BroadstairsR

re: Final warning.

20 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

And this all went right over my head.
Whosdonewhatnow?

A Scottish guy from Manchester said some unsavoury things about a Norfolk cancer patient because everyone dislikes his friend Billy. Some actual Norwich supporters decided this was a step too far and called him out, but he denies it because he’s an angel who never done nuffink honest. Then Connor said if we don’t all behave he’ll take his ball back and we all have to go home.

Thats basically the gist of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

This forum should have been closed down an age ago.

It doesn't exist to offer reasoned discussion. It's just a massive game of one upsmanship played out in purile fashion. Hence why I have stopped coming here.

Get rid. It's a stain on the name of our club.

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

Just checked the likers and thankers. There's a couple on there who call me names...

This is the Pink Un forum mate. Everyone calls everyone names.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

A Scottish guy from Manchester said some unsavoury things about a Norfolk cancer patient because everyone dislikes his friend Billy. Some actual Norwich supporters decided this was a step too far and called him out, but he denies it because he’s an angel who never done nuffink honest. Then Connor said if we don’t all behave he’ll take his ball back and we all have to go home.

Thats basically the gist of it.

Ok... that makes as much sense as Ipswich fans claiming we celebrated a draw.

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This is the Pink Un forum mate. Everyone calls everyone names.

Really?

Never noticed...

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Digressing slightly, was it really only 2003 that the forum started? That's where the first post seems to be. It was its 20th anniversary in August if so.

Simple then, ban everyone who signed up after 2013 😄

That gives a 10 year life cycle and lets us old gits crack on.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

I’ve just consulted Morty and he says that if this board gets closed down he’ll meet any of you for a f***ing pint, whenever you like. 

Rent free.......

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Rent free.......

I have no idea what this means.

Obviously, I haven’t actually spoken to Morty. He’s somewhere between Australia and Indonesia currently. Rest assured, I’m sure he’d happily buy you a pint though. He’s that kinda guy. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

This forum should have been closed down an age ago.

It doesn't exist to offer reasoned discussion. It's just a massive game of one upsmanship played out in purile fashion. Hence why I have stopped coming here.

Get rid. It's a stain on the name of our club.

If the forum gets shutdown, the Pinkun website will follow shortly afterwards. The forum drives a lot of traffic to the site and without one the other will surely die. Connor may just be writing his own redundancy letter.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I was unaware of all that.

However, your threat of re-visiting the 'new forum you were building' was unneeded and also divisive.

The PinkUn is my stalwart and always will be.

I will be interested in noting the support you get if you continue with your threat to create a rival.

Good luck indeed.

That's not really fair. The only reason that Hoggy and others (including me) considered a new site was that this one stopped working on a regular basis. It wasn't done to challenge or rival this forum, it was simply in case the Pinkun disappeared. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

If the forum gets shutdown, the Pinkun website will follow shortly afterwards. The forum drives a lot of traffic to the site and without one the other will surely die. Connor may just be writing his own redundancy letter.

Absolute nonsense.

I know Archant hasn't said it wanted to get rid of the forum, but with the combination of the long drought of site maintenance (that seems to have been corrected) and the reference to just scrapping it in the announcement, if Archant is questioning whether it wants to continue the providing the resources for the forum and administrating it, wouldn't a conversation between Archant and the Canaries Trust about a migration make sense?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

The internet - a place where people behave like they never would in public life. Its just another example of the human race sliding into decline and ulitmately oblivion.

1 minute ago, duke63 said:

The internet - a place where people behave like they never would in public life. Its just another example of the human race sliding into decline and ulitmately oblivion.

There’s plenty of people who behave like they do in public life, just in the flesh you obviously know who they are.

Internet anonymity is like alcohol, it just accentuates who people really are.

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

There’s plenty of people who behave like they do in public life, just in the flesh you obviously know who they are.

Internet anonymity is like alcohol, it just accentuates who people really are.

I’ll drink to that. 

This is all rather silly. I visit this site daily and missed the fuss. 

First I knew about the petty incident was, having read the hectoring op from a journalist, I looked for a reason for it. Still haven't found it beyond banning the Northern poster.

Ah well. On with my day.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Just checked the likers and thankers. There's a couple on there who call me names...

Just give us the names and those who participate in the Israel threads will message them telling them why they shouldn't. That'll put a stop to it. 

10 hours ago, cornish sam said:

I for one have no problem with non-ncfc fans coming on here and offering their opinions, as they are just that, and sometimes it can be useful to get that external perspective. Some of the attitudes towards them is a disappointing and somewhat embarrassing reflection of some of our fanbase. We should be open to other people joining in the conversation and not try to drive them away just because they aren't one of us no matter what their misguided opinions of billy gilmour are...

An honourable way of looking at it but for all the trouble and strife that follows is it worth it ?

So many times an opposition fan will rock up on a rivals forum with the, “ ( insert name ) fan here in peace “. The first few exchanges are usually cordial and interesting then it inevitably descends into a yah-boo name calling session. It’s because of this it annoys me that this board plays open house to all and sundry.  Sure as night follows day the s*it soon hits the fan and the banning notices start flying.

Yes, there are some level headed fans of other clubs who post here, even one or two from Ipswich, but once the goading starts the thread is lost.

It’s probably better if fans of other clubs be discouraged from posting here. It’s not a good stance to take but if helps avoid the closure of this board it must be worth it.

10 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

Looking at the forums for other clubs I have never got the impression this one is markedly worse in terms of behaviour. Which is not to say there are not posts that are deliberately abusive. There are indeed plenty of them.

There is a possible cautionary tale from the fate of the club’s own messageboard, which had a clique of half a dozen or so posters who tended to shout down opposing views, especially if they were pro-Delia.

Joe Ferrari, who was the club’s Press officer at the time,  publicly warned these posters they were in danger of getting the messageboard closed. The subtext of what he was trying to tell them was that McNally, who had taken over, was looking for an excuse to swing the axe.

But they were too stupid to get the message, kept on with the abuse not just of other posters but of the club itself, and that was the end of the messageboard. I don’t known whether the EDP management is looking for a reason to act similarly, but best not to give it any helping hand.

I should say there were at least two public warnings from Joe Ferrari before the board was zapped. As to here, the focus seems to be on one poster/post and the row that then prompted. But frankly there are some long-running feuds on this site that if not provoking an equal level of anger and abuse are certainly tedious beyond belief for the non-participants.

As to what the moderators might do, a suggestion would be that rather than simply closing the site they first issue one or two life-time bans to see if that finally gets the message across.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I was unaware of all that.

However, your threat of re-visiting the 'new forum you were building' was unneeded and also divisive.

The PinkUn is my stalwart and always will be.

I will be interested in noting the support you get if you continue with your threat to create a rival.

Good luck indeed.

Not a rival. An option for if this forum get's completely ignored by NewsQuest as it was months ago when nobody could post without error messages and refreshing 30 times.

Upon rumours of a new forum, perhaps coincidentally, they finally fixed most of those problems. So even just the idea of a new forum may have been enough to have a positive influence.

But me and those involved who helped me test etc were not doing it to rival the PinkUn which is why it's not being used now and hasn't been for months. But it should be reassuring to people that there is an option to continue the community if NewsQuest, as it appears, are looking for an opportunity to shut it down. Clearly it's not worth the hassle to them in their eyes, and I'm sure they see the PinkUn + subscription as the revenue generator rather than this traffic nowadays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2