RobJames

Tonights games

Bristol City v Hull - Swansea v Preston

Probably too early to pick who could benefit us, but a draw in the first and a defeat for Preston would look to be the best for us.

Assuming we win tomorrow, it would put us on 1.47 points per game so far, leaving us needing 1.78 from the next 23 game*. Equating to a season total of 82 points, were that to be our season average.

Before the usual comments, the assumption (a win) is for mathematical purpose. We are in good form but I recognise there's 'many a slip between cup and lip' (as some chap once said).

* Assuming 75 points to make the play-offs

27 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hull will be 8 pts ahead of us if they win this, even if its only halfway through the season, thats an unhealthy gap

Hull losing 3-2

What everyone else is doing is fine, and we should aim to be competitive obviously

but for me there’s only one mission objective now for this season

Beat Ipswich at Carrow Road, by hook, crook, whatever it takes.

The clock is ticking 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Hull will be 8 pts ahead of us if they win this, even if its only halfway through the season, thats an unhealthy gap

And once again another post proving why you don't talk about the scorelines of matches until the full time whistle

Which then means..... Along came Norwich, helping Moore keep his job tomorrow?! 😂 

25 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

What everyone else is doing is fine, and we should aim to be competitive obviously

but for me there’s only one mission objective now for this season

Beat Ipswich at Carrow Road, by hook, crook, whatever it takes.

The clock is ticking 

15 years 15 years Norwich city!! 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

15 years 15 years Norwich city!! 

I don’t care where they are in the table, I don’t care where we are in the table.

Now we’ve got a result at their place it should be every person at the club totally focussed on getting a win at Carrow road 

Thats the season right there, anything else just happens.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And once again another post proving why you don't talk about the scorelines of matches until the full time whistle

Why?

So nobody can talk about in game matches and must wait until the end?

Threads like this one would be redundant

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Personally I love threads while matches are still live. We all say stupid things in the heat of the moment and then have to sneak away and hope no one notices. It should teach us all a lesson but it never does.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

I don’t care where they are in the table, I don’t care where we are in the table.

Now we’ve got a result at their place it should be every person at the club totally focussed on getting a win at Carrow road 

Thats the season right there, anything else just happens.

Really, the sole purpose of city's season is to beat us twice, you'd shoulder a 4th from bottom finish and have numerous 6-2 results to achieve that??? Odd 

12 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Really, the sole purpose of city's season is to beat us twice, you'd shoulder a 4th from bottom finish and have numerous 6-2 results to achieve that??? Odd 

Everything else flows from the win against Ipswich 

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

First time I've seen Sheffield United this season. Persistent fouling doesn't begin to describe it. 

Spots, leopards, Wilder. 

Found it a really compelling match though, but some of it went beyond panto villain territory into injury damage and although he needed eyes in his backside for the sneaky stuff maybe the ref could've had more help from his linesmen.  

Can't remember who, but one of our Midlands-based members recently said some Villa supporters pointed out that, much as they love  him, their hot form has coincided with Emi’s absence. That prompted a mad thought about swapping Jonny for Emi in the summer (I know, wages, he wouldn’t step back down, cash adjustment needed etc. etc.), but last night killed that idea anyway, the well-oiled machine cried out for an Emi spark to break down the bus park. That said, he could just as well have been provoked into a red card 😀

34 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Can't remember who, but one of our Midlands-based members recently said some Villa supporters pointed out that, much as they love  him, their hot form has coincided with Emi’s absence. That prompted a mad thought about swapping Jonny for Emi in the summer (I know, wages, he wouldn’t step back down, cash adjustment needed etc. etc.), but last night killed that idea anyway, the well-oiled machine cried out for an Emi spark to break down the bus park. That said, he could just as well have been provoked into a red card 😀

The Villa fan I know thinks they'd be 5 points clear if Emi was available and moans like mad about Bailey. Emery called Emi the team's "heartbeat" at the end of last season. 

He also says Tielemans has made a big difference and says they look better at the back without Mings. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 23/12/2023 at 09:19, dylanisabaddog said:

The Villa fan I know thinks they'd be 5 points clear if Emi was available and moans like mad about Bailey. Emery called Emi the team's "heartbeat" at the end of last season. 

He also says Tielemans has made a big difference and says they look better at the back without Mings. 

Emery bought Pau Torres this summer, both knew each other from Villareal, and his made their defence so much better.

Incidentally, Springett's on the bench for Northampton tonight alongside a player who didn't make it for us, namely William Hondermarck.