Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

The club should look at the away following yesterday

And in other recent away games and realise the harm their inertia has done to our club already. And will continue to do if they don’t actually do something soon.

David Wagner is a dinosaur. His style of football won’t work and the fans are already voting with their feet. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

And in other recent away games and realise the harm their inertia has done to our club already. And will continue to do if they don’t actually do something soon.

David Wagner is a dinosaur. His style of football won’t work and the fans are already voting with their feet. 

Nothing to do with the time of year then. All that’s happened is the 20% are staying at home to eat Quality Street.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Nothing to do with the time of year then. All that’s happened is the 20% are staying at home to eat Quality Street.

Our numbers all season havent been as good as previous seasons. Yesterday felt invredibly low given how we usually travel on Boxing Day.

The only highlight was a visit to The Vine!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, CUSDP said:

Our numbers all season havent been as good as previous seasons. Yesterday felt invredibly low given how we usually travel on Boxing Day.

The only highlight was a visit to The Vine!

The Vine! Does it still take 20 minutes to get served and enjoy your drinks outside? 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The Vine! Does it still take 20 minutes to get served and enjoy your drinks outside? 

No was OK tbf, got there in good time and had a prime table thanks to @Kathy

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

No, nothing to do with the time of yr ar all. 

In previous seasons over the last 20 years Norwich are selling out an allocation at West Brom.

• Like 1

Just now, CUSDP said:

That’s the secret I guess, I prefer stopping in Birmingham and getting a later train to the Hawthorns. Are there any other pubs near by to the ground? 

To be fair , prior to ipswich 4 of our 6 away games were sunderland cardiff bristol city and swansea, 4 of our furthest trips this season at a time where were in a poor run.

The other 2, Coventry and Watford were well supported enough

The fixture computer will try to give away teams a 'local' game on boxing day. When West Brom is considered local to us  , it shows the distances involved

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CUSDP said:

So what do you reckon I got on Tripadvisor? How did I compare to your normal mode of transport?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kathy said:

So what do you reckon I got on Tripadvisor? How did I compare to your normal mode of transport?

Your hot sausage rolls and not charging him petrol money will skew his opinion.

• Haha 1

If I am a season ticket holder living in Norwich, its not a huge effort to attend.

If I live in King's Lynn maybe I may think twice when we are in poor form.

If I live in Bristol I would normally go to Cardiff,  Swansea, Plymouth and the Midlands.

Not this season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

In previous seasons over the last 20 years Norwich are selling out an allocation at West Brom.

It is a traditionally very well supported away fixture whenever it is played during the season. Always around the 2,000 mark.

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It is a traditionally very well supported away fixture whenever it is played during the season. Always around the 2,000 mark.

I would have gone but I didn’t even ask for a pass out on Boxing Day!

Norwich supporters travel many miles in a typical season. The fixture list this season is much less attractive than when the Away Membership scheme was introduced. What efforts has the Club made to attract loyal support in the face of challenging economic circumstances?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Norwich supporters travel many miles in a typical season. The fixture list this season is much less attractive than when the Away Membership scheme was introduced. What efforts has the Club made to attract loyal support in the face of challenging economic circumstances?

For Gods sake can you just give your tiresome stick wielding a break ?

• Like 3

The only attendance which unfortunately will make them sit up or draw attention to our club hierarchy is the one at Carrow Road.....I do on occasion grin when they announce the 'official attendance' like it's 26,431 or similar....and yet there's a plethora of empty plastic pews visible all around the four stands inside the ground?....

Yeah I know yadda yadda that they still count ST holders even if they aren't present....or hey, maybe that they actually are....but they're utilising Romulan Cloaking devices?....

Anyway I'm sure the club will be as per usual, inundated with hordes of regulars renewing before the expiry of the first deadline in Feb for ST renewal....and that's even if they do raise the price of them.....FACT!....

"Never mind the quality....Feel the width".....

5 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

The only attendance which unfortunately will make them sit up or draw attention to our club hierarchy is the one at Carrow Road.....I do on occasion grin when they announce the 'official attendance' like it's 26,431 or similar....and yet there's a plethora of empty plastic pews visible all around the four stands inside the ground?....

