Robert Ketts Yellow Army

The Times describes Delia as “condescending” towards fans

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Poor Stuart was already reporting to Attanasio.

You're even too late for a pound of Delia's flesh...

Nothing to do with that , she was upset the fans drove Stuart out. He would of been sacked anywhere else.

Just now, Sufyellow said:

So many games the vocal fans want to back them,  but there's been nothing to get behind and worse nothing to believe in. The 3 stands who do absolutely nothing are more the problem..

We can still back them when they’re sh01te. We’ve done it before. Attitudes have definitely changed in the Sky era but when I was going in the 80s as a kid, I don’t ever remember feeling that I was “owed” something, be that a level of performance or entertainment, you’d go more hoping for the best I think.

But I’ve been fortunate. I’ve seen us win at both Wembley Stadiums, seen us win Division 2 four (?) times, division 3, make 2 FA cup semis, finish top 6 a few times… a few years before I was born we’d never even played in the top flight in our 70 year existence.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Nothing to do with that , she was upset the fans drove Stuart out. He would of been sacked anywhere else.

That's got nothing to do with this 20% whingers. It's just a deflection. Wake up. The players are playing at Carrow Road despite the supporters not with the supporters. Have a look at Ashley Barnes goal celebration. Delia was right about the negativity affecting the players. It's not what we want and pretending it's about Webber won't change anything. Anyway, you've missed the boat there too because he's gone as well.

13 minutes ago, CirclePoint said:

Delia was 100% correct in her saying that 20% of the fans are winghers and there was no condescension involved. I know this because you can visit any restaurant, work place, pub, online forum, and probably many homes and find that 20% of the people (at least) in that space are whinging about something. Nothing new in that stat.

And, honestly, if those of you who are upset by her comment don’t like her, or her opinions anyway, then why waist your time whinging about her? If your response is, “she’s an old, out of touch lady who doesn’t understand that the fans are the lifeblood of the club and she ruining it” style of whinging, then it’s time to wake up. She can say what she wants because she OWNS the club. And you, as a fan, can take your hard earned pounds somewhere else. Simples.

But to hear so many people whinging about Delia whinging about a portion of the fans whinging…….hilarious!

And before someone more clever than I makes the statement that I’m whinging about people whinging about Delia whinging about fans whinging…..you could be right… 🤪

Anyway, move on. We have a playoff position to fight for.

If only Norwich fans were actually like that , we wouldn't be on here , there wouldn't be a club . Webber said that once , we support our club because it's in our blood , we certainly didn't pick our club through choice.  Your way is to accept everything and keep quiet,  Delia and Michael would never have been the owners in the first place if that was the case. Delia and the board aren't beyond criticism. I would rather see a plan and some identity before worrying about play offs . 

7 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's got nothing to do with this 20% whingers. It's just a deflection. Wake up. The players are playing at Carrow Road despite the supporters not with the supporters. Have a look at Ashley Barnes goal celebration. Delia was right about the negativity affecting the players. It's not what we want and pretending it's about Webber won't change anything. Anyway, you've missed the boat there too because he's gone as well.

Yep so a shame she didn't move on and drop it in her interview.  I have said I was disappointed with the atmosphere at the Sheffield game,  I thought we played OK. I will say it again while there is no plan and no vision coming from the leadership of the club nothing will change. What's the future to buy into , a group of average players , alot at the end of their careers. If we managed the playoffs and got promoted we would have to replace most of the team to compete that's if we don't sell the best players. Or we don't go up and sell the best players . Sell it to me nutty , give me something to be positive about in the future. Also the 80 percent are letting the players down,  they don't care . 

23 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

We can still back them when they’re sh01te. We’ve done it before. Attitudes have definitely changed in the Sky era but when I was going in the 80s as a kid, I don’t ever remember feeling that I was “owed” something, be that a level of performance or entertainment, you’d go more hoping for the best I think.

But I’ve been fortunate. I’ve seen us win at both Wembley Stadiums, seen us win Division 2 four (?) times, division 3, make 2 FA cup semis, finish top 6 a few times… a few years before I was born we’d never even played in the top flight in our 70 year existence.  

That's the  80% fault, they do nothing except leave with 10 minutes to go  there's no passion. I was there in the 80s to . Clubs then were successful because they had huge support  we could compete  money ruined it for clubs like us. You could also meet up with your friends in a group and enjoy the day. Unfortunately our ageing fanbase and seating that has destroyed it as well. Its certainly not 20% of fans getting on the players backs during the game,  it's the majority talking to their  friends about their week instead of supporting the team.  

