cambridgeshire canary

Russell Martin throws some shade

he was here for some poor performances so he has a short memory.

you dropped points Russ. get over it and move on.

Southanpton definitely looked like they were rattled by our play, like they hadn’t prepared for it.

They weren’t ready for our David Wagner “Literally just throw s41t at the wall and see what sticks” method.

Just now, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Maybe he should concentrate on his own side....2 pts from 6 ..against us!

Considering it's Southampton, it's not bad. Our problem is we've come unstuck against lower teams, usually because we didn't give them enough respect and were too open, leaving us open to sucker punches.

It's the drum it actually stifles genuine crowd response.

It pains me that people actually think it's a pro active move to generate crowd involvement.

It's like canned laughter or a big sign saying "cheer now"

Glad that people seemed very not plused in joining in with the 3 songs the drummer boy knows.

Posted (edited)

Post match comments are always a bit rubbish to use - I seem to recall in the match earlier in the season Martin was a bit crap about us after the game…we’d had a perfectly good goal chalked off and they’d sneaked a draw via the softest of pens and he gave us little to no credit.  It is what it is - his focus is Saints and he will quite rightly see it from their perspective.  

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Post match comments are always a bit rubbish to use - I seem to recall in the match earlier in the season Martin was a bit crap about us after the game…we’d had a perfectly good goal chalked off and they’d sneaked a draw via the softest of pens and he gave us little to no credit.  It is what it is - his focus is Saints and he will quite rightly see it from their perspective.  

Of course they are, when they’re anti delia.

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Of course they are, when they’re anti delia.

????  Some people aren’t one track minded like yourself. You need to get out more. I really don’t care a crap who owns our club and never have.

Posted (edited)

There is a quote from Wagner saying we were only able to work on todays tactical setup for 6 minutes before the game

Edited by Virtual reality

I'm not the guys biggest fan in the world, but I don't know how anyone could listen to that interview and argue with it. He wasn't lying was he?

• Like 5

Russell has simply called it out honestly. His words remind me of the Sky pundit Lee Hendrie, if you've listened to the cliché he often uses..."it speaks volumes ". And that's the nub of it. The Norfolk public ARE stating their opinion. The silence is literally deafening. And don't forget the fans have been told that we ought not to complain - to be the 20%.

The atmosphere won't change until Wagner goes. Or until we entertain.

• Like 2

To be fair if he was surprised then the tactics worked, didn't it?

But yes our fans are terrible even when playing well at the moment. Booing us playing out from the back and sarcastically cheering Gunn hitting it long is the least intelligent thing that happens every home game.

• Like 4

Heard the interview on the way home from the match. Couldn't disagree with anything he said. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

To be fair if he was surprised then the tactics worked, didn't it?

But yes our fans are terrible even when playing well at the moment. Booing us  playing out from the back and sarcastically cheering Gunn hitting it long is the least intelligent thing that happens every home game.

We haven’t played well since September.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Russ is a 20 percenter 👊

Given he was Delia’s golden boy i wonder if she’s taking note. Or has written him off the Soiree list. 

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Branston will be along soon to tell you how ridiculous you’re being and that these are the good times 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Played well against Huddersfield a couple games ago but ok.

9 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Branston will be along soon to tell you how ridiculous you’re being and that these are the good times 

Like hell I will. The point is that I’m not negative to the point of utter tedium. Of course there’s plenty wrong but also plenty that isn’t - you just seem utterly blind to anything that doesn’t fit your negative mindset.

Ultimately, I prefer to support my team, you seem to only be happy whining about it. Let’s agree to disagree on our respective approaches, but as I’ve always said, I’m sure I know who has a happier approach and gets more out it.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Not too sure that we played really well, performance wise, then, just got good results. 

Posted (edited)
41 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

????  Some people aren’t one track minded like yourself. You need to get out more. I really don’t care a crap who owns our club and never have.

She won’t let me….. 🥲

Russ’s comments are fair, and reflective of our negative performance. But you toe the club line, and discredit & move away from the point being made.

Edited by Creedence Clearwater Couto

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Like hell I will. The point is that I’m not negative to the point of utter tedium. Of course there’s plenty wrong but also plenty that isn’t - you just seem utterly blind to anything that doesn’t fit your negative mindset.

Ultimately, I prefer to support my team, you seem to only be happy whining about it. Let’s agree to disagree on our respective approaches, but as I’ve always said, I’m sure I know who has a happier approach and gets more out it.

I’m only playing. Albeit I do think that for my excess negativity, as you see it, is matched by your excess defence of some of this stuff, as I see it. Perhaps we’re both blind in our own way. 
But to be clear - I think the core of this side could play far better attacking football with a better tactical manager. We could be doing better in the league. But we certainly need better defensive midfield options. And better depth from the bench. 
Wagner has mitigation. But then again he’s been here a while now and some of the gaps are glaring and I wonder how much role he has played or if it’s all Webber. 

I hope for improvements in Jan. I’d still like Wagner gone asap. But the results are saving him, so he’s safe for now. Even though he should be long gone on record. And certainly on performances. 

Edited by S_81

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

She won’t let me….. 🥲

Russ’s comments are fair, and reflective of our negative performance. But you toe the club line, and discredit & move away from the point being made.

That’d be your mum, I assume?

If you’d read what I said, I was talking mostly about his comments after the first game, where he had very little positive to say about us.  Comments are clearly mostly aimed at his home media.