Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Meanwhile in the premier league

Posted (edited)

https://dubz.co/v/26qw4r

Hello VAR? Can you hear me? You could see that right? You could, you know, tell the referee he dived right? Right?

And on a different note why exactly did he dive for a penalty when all he had to do was to tap the ball into an empty net?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Posted (edited)

No doubt it will be justified by the usual “he felt the touch, so had the right to go down…”, or other similar b*****ks, as so often espoused by ex-professional so-called ‘pundits’. Blatant cheating like this makes a mockery of the current game, the fact that VAR reinforces it only makes it worse.

Edited by Beetley Yellow

There's little doubt there is some contact which is why VAR won't override the on field decision but that's just awful to see. I don't understand why he wouldn't have wanted to tap it into an empty net

18 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

https://dubz.co/v/26qw4r

Hello VAR? Can you hear me? You could see that right? You could, you know, tell the referee he dived right? Right?

And on a different note why exactly did he dive for a penalty when all he had to do was to tap the ball into an empty net?

Speaking g to my scouse mate this morning he reckoned he isn’t that sharp with his left and had it been on his right leg then he would have done so.

He did of course say it was 100% penalty. 

It should be quite simple, if anyone falls over unnecessarily, for any reason, they should be booked.

We need retroactive action and bans for this stuff 

• Like 1

Keeper didn't make contact with the ball, did make contact with the player so whatever went on after that doesn't really matter in terms of the decision, it's a penalty kick. 

However Jota has made an absolute meal of it as most footballers do nowadays. Maybe give the referees the power to award a penalty and book the player for simulation, the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Now there is VAR the argument of having to make sure you go down dramatically to get the decision shouldn't be needed as incidents should always be looked at after the fact.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Yellow Wal said:

It should be quite simple, if anyone falls over unnecessarily, for any reason, they should be booked.

I’m all for making the person who wins the penalty take the penalty. If they are happy to cheat then step up and take the responsibility as well.

Edited by Ulfotto
  • Like 3

The merest of contact, but it is a contact sport.... I think it is the rule that needs looking at because it encourages this 'excentuating behaviour' i.e. the winning of a penalty.  The rule should be changed (if it isn't already) to something like 'the player fouled him' meaning either deliberately fouled him, or accidentally made contact with enough force as to stop the player getting the ball. 

Bit ambiguous I appreciate but next thing we'll have is 'I felt his breath on my boots'...

1 hour ago, Haus said:

We need retroactive action and bans for this stuff 

But VAR have called it as OK?  Not sure you can then subsequently ban him - unless you meant the officials

Posted (edited)

Its now a tiny contact sport.... no integrity left in the professional game.   That's blatant cheating and the game allows it.    A 'right to go down' is a 'right to cheat'.   

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Keeper didn't make contact with the ball, did make contact with the player so whatever went on after that doesn't really matter in terms of the decision, it's a penalty kick. 

However Jota has made an absolute meal of it as most footballers do nowadays. Maybe give the referees the power to award a penalty and book the player for simulation, the two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. Now there is VAR the argument of having to make sure you go down dramatically to get the decision shouldn't be needed as incidents should always be looked at after the fact.

Theres probably 5 / 6000 more significant contacts in the boxes of that one game.    It may be interpretation but that's not enough contact for a player to lose their balance and fall over.     To get to this level they have to have to be strong and have particularly good balance.     It is supposedly a contact sport!

It is blatant cheating.   VAR and the FA and UEFA and FIFA could address this quite easily.    No integrity, it ruins games for me, its like watching a show on TV until the point where the plot gets ridiculous and you turn off.    

The referees are the ones that allow it, primarily cos they've never played the game.  Just look at VAR's interventions to see they haven't got a clue.   

21 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Theres probably 5 / 6000 more significant contacts in the boxes of that one game.    It may be interpretation but that's not enough contact for a player to lose their balance and fall over.     To get to this level they have to have to be strong and have particularly good balance.     It is supposedly a contact sport!

It is blatant cheating.   VAR and the FA and UEFA and FIFA could address this quite easily.    No integrity, it ruins games for me, its like watching a show on TV until the point where the plot gets ridiculous and you turn off.    

The referees are the ones that allow it, primarily cos they've never played the game.  Just look at VAR's interventions to see they haven't got a clue.   

I don't disagree with any of that, but in the modern game if you miss the ball and touch the man (however minimal) it's a pen every time. It shouldn't be really, but it is. Dubravka was trying to get out of the way and clipped him with his elbow, and once he's done that he's screwed unfortunately. Players are almost hard wired to collapse into a heap in the area when touched.

Cheating by diving, going down holding their head as if they’ve been punched by Mike Tyson when there has been little or no contact should be punished by a RED card not yellow. All this stuff is ruining the game. 
Referees on the field and VAR have to have the balls with the full support of the footballing authorities to make these actions unacceptable.

I mute the cobblers that the ‘pundits’ like Shearer, Miserable Murphy, etc ramble on justifying a lot that is wrong with the game.

Watched it four times, cannot see the contact and the guy took two steps after any alleged contact before he lost the strength in his legs and fell to the floor. Next time somebody accidentally brushes into me in I am going to collapse like that and see if I can get some compensation........

Another “he felt the touch so had to go down”…., Bruno Fernandes for Man Utd at Wigan. Minimal contact, never enough to cause the theatrical collapse to the floor that ensued. Pathetic cheating yet now taken as ‘business as usual’ in the modern game. 

48 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

Another “he felt the touch so had to go down”…., Bruno Fernandes for Man Utd at Wigan. Minimal contact, never enough to cause the theatrical collapse to the floor that ensued. Pathetic cheating yet now taken as ‘business as usual’ in the modern game. 

He was touched on his toe, then held his ankle in what looked like agony, giving the ref the choice to book for diving or a penalty.

He took the easy option. A clear dive