Yeah I know yadda yadda that they still count ST holders even if they aren't present....or hey, maybe that they actually are....but they're utilising Romulan Cloaking devices?....

Anyway I'm sure the club will be as per usual, inundated with hordes of regulars renewing before the expiry of the first deadline in Feb for ST renewal....and that's even if they do raise the price of them.....FACT!....

"Never mind the quality....Feel the width".....

The issue at Carrow Road is that many supporters doubtless sharing their season tickets. In a sense this is generous since many other clubs don't permit it. What it doesnt address though is that those who benefit from the sharing can sit in a prime seat without having made any financial commitment to the Club. Why not require those people to buy their Club Memberships and season ticket holders to use the family and friends facility to transfer their season tickets accordingly? The increased memberships may avoid the need for any season ticket increase alongside bringing other spin offs to the Club for marketing and security purposes. Correspondingly Home Membership with limited practical attendance options is a key reason for the empty seats.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The issue at Carrow Road is that many supporters doubtless sharing their season tickets. In a sense this is generous since many other clubs don't permit it. What it doesnt address though is that those who benefit from the sharing can sit in a prime seat without having made any financial commitment to the Club. Why not require those people to buy their Club Memberships and season ticket holders to use the family and friends facility to transfer their season tickets accordingly? The increased memberships may avoid the need for any season ticket increase alongside bringing other spin offs to the Club for marketing and security purposes. Correspondingly Home Membership with limited practical attendance options is a key reason for the empty seats.

Seriously? 

You surely see how that'd never work. 

You moan about the away membership and then float a ridiculous idea about the club charging extra for someone to use a ticket that's already been paid for.

Give your head a wobble, and put the keyboard away. 

It was the lowest in the championship yesterday. There’s just resignation in the away crowd and most are simply waiting for Wagner’s removal. But our away following has been in decline since Lambert - many never recovered from the Hughton era. It will take a Lambertesc revitalisation of the fanbase to close the disconnect with the football club. 

15 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Seriously? 

You surely see how that'd never work. 

You moan about the away membership and then float a ridiculous idea about the club charging extra for someone to use a ticket that's already been paid for.

Give your head a wobble, and put the keyboard away. 

Many Clubs state that Season Tickets can only be used by the named individual on the Card. Not unreasonable though a little restrictive. The Daggers Flex Ticket scheme looks interesting. Maybe some of our season ticket holders would prefer that kind of arrangement that would then free up tickets for others.

Our away supporters are fantastic. They deserve all the plaudits. 

If there weren’t as many as usual that must reflect the league position and the feelings towards the club. If we were top 4 would have taken the full allocation irrespective of it being Boxing Day. 

We haven’t beaten any of the top 6. Thats why the numbers are falling . 

We surrendered after Sainz was sent off . We came away with nothing. That isn’t going to help. 

I rarely miss a game at the Hawthorn’s but didn’t go this season due to lack of trains, this was main reason my WBA mate (who is a lifelong baggie and season ticket holder) also didn’t go. Millwall is a home game for me, born nearby and I live in London, and enjoy seeing South London friends after. 
I won’t be at Carra for Saints, although I was at St Mary’s, another personal trip for me. My ticket for Saints is being used to assist some Americans who are City fans.

So that a slice of my reasoning, although I won’t pretend that it hasn’t been something of a relief to avoid a few games. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Many Clubs state that Season Tickets can only be used by the named individual on the Card. Not unreasonable though a little restrictive. The Daggers Flex Ticket scheme looks interesting. Maybe some of our season ticket holders would prefer that kind of arrangement that would then free up tickets for others.

And how it that enforced? 

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

And how it that enforced? 

How about a cheaper ST renewal option of Saturdays only or non-Saturdays only?

3 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

To be fair , prior to ipswich 4 of our 6 away games were sunderland cardiff bristol city and swansea, 4 of our furthest trips this season at a time where were in a poor run.

The other 2, Coventry and Watford were well supported enough

The fixture computer will try to give away teams a 'local' game on boxing day. When West Brom is considered local to us  , it shows the distances involved

Watford was not sold out for the first time in about a decade