Southampton were always going to have the majority of the possession. Seems a lot of people don't like it but we set up to reduce their ability to threaten and on balance of chances it wouldn't have been shocking if we'd won that.

If we'd played our normal system they would still have had 65%+ possession and I'd wager 2-3 more goals.

That’s your team now guys

11 behind the ball when the big boys show up

remember when we won this league?

17 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

1-1 is the only stat that matters 

Cool, one point from a possible nine. Clap clap! 

Another largely desperate performance. And yet another lucky result for Wagner. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Cool, one point from a possible nine. Clap clap! 

Are you seriously suggesting I'm a happy clapper?? You've really not paid much attention to my posts have you 🤣🤣

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

Are you seriously suggesting I'm a happy clapper?? You've really not paid much attention to my posts have you 🤣🤣

No, I’ve seen your posts. I actually thought you might appreciate it. Nevermind.

18 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Southampton were always going to have the majority of the possession. Seems a lot of people don't like it but we set up to reduce their ability to threaten and on balance of chances it wouldn't have been shocking if we'd won that.

If we'd played our normal system they would still have had 65%+ possession and I'd wager 2-3 more goals.

Wow..we now think Southampton are above us and we should be grateful of a draw... everything that is wrong with Delias NCFC

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_81 said:

Another largely desperate performance. And yet another lucky result for Wagner. 

It's bxllocks the sooner he goes the better. Is it too muchbto ask to be entertained?

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

It's bxllocks the sooner he goes the better. Is it too muchbto ask to be entertained?

We are where we are. If we'd have tried to play entertaining football today Southampton would have been licking their lips and probably torn us to shreds. Yes, it's a sh*te state of affairs that we've had to resort to this to grind out points at home to the best teams in the division, but I think Wagner deserves a bit of credit for his pragmatism today.

I think the best move would be a 'new manager bounce' right now and a more progressive style of football, but I trust Knapper's first appointment to be the right one – and as long as it happens before pre-season training starts, I'm prepared to give Knapper the time to get that appointment right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

We are where we are. If we'd have tried to play entertaining football today Southampton would have been licking their lips and probably torn us to shreds. Yes, it's a sh*te state of affairs that we've had to resort to this to grind out points at home to the best teams in the division, but I think Wagner deserves a bit of credit for his pragmatism today.

I think the best move would be a 'new manager bounce' right now and a more progressive style of football, but I trust Knapper's first appointment to be the right one – and as long as it happens before pre-season training starts, I'm prepared to give Knapper the time to get that appointment right.

I get that.. and on the face of it is sensible. But we have so many games before then and we can’t just write them off. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Wow..we now think Southampton are above us and we should be grateful of a draw... everything that is wrong with Delias NCFC

Southampton are literally above us?

And I'd love for you to show me where I said we should be grateful for a draw. In fact- cant be sure though- I'm reasonably sure I suggested we could and maybe should have won.

4 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

I get that.. and on the face of it is sensible. But we have so many games before then and we can’t just write them off. 

The devil's advocate point to that is what on earth would happen to this team if it somehow snuck its way up via the playoffs?

More nuanced and educated football generally takes more time to implement, as we saw with Webber/Farke. I'd hope that Knapper has one or two names he really fancies but they aren't available/don't want it at the moment, and he's hoping he can keep Wagner in post until one of them becomes available.

Either way, the longer Wagner remains in the job without hearing anything from Knapper, the weaker it makes him look. He's had a couple of months to get the lie of the land; it would be prudent to at least check in with the fanbase and let us know what his findings are.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

1-1 is the only stat that matters 

Quite - and ‘passes’ as a stat seems to be over-quoted, in isolation it means absolutely nothing.

38 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

That’s your team now guys

11 behind the ball when the big boys show up

remember when we won this league?

I remember winning this league a few times. I can also remember getting relegated from it, as well as numerous mid table finishes. My prediction of where we’ll finish this season is around 9th.

