too, I think we made the right decision in sending him back to Nottingham Forest 

Question will Little John tell Hwang to put his iPhone away while chatting up Maid Marian in Sherwood Forest 

1 hour ago, Ernie Wise said:

Barnes isn’t even a meh player. He’s a washed up has been. Come on who thinks Barnes is the answer going forward

Might be better off the bench.

Clearly not got the legs to play back to back 90 mins.