Sign in to follow this  
Hank shoots Skyler

Ben Gibson

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

Very audible boos/groans when he came on. However, I suspect it's in part down to a fear in Wagner's approach than a vitriolic reaction to Gibson.

I certainly didn't boo and didn't like hearing it, but I admit to being terrified at the possibility Wagner made this sub with an eye on moving McLean back to CM to make space for Gibson.

That prospect deserves booing, as we've seen where that leads; bottom half of the table.

He won't do it, surely?

Be honest Dan, you had a good old boo today and are now desperately trying to backtrack.

IMO the reaction had nothing to do with "Wagner's approach" (whatever that means given our current form), but has absolutely everything to do with the absolute manchildren that make up a proportion of our entitled support.

Previously slated Idah but now need a new target to hate given that Adam has begun to show why he is so valued at the club. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Ian said:

Be honest Dan, you had a good old boo today and are now desperately trying to backtrack.

Not entirely sure what part of "I certainly didn't boo and didn't like hearing it" you failed to grasp. Maybe the bits that weren't in crayon?

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Not entirely sure what part of "I certainly didn't boo and didn't like hearing it" you failed to grasp. Maybe the bits that weren't in crayon?

Trademark Pinkun honesty. 

5 hours ago, hogesar said:

I cant help but feel there's still a good % of fans who wanted their blood so badly they just cant let it go.They wanted Wagner sacked and they half don't want him to succeed because then they'd look as stupid as...they actually are.

The same ones that desperately wanted Farke out and then complained when his replacement didn't outperform our best performing manager for 30+ years, that they demanded was replaced? Stupid is, as stupid does.

• Like 6

Got four middle aged pissed up tossers behind  me who are anti Gibson and anti Refs,  anti linesman

Only people right are them

7 hours ago, daly said:

Got four middle aged pissed up tossers behind  me who are anti Gibson and anti Refs,  anti linesman

Only people right are them

You must sit near me Daly! Upper Barclay towards the snakepit. Only time they stop is when they’re late back at half time getting another pint in!

14 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

You must sit near me Daly! Upper Barclay towards the snakepit. Only time they stop is when they’re late back at half time getting another pint in!

It's the same all around the ground.

In the least surprising news of the year, there are a lot of moaners and negative Nigels sitting near me in the River End! 🤫

• Haha 1

Yeah clear groan from the crowd, can't remember who came off for him maybe it was more of a "why change things up?" Than aimed at Gibson 

Although the stupid drum was back, I thought Leeds had seen them off?

The same song repeat is really boring and it's tinpot 

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeah clear groan from the crowd, can't remember who came off for him maybe it was more of a "why change things up?" Than aimed at Gibson 

I'm pleased the drum was back, i'd rather that than the 20-30 minutes of absolute silence from sh*t support. If it takes a drum then so be it.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm pleased the drum was back, i'd rather that than the 20-30 minutes of absolute silence from sh*t support. If it takes a drum then so be it.

The thing is very few join in with their idiot' digging up the road' noise . Crowd noise should be, and is, spontaneous. Not orchestrated like it was some North Korean funeral. There is not much difference to this, at 2 mins

Edited by RobJames
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Amen

31 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

I get the notion of "why change it up" and wanting a winning team to kept going for it

I dont get booing a player of our own who has just spent months put with a broken foot.

That is tinpot 

Our fans behaviour appears to be deteriorating at quite a pace.

Is it a lack if youthful vigor?

The descriptions on this thread suggest a plethora of entitled middle aged miserablists..

Booing Gibson is just very poor form, unbefitting of a real supporter.

Time to let a younger local fan base into the ground.

Let others have a go at supporting Norwich City.

🙂

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Our fans behaviour appears to be deteriorating at quite a pace.

Is it a lack if youthful vigor?

The descriptions on this thread suggest a plethora of entitled middle aged miserablists..

Booing Gibson is just very poor form, unbefitting of a real supporter.

Time to let a younger local fan base into the ground.

Let others have a go at supporting Norwich City.

🙂

eh !!!

It was the younger ones booing Gibson, just as they are vocal in their attacks on Webber and Wagner. Many have only known the success since 2009 and have an expectation that we a natural PL club. Hence the disquiet now reality ha set in.

• Haha 1

Just now, RobJames said:

eh !!!

It was the younger ones booing Gibson, just as they are vocal in their attacks on Webber and Wagner. Many have only known the success since 2009 and have an expectation that we a natural PL club. Hence the disquiet now reality ha set in.

Ha! Of course it was...

I have a bite.🙂

19 minutes ago, RobJames said:

The thing is very few join in with their idiot' digging up the road' noise . Crowd noise should be, and is, spontaneous. Not orchestrated like it was some North Korean funeral. There is not much difference to this, at 2 mins

I'd agree if our fans were capable of any spontaneous, contiuous support of our players. But they aren't and the atmosphere is better with the drum. The players have said they prefer the support that comes from the drum, the manager has, even Delia has!

I never boo any of our own players but must confess to controllingly shouting "Oooooh F**k" at the sight of Gibson.

So I think the collective groan was not on purpose but a shock from the fans at the sight of Gibson. These last couple of months we have made steady progress with Kenny performing well in his role at CB. Kenny is carrying the ball and creating chances - something Gibson promised. The reaction from the crowd shows the confidence they have in Gibson. I have said all along I was upset when we signed him. I doubt any Norwich fan would ever want to see us lose, so those posters suggesting this should cutout the rubbish ! My opinion - the inclusion of Gibson in the team would see us slide back down the table. 

There are tons of decent CBs looking for work - we need to get rid of Gibson pronto ! I don't mean sell him - cos other clubs are pretty shrewd - there won't be another sucker out there  - just fling him ! 

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

It's not support it's noise done badly.

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

This

2 hours ago, RobJames said:

LETS GO SEATTLE!!! 

FIGHT!!!!

AND WIN!!!!!!