What would you rather Wagner did today? You constantly complain that Webber left us with a squad that can’t compete with those teams that came down last season, now you criticise the manager for agreeing with you and setting the team up in defensive manner accordingly. Would you rather we played 3 up front and lost 5-0 just so you could continue your miserable tirade against everything about the club?

1 minute ago, Fen Canary said:

I remember winning this league a few times. I can also remember getting relegated from it, as well as numerous mid table finishes. My prediction of where we’ll finish this season is around 9th.

What would you rather Wagner did today? You constantly complain that Webber left us with a squad that can’t compete with those teams that came down last season, now you criticise the manager for agreeing with you and setting the team up in defensive manner accordingly. Would you rather we played 3 up front and lost 5-0 just so you could continue your miserable tirade against everything about the club?

80%er detected.

“ACCEPT! OBEY! WAIT! QUIET!”

I’d want a football team that’s competitive at this level, that’s what I want.

Imagine accepting that. If you wait it’ll just get worse.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

80%er detected.

“ACCEPT! OBEY! WAIT! QUIET!”

I’d want a football team that’s competitive at this level, that’s what I want.

Imagine accepting that. If you wait it’ll just get worse.

You want a team that’s competitive, as we all do. However the transfer window has been open for a matter of hours, so Wagner was stuck with same players we’ve had for months that are simply not as good as a majority of those in a Southampton squad that had numerous years of continuous top flight television money to build. Therefore I’ll ask again, are you criticising Wagner for adapting to the situation we’re currently in and playing more defensively against one of the best and most in form teams in the division? Would you rather we’d lost that game?

Posted (edited)

I actually thought we had the better chances overall today, and that had we been capable of making more basic passes would have fashioned even more.

No doubt we deliberately surrendered possession to Southampton (and whether that's ever a good approach at home is a valid argument), but I don't really remember that many nailed on chances for them. Even their goal came from arguably two mistakes from Kenny and Hanley.

Edited by Ian
Typo

Just now, Fen Canary said:

You want a team that’s competitive, as we all do. However the transfer window has been open for a matter of hours, so Wagner was stuck with same players we’ve had for months that are simply not as good as a majority of those in a Southampton squad that had numerous years of continuous top flight television money to build. Therefore I’ll ask again, are you criticising Wagner for adapting to the situation we’re currently in and playing more defensively against one of the best and most in form teams in the division? Would you rather we’d lost that game?

Don't make the mistake of thinking Buh is here for a dialogue or discussion. They're just here to shout the nominated catchphrase of the moment (80%er seems to be in vogue now) in response to any reply until a new negative comes along to show to everyone like an excited pup with a leaf.

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

No, not having it. When we went for it after going behind, the stats were much more even and we looked like winning it. Indeed we did win that final period of the match.

I say it now, if we had set up like that from the start we might have won it, we might have lost it. But at the end of the day one ****ing point gained with such a shockingly negative performance at home is one I NEVER, EVER want to see a Norwich team produce again.

Wagner must go!

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

I actually thought we had the better chances overall today, and that had we been capable of making more basic passes would have fashioned even more.

No doubt we deliberately surrendered possession to Southampton (and whether that's ever a good approach at home is a valid argument), but I don't really remember that many nailed on chances for them. Even their goal came from arguably two mistakes from Kenny and Hanley.

They did hit the woodwork in the first half and a few clear headers and shots on goal, on another day they could of been 2-3 ahead at halftime 

14 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

I’ve said already I’m mad that we HAD to play like that. I’m also not thrilled, but also not surprised, that there’s a whole load of people that just revel in the lowering standards and just accept any slop that comes out.

A very disheartening experience this afternoon. Soon we’ll be Charlton and they’ll still sing the clubs praises.

16 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Don't make the mistake of thinking Buh is here for a dialogue or discussion. They're just here to shout the nominated catchphrase of the moment (80%er seems to be in vogue now) in response to any reply until a new negative comes along to show to everyone like an excited pup with a leaf.

Someone’s sensitive about being labelled an 80%er….

When Sargent and Idah pressed high late on Southampton looked all at sea, we could of got a win if we had deployed a high press for larger amounts of the second half

• Like 1