Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

The club is run, governed and organised by gutless clowns

I don’t care about the equaliser, the fact we drew. I don’t care about 17 match unbeaten runs, so don’t talk to me about them.

Yesterday, football died at Carrow Road, never have I been so disgusted at the way we approached a game. 

I don’t know whether Knapper and the board sanctioned this approach in order to prevent what they perceived might be a result which would cause them to have take action they are still to reluctant or gutless to make. 

If not what I do know is I’d want any owner of my club to march in to the manager office directly after the game and tell him with no uncertainty that they NEVER want to see us approach a game at home against a club in this league like that again!

Pathetic!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

A quick glance at a Manchester United Forum - when was the last time you actually enjoyed watching United? 
It was ever thus, whether in pub or on forum; sad characters whinging. 

• Like 4

They’ll tell you,  will the 80%ers, playing like that was the only way.

The only way we could have possibly played against Athletico Southampton, who will surely win the Champions league this year.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

They’ll tell you,  will the 80%ers, playing like that was the only way.

The only way we could have possibly played against Athletico Southampton, who will surely win the Champions league this year.

You mean the same Southampton side who we would have beat 4 months ago if it wasn’t for a dodgy last min Pen? I thought they were like Jesus in red and white 😂

Just now, By Hook or Ian crook said:

You mean the same Southampton side who we would have beat 4 months ago if it wasn’t for a dodgy last min Pen? I thought they were like Jesus in red and white 😂

What were we supposed to do? Surely the only option was to get down on our knees and pray we wouldn’t be crushed. Crushed by the epic might, that footballing juggernaut that is the all conquering Southampton!

Surrender! Surrender was the only option in the face of such a footballing monstrosity!

Pep is kept awake at night, Klopp eternally haunted by the spectre of the team they call Southampton.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, The Real Buh said:

What were we supposed to do? Surely the only option was to get down on our knees and pray we wouldn’t be crushed. Crushed by the epic might, that footballing juggernaut that is the all conquering Southampton!

Surrender! Surrender was the only option in the face of such a footballing monstrosity!

Pep is kept awake at night, Klopp eternally haunted by the spectre of the team they call Southampton.

Well apparently they do go marching in 

What I think is most interesting, as another poster raised, is Wagner saying we spent 6 minutes working on such tactics. Even if he was misquoted and meant 60 minutes - it’s not a lot of time. And it makes you wonder why the sudden pivot to such an approach. Not like a load of new injuries have been sprung upon him.  It’s almost as if training has gone so badly that he’s suddenly said “right we’re parking the bus, let’s work on it”. It’s all very odd. 

5 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Well apparently they do go marching in 

“Cry, Havoc! And let slip the dogs of war and Southampton” cried Marc Anthony!

We can only hope that the behemoth, the world renowned footballing titan that is Southampton took pity on us in our cowed state yesterday (the players and the 80%ers) and let us off. I pity the team the play next as they will surely fear a mighty backlash.

For they are Southampton, they are football. It’s their game we are just playing at their behest. 

• Confused 1

Football eh, Wagner plays the same tactics all season with wildly variable results. People say try something different. Then he does and it is “football has died”

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Football eh, Wagner plays the same tactics all season with wildly variable results. People say try something different. Then he does and it is “football has died”

Different doesn’t have to be 5 at the back at home though does it? 

6 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Were you there. It was an apology for football!

• Like 2

Stop crying. The biggest proportion of your football supporting life will be watching fairly boring $hit. Its the small proportion of magical moments that make it all worth while.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Stop crying. The biggest proportion of your football supporting life will be watching fairly boring $hit. Its the small proportion of magical moments that make it all worth while.

Exactly Ricardo. I'd prefer to be city supporter always. Our victories mean so much more to us than than supporters of say Man City and the like to which another title is just another year. I remember those moments not the dross or disappointments.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Also posters complain about the majority owners interfering in how the club is run (the many posts about train sets and the call to Wagner spring to mind) but we play defensively for one game and they ought to “march in to the manager office directly after the game” to tell them how they should be doing their job. 🤔 <-confused emoji.

• Like 1

A tactical masterclass from a manager who has had a lot of rubbish labelled at him particularly saying he has no plan b 

well there’s ya plan b ya ***ers 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

Exactly Ricardo. I'd prefer to be city supporter always. Our victories mean so much more to us than than supporters of say Man City and the like to which another title is just another year. I remember those moments not the dross or disappointments.

