Take him. Stacey too comfortable and not performing how he did start of the season, this young lad will want to prove himself and get to the prem one way or another... sadly it won't be with Rotherham 

Posted (edited)

Watching highlights he's the kind of signing you'd imagine Knapper would like, with his Arsenal background.  Looks very mobile and composed.

I remember his goal against us, but can't remember a great deal more about him - looking online it says he came in to Wolves as a number 10 originally and fell into the right back position.  Does that mean he is more akin to a wingback?

Just wondering really, in regards to the five at the back which people have asked if it's something we'll look to exploit in future.

Edited by Google Bot

Didn’t Knapper say he was looking for longer term investments rather than short term fixes at the AGM ?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Watching highlights he's the kind of signing you'd imagine Knapper would like, with his Arsenal background.  Looks very mobile and composed.

I remember his goal against us, but can't remember a great deal more about him - looking online it says he came in to Wolves as a number 10 originally and fell into the right back position.  Does that mean he is more akin to a wingback?

Just wondering really, in regards to the five at the back which people have asked if it's something we'll look to exploit in future.

From what I have read he is much more of an attacking wingback yes, which does rather fit how we play

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I would say this position is the very least of our priorities.

Would say we don't need a fifth striker or an eighth keeper but yeah not a massive priority for me either. 

I said this on another thread but we need to make 100% sure our own academy kids don’t get a chance to shine. 

If there’s even a whiff of Kellen Fisher being handed an opportunity to have a run in the first team I want that shut down IMMEDIATELY. Do not take a a risk on developing our own youth players whatsoever.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

If there’s even a whiff of Kellen Fisher being handed an opportunity to have a run in the first team I want that shut down IMMEDIATELY. Do not take a a risk on developing our own youth players whatsoever.

*Waves to American readers*

Stacey always looks knackered by the end of a game, he goes full pelt for 65 minutes and looks knackered after. I have been impressed with him though

4 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

I would say this position is the very least of our priorities.

I think a right back is important to source in this window, Stacey has done Ok but fisher is miles off it at this stage, bright future for sure but nowhere near this level yet (which is understandable). 

4 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Didn’t Knapper say he was looking for longer term investments rather than short term fixes at the AGM ?

I assume bringing in a right back on loan allows Fisher to go out on loan for the second half of this season, so it would be long term thinking if it means Fisher comes back a better player in the summer?

23 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Would say we don't need a fifth striker or an eighth keeper but yeah not a massive priority for me either. 

Are you one of those Incel characters you read about on the web? 

19 hours ago, norwich canary said:

Are you one of those Incel characters you read about on the web? 

B6FC08F8-F09F-46CA-AC93-442FF399EC96.thumb.jpeg.7bfc652219e36d90d2955d7c0ebc1f4d.jpeg

• Haha 1

On 03/01/2024 at 16:40, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’d much rather we got a left back. McCallum is miles off what we need and Dimi is hot and cold 

McCallum is a winger and not a fullback and that's the issue if you ask me

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

With respect I can see him morph into a CB. I have seen him play in central defence whilst out on loan at QPR (he has played there briefly once for Norwich as well), when the ball is in front of him he can defend very well. What he is not good at is recovery after an attacking run and chasing a winger who gets round him. 

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He’s not good enough for us for either position so doesn’t particularly matter 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Possibly, and also likely why we were happy to get rid of Mumba as Dimi, Sam and Bali are not exactly brilliant defensively but decent going forward.

I don't think we have great fullbacks on the right or left tbh.