44 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

If only Norwich fans were actually like that , we wouldn't be on here , there wouldn't be a club . Webber said that once , we support our club because it's in our blood , we certainly didn't pick our club through choice.  Your way is to accept everything and keep quiet,  Delia and Michael would never have been the owners in the first place if that was the case. Delia and the board aren't beyond criticism. I would rather see a plan and some identity before worrying about play offs . 

Not quite. My ‘plan’ would call for constructive criticism. Not whinging.

15 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

That's the  80% fault, they do nothing except leave with 10 minutes to go  there's no passion. I was there in the 80s to . Clubs then were successful because they had huge support  we could compete  money ruined it for clubs like us. You could also meet up with your friends in a group and enjoy the day. Unfortunately our ageing fanbase and seating that has destroyed it as well. Its certainly not 20% of fans getting on the players backs during the game,  it's the majority talking to their  friends about their week instead of supporting the team.  

You’re right about the money. But you seem determined to make a massive thing about the percentage thing. It was a throwaway comment, possibly/probably ill-judged but whatever percentage it is and who it is, the only way we, as supporters, can have any impact on a game is from the stands. Why do the oppositions job for them? None of us are rich enough to start buying clubs or elite players, the only possible (admittedly limited) chance we have to level things up is get onto the opposition, pressure the officials and when that doesn’t work, we can still moan in the pub about wasting money on Coney or Sheron or Naismith or RVW or Rashica or whatever. Just save it for the pub. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Yep so a shame she didn't move on and drop it in her interview.  I have said I was disappointed with the atmosphere at the Sheffield game,  I thought we played OK. I will say it again while there is no plan and no vision coming from the leadership of the club nothing will change. What's the future to buy into , a group of average players , alot at the end of their careers. If we managed the playoffs and got promoted we would have to replace most of the team to compete that's if we don't sell the best players. Or we don't go up and sell the best players . Sell it to me nutty , give me something to be positive about in the future. Also the 80 percent are letting the players down,  they don't care . 

I can't sell it to you because I don't know. But I do care. And what I don't get is why you don't care. Why you concentrate on this Delia narrative when the ownership has already changed and the strategy moving forwards seems to be led by Attanasio.

I get folk think he's minted so it must be good. They like the colour of his money. They like the smooth chat. But what's the plan? Nobody asks. I'm amazed that the local press aren't busting a gut to find out. I guess there's more clicks in this Delia nonsense or whether Dean Smith would last longer than a mushroom.

I still ask myself what would attract me to investing in a baseball club in Milwaukee. Can't think of anything. Could you sell that to me?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You’re right about the money. But you seem determined to make a massive thing about the percentage thing. It was a throwaway comment, possibly/probably ill-judged but whatever percentage it is and who it is, the only way we, as supporters, can have any impact on a game is from the stands. Why do the oppositions job for them? None of us are rich enough to start buying clubs or elite players, the only possible (admittedly limited) chance we have to level things up is get onto the opposition, pressure the officials and when that doesn’t work, we can still moan in the pub about wasting money on Coney or Sheron or Naismith or RVW or Rashica or whatever. Just save it for the pub. 

I see versions of this argument a lot at the minute and the issue is I think you’re both right.

We all know (or should know) being negative, or passive during the game or not turning up even has a negative affect on the players. It just can’t be ignored.

The counter issue is why should those supporters be expected to support to the levels people high within Norwich City insist they should when it appears (rightly or wrongly, but it does appear that way) those same people in power aren’t interested in their concerns and are happy to berate or see them berated.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I see versions of this argument a lot at the minute and the issue is I think you’re both right.

We all know (or should know) being negative, or passive during the game or not turning up even has a negative affect on the players. It just can’t be ignored.

The counter issue is why should those supporters be expected to support to the levels people high within Norwich City insist they should when it appears (rightly or wrongly, but it does appear that way) those same people in power aren’t interested in their concerns and are happy to berate or see them berated.

Far be it from me to try and determine how folk offer their support, I’ve had a hissy fit and left early in the past. But it was a hissy fit. My - admittedly simplistic - view is try and do what we can to be encouraging and behind them in the ground and then we can get all maudlin and mardlin over a nice half of mild in the rub-a-dub-dub.