I have managed to last out seventy seasons so these difficult periods are nothing new. Football is like life, don't expect either to be all beer and skittles because you will be forever disappointed. Being an NCFc supporter is never going to be an easy untroubled ride.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

A tactical masterclass from a manager who has had a lot of rubbish labelled at him particularly saying he has no plan b 

My god, I hope that’s sarcasm. 

43 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Post of the year.

I admit it's a limited pool at this early stage, but still.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

If plan B is surrender, 11 players behind the ball and hope for scraps while playing at home, I think we should have stuck with plan A.......but then we haven't really been seeing plan A either, which is supposed to be a high press approach, so yesterday was the first sign that we have any kind of definite plan at all.....and it was to gift the opposition control of the match right from the kick off. 

Not good, however the match turned out. 

10 minutes ago, S_81 said:

My god, I hope that’s sarcasm. 

Why would it be? 

as the boards resident wise wizard has pointed out, sometimes you need to grind our results which make the magical moments even sweeter 

Just now, lake district canary said:

If plan B is surrender, 11 players behind the ball and hope for scraps while playing at home, I think we should have stuck with plan A.......but then we haven't really been seeing plan A either, which is supposed to be a high press approach, so yesterday was the first sign that we have any kind of definite plan at all.....and it was to gift the opposition control of the match right from the kick off. 

Böłłocks 

46 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

Why would it be? 

as the boards resident wise wizard has pointed out, sometimes you need to grind our results which make the magical moments even sweeter 

Capture.PNG.e548c8de76df5bd31753276f6d3d86b3.PNG

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, Yobocop said:
58 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Böłłocks 

So you don't think plan A is the high pressing game?

Was yesterday a plan B ?

Or would you say there have been lots of plans indicating different approaches to different games?

However you look at it - and however much you might think it's b*llocks - 28% posession at home, is very, very poor.

Posted (edited)

The interesting thing is I was sat right behind the home dugout and A Hughes was screaming press them whenever we actually got them in their own 1/3 which was pretty rare…. Seems him and Wagner were not on the same page with their instructions during the first half. I actually got a cricked neck from watching constantly towards the Barclay 1st half, luckily my neck was relieved 2nd half 

Edited by Helsinki canary

Knapper said his philosophy is progressive, aggressive attacking football. I’m pretty sure that was not us vs the Saints

1 hour ago, Yobocop said:

Why would it be? 

Well let’s hope for some magical moments soon then 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, JonnyJonnyRowe said:

Capture.PNG.e548c8de76df5bd31753276f6d3d86b3.PNG

Well to be fair, when you’re playing Real Madrid what would you expe…oh hold on, sorry it was Southampton in the championship … hmmmm

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Clearly it wasn't any sort of surrender.

Plan A, the gung ho swashbuckling approach has seen us go out of the blocks like Saints did yesterday, go again again and again to be thwarted and then to be sucker punched on the counter and go behind several times this season.

I can respect people with insight raising question marks over why any particular player in a particular position and how it gels with the players around them, but it's literally a manager's job to look at his own team and look at who they're playing against, how the opposition plays football, and then make a judgement on what approach the team takes to the game. We got draws against Saints home and away this season, that's actually decent going and in line with being promotion contenders against the calibre of opposition. If so many people really will reject a manager doing anything other than say 'look lads, we want to be in their third the whole game; never mind the danger', why don't we just save some money and not bother having a manager?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, ricardo said:

I agree with your general point, Ricardo, and I'd say that yesterday's goal - Rowe to Sara to Rowe to Sargent to back of net - qualified as one of those magical moments. We've had a few this season - thank God, since we'd be near the relegation zone without them. 

The problem for me is that under both Smith and Wagner, we seem to be relying on these moments of skill from a handful of our better players to compensate for a) a lack of any sense of an identity or long-term strategy, and b) a very mediocre level of back-up players when we look beyond our best eleven. Apart from these flashes of brilliance, we have hardly ever looked like a coherent unit.

And we're probably going to lose the two players most capable of producing magical moments - Rowe and Sara - this summer.  

Edited by canarybubbles

Posted (edited)

The fans that accept the football we saw against Southampton will be the same ones that accept relegation, degradation in available footballing talent, administration et al.

Its a day out for them.

Edited by The Real Buh