Im just not sure rousing renditions of “we’re facking sh01te”, gallows humour or not, does much to motivate the lads. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I can't sell it to you because I don't know. But I do care. And what I don't get is why you don't care. Why you concentrate on this Delia narrative when the ownership has already changed and the strategy moving forwards seems to be led by Attanasio.

I get folk think he's minted so it must be good. They like the colour of his money. They like the smooth chat. But what's the plan? Nobody asks. I'm amazed that the local press aren't busting a gut to find out. I guess there's more clicks in this Delia nonsense or whether Dean Smith would last longer than a mushroom.

I still ask myself what would attract me to investing in a baseball club in Milwaukee. Can't think of anything. Could you sell that to me?

Happy Days was set there, I think? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

If you don't know and I don't know , then  isn't it time someone sold us a vision of the future and something to believe in. Unfortunately that future involves delia and Michael  going , not because they  have  been rubbish, stole the money or anything like that, but because she hasn't got the money to take us any further, and for what ever you say any club who wants to be in the prem needs the owners money. So as long as they stay we are in limbo and the atmosphere and crowd will be the same.i care about the club , but we have different views, I believe you said before you don't mind a few thousand fans giving up season tickets,  I see that as a downward spiral, I don't see them getting replaced. Unfortunately it won't be the moaning fans , their the ones who care , it will be the silent ones. Our fanbase got us out of league one , our fanbase got us promoted with hucks , our fanbase is the club , not Delia and Michael. Unfortunately we had a dream of doing football the right way , but it doesn't work. We need a sugar daddy like all the rest. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Maybe I am taking it personal,  I wanted webber out as soon as he sacked farke,  I knew we were a championship club punching way above our finances , I still saw a plan , we bought kids again. I had so much respect for Delia up until the way he was sacked,  I couldn't believe it was the way Delia would do something.i am right  at the top of delias list of the 20 percent,  but in our ground or away you will not find anyone more vocal and supportive towards the team than me. It's the fans with the passion it hurts the most , that's where I get confused the comment she made was basically against the fans that still care . You should all be worried about the 75 percent who do nothing and leave at 0,0 with ten minutes to go , they aren't even bothered to see us win or lose. That's why what she said was wrong. 

2 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Far be it from me to try and determine how folk offer their support, I’ve had a hissy fit and left early in the past. But it was a hissy fit. My - admittedly simplistic - view is try and do what we can to be encouraging and behind them in the ground and then we can get all maudlin and mardlin over a nice half of mild in the rub-a-dub-dub.

Im just not sure rousing renditions of “we’re facking sh01te”, gallows humour or not, does much to motivate the lads. 

I totally agree , is that the 20 percent? Because that's been  sung recently by about 50 supporters.  The whole 20 percent thing was such a stupid comment and I don't understand why she said it , because 80 % could think its them, if its just moaning. We have a problem at the moment that we don't play possession football,  we don't build up pressure and momentum, so most of the game it's catch them on the break,  that means the majority of the game is boring , it's hard to get behind and support if you are bored. We are in a very difficult place.  

2 hours ago, CirclePoint said:

Not quite. My ‘plan’ would call for constructive criticism. Not whinging.

How can you do constructive criticism at a football match? We play out at the back 3 times in a row and lose it every time , 4th time they score. Do we call the players over to the barclay for some constructive criticism.  

What I find surprising about the article is that it misses that Ipswich's model isn't a million miles from our own overall at the moment.

What I want to know is who explained the meaning of the word 'condescending' to the people who found it condescending?

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

8 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Maybe I am taking it personal,  I wanted webber out as soon as he sacked farke,  I knew we were a championship club punching way above our finances , I still saw a plan , we bought kids again. I had so much respect for Delia up until the way he was sacked,  I couldn't believe it was the way Delia would do something.i am right  at the top of delias list of the 20 percent,  but in our ground or away you will not find anyone more vocal and supportive towards the team than me. It's the fans with the passion it hurts the most , that's where I get confused the comment she made was basically against the fans that still care . You should all be worried about the 75 percent who do nothing and leave at 0,0 with ten minutes to go , they aren't even bothered to see us win or lose. That's why what she said was wrong. 

Exactly. It could be that the qiuiter supporters are more regular attenders. Those who are more vocal may cheer and boo in equal measure. The comment appeared to be made to deflect criticism that emerged at the AGM on other issues.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

That has never historically impacted atmosphere though. I guarantee under Roeder with 9564 loan signings we had no future vision but even then we got behind the team until they gave us ample reason not to. We'd lost 3-0 the game before but we got behind the bunch of wasters who weren't even here permanently and didn't care a jot if we stayed up or not. We still gave them support from the stands.

Now there's some weird entitlement where apparently as fans we need to know every single step the club is taking in every area of the club's existence as a football club and as a business. And if we don't like one of those steps then it's our right to withdraw all support of the players. And moan instead.

To me, I genuinely can't get my head around it. When I go to football I don't want to be surrounded by negativity before we start. And even if we are feeling negative going into a game I don't want the opposition to recognise that. I much prefer watching us win, I'm sure most other fans do yet they won't do the bare minimum to help that? The bare minimum of just giving a bit of support to the players. It doesn't sound that bad of a deal. I'm hoping post Ipswich we see a bit better from the stands.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

If you don't know and I don't know , then  isn't it time someone sold us a vision of the future and something to believe in. Unfortunately that future involves delia and Michael  going , not because they  have  been rubbish, stole the money or anything like that, but because she hasn't got the money to take us any further, and for what ever you say any club who wants to be in the prem needs the owners money. So as long as they stay we are in limbo and the atmosphere and crowd will be the same.i care about the club , but we have different views, I believe you said before you don't mind a few thousand fans giving up season tickets,  I see that as a downward spiral, I don't see them getting replaced. Unfortunately it won't be the moaning fans , their the ones who care , it will be the silent ones. Our fanbase got us out of league one , our fanbase got us promoted with hucks , our fanbase is the club , not Delia and Michael. Unfortunately we had a dream of doing football the right way , but it doesn't work. We need a sugar daddy like all the rest. 

So is a sugar daddy that what Attanasio is? That's news to me. That's a start I guess. If we start with that, then what's the next move. Is it Delia and Michael walking away? Will that mean there's a vision that enables you to support the team? Is that even an option? I have a hunch that Attanasio doesn't want to buy them out. Just a hunch because I don't know. Somebody else probably has a different hunch.

I agree we should be informed what the plan is. It's just vague. What is obvious is that Attanasio is calling the shots and has been for some time. He's already said that Webber was reporting to him during the summer window. It seems Knapper is his man and they are working together from now on.

But if you think any of this will mean the flags are back out and everyone will suddenly support the team and stop whingeing you're in cloud cuckoo land. The plan was set out when Webber appointed Farke. For the first 15 months of that there was constant whingeing. After the first season big numbers of season ticket holders didn't renew. The plan was there but they didn't like it. Apparently the football was boring and the plan was rubbish. The whingers were bored with the plan and the football. We needed to win games and needed someone else's money to make that happen. But then we started to win games and by late autumn everyone was happy and the season ticket boycotters were buying half season tickets for Christmas.

• Like 1

Getting fans back onside is about both the football and non-football aspects of the Club. Win matches they clearly come back onside. Equally though the likes of Munby and Cullen were much more interactive with supporters than what we are witnessing now so need to take a leaf out of that book too.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Getting fans back onside is about both the football and non-football aspects of the Club. Win matches they clearly come back onside. Equally though the likes of Munby and Cullen were much more interactive with supporters than what we are witnessing now so need to take a leaf out of that book too.

This rewriting of history is incredible. You ADs sent a letter to to Delia and Michael asking then to basically dump Roger Munby and there was a meeting at St Andrews Hall apparently for the same cause. Roger got in first by resigning.

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This rewriting of history is incredible. You ADs sent a letter to to Delia and Michael asking then to basically dump Roger Munby and there was a meeting at St Andrews Hall apparently for the same cause. Roger got in first by resigning.

It's not about rewriting history. It is that both supporter engagement and financial management are both key components of running the Club. Munby was good at one, Bowkett the other. Both have been very poor recently.

17 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I’m going to stick my neck out and say that was written by a Binner or someone with an agenda. Likely both. 

It’s a very convenient storyline isn’t it. 
There seems to be some residual bitterness over her shift to green and yellow from the dark side. 
She seemed be having a lovely time with Sheeran after the game. 
I think the Webber thing has stung a little bit more than anyone realises. She was obviously convinced that he was the real deal in every respect. 
No doubt the off-field stuff provides huge comfort to her when financial holes are filled with smart transfer business by the sitting SD. 
As fans we really are spoiled only having to worry about results. It’s a huge responsibility and legacy to be in charge of. 

13 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Absolutely. His behaviour was facilitated by the board, instead of being sacked. 

• Like 1