Robert Ketts Yellow Army

The Times describes Delia as “condescending” towards fans

7 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I don’t know. One thing I think but don’t know is that Attanasio isn’t this sugar daddy benefactor that some seem to think. Another thing I think is that he’s aware of the value of the franchise/organisation and doubt his plan includes giving a lot of that value to shareholders.

We shall see in due course but it seems nobody wants to find out. I expect he’s quite happy while all anyone seems to care about is what Delia said about the whingers. And that he can  get on with whatever the project is with Knapper while all anyone seems to care about is Webber.

We won't find out until they totally take over. That's the problem. How do you put Webber in the past until Knapper shows us a vision of the future. We all want to know nutty and I am sure that includes you. What's the plan ? 

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I know you support the players during the game as do I. This means that we're not part of the 20%. I guess you aren't going to get that.

As for the thousands of fans who won't bother anymore - I'm not bothered about them. Everything changed after COVID. Fans don't bother so much about missing games and a new phrase has been born "I only go out of duty". If they don't renew then other people can have that seat, either season ticket or casual.

Captive season ticket holders has become a huge problem both for the season ticket holders and the franchise/organisation. That's Attanasio's problem now. It will be interesting to see how he addresses it.

But you should be bothered about them,  if we aren't successful on the pitch, fans money is all we have. Attendance drops,  sales drop throughout the club. The fanbase has given us a fighting chance over Delia and Michael's reign. If you don't think the new owners will be prepared to risk investing the fans are all we have. 

13 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

We won't find out until they totally take over. That's the problem. How do you put Webber in the past until Knapper shows us a vision of the future. We all want to know nutty and I am sure that includes you. What's the plan ? 

As far as I can see he has taken over. He just can't sell the club or deal shares without agreement. As I said Webber reported to him in the summer. Knapper is working with him now. 

I asked @sheffcanary for an FPA plan update but they've all gone quiet. 

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

So, just for the record I'm in the blankets out in the rain at the front of the south stand. I was kindly put there because I can't safely crutch up to the back of Block E where I still have a ticket that I buy for the grandkids to share. I'm as loud there and I was in the Barclay. People do leave early but I don't. People also leave early from the Barclay and Snakepit. 

Why don't you join me for a game. We can have a supporter shout off and you can watch the people leaving early from all the stands.

Old memories was there in line with fashanu when he scored thee goal,  with my grandad him in a wheelchair. His last game,  he picked a great one. Maybe Saturday I will start OTBC if we are losing and the 2 of us can sing it all the way through. So those fans are no better than the rest , even more worrying. I have told you before who I am , I am most definitely one of her 20%. You do seem a good fella and the passion is still there that I totally respect.  

22 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I can't sell it to you because I don't know. But I do care. And what I don't get is why you don't care. Why you concentrate on this Delia narrative when the ownership has already changed and the strategy moving forwards seems to be led by Attanasio.

I get folk think he's minted so it must be good. They like the colour of his money. They like the smooth chat. But what's the plan? Nobody asks. I'm amazed that the local press aren't busting a gut to find out. I guess there's more clicks in this Delia nonsense or whether Dean Smith would last longer than a mushroom.

I still ask myself what would attract me to investing in a baseball club in Milwaukee. Can't think of anything. Could you sell that to me?

But the ownership hasn’t actually changed has it? It’s still waiting to be ratified, and S&J still pull the strings don’t they? How else could they get away with saying if they aren’t satisfied after the 3 year point they would pull the plug on the deal? That underlines that they still own it really doesn’t it? 

3 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

But you should be bothered about them,  if we aren't successful on the pitch, fans money is all we have. Attendance drops,  sales drop throughout the club. The fanbase has given us a fighting chance over Delia and Michael's reign. If you don't think the new owners will be prepared to risk investing the fans are all we have. 

But I'm not bothered about them. If they don't want to be there I'm more than happy to for someone else to come. I can't choose whether it's a good or bad season. I can't choose the manager or playing style. We have one job really and that's to support the team. You worry about them all you like but you can't change their minds. COVID showed them how they could watch from home. 

My first game the crowd was 41,000 the second game it was 13,000. We used to say there was a 13,000 hard core of support. It may be more now. But not as much more as some people think. What keeps the crowds high are the captive season ticket holders.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

But the ownership hasn’t actually changed has it? It’s still waiting to be ratified, and S&J still pull the strings don’t they? How else could they get away with saying if they aren’t satisfied after the 3 year point they would pull the plug on the deal? That underlines that they still own it really doesn’t it? 

That isn't what they said. Apparently none of them could remember whose idea it was.

Get an FPA update. Whose plan was the waver? Who's calling the shots? Who was Webber reporting to during the summer? Who is Knapper working with and reporting to? 

Edited by nutty nigel

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But I'm not bothered about them. If they don't want to be there I'm more than happy to for someone else to come. I can't choose whether it's a good or bad season. I can't choose the manager or playing style. We have one job really and that's to support the team. You worry about them all you like but you can't change their minds. COVID showed them how they could watch from home. 

My first game the crowd was 41,000 the second game it was 13,000. We used to say there was a 13,000 hard core of support. It may be more now. But not as much more as some people think. What keeps the crowds high are the captive season ticket holders.

You are presuming they will be replaced,  all the unsold seats doesn't back that up.

Just now, Sufyellow said:

You are presuming they will be replaced,  all the unsold seats doesn't back that up.

I'm not presuming any such thing. An empty seat is better than a captive seat or someone there 'out of duty'. Why do you seem to care so much about other people's money?

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm not presuming any such thing. An empty seat is better than a captive seat or someone there 'out of duty'. Why do you seem to care so much about other people's money?

Because all our money is what the club runs on, the less fans we have,  the weaker the team. A paid for seat is better than an unpaid for seat, the more fans the more successful we can become.  

9 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Exactly, let’s sleepwalk back to being insignificant and super crap. It doesn’t matter though if the grounds half empty, only ‘real’ fans will be there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sufyellow said:

Because all our money is what the club runs on, the less fans we have,  the weaker the team. A paid for seat is better than an unpaid for seat, the more fans the more successful we can become.  

Not so. An empty seat is an opportunity for others. It's up to the franchise to get creative. They can't get creative with a captive seat. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Exactly, let’s sleepwalk back to being insignificant and super crap. It doesn’t matter though if the grounds half empty, only ‘real’ fans will be there. 

You're never there. It's all about other people for you.

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

You're never there. It's all about other people for you.

Nutty stop it! I told you I’ve been there this year a few times. Are you calling me a liar? 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Nutty stop it! I told you I’ve been there this year a few times. Are you calling me a liar? 

There's more chance of you making it a few more when more tickets aren't renewed. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So you’re not calling me a liar? 

If I called you a liar my post would have said liar. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Playing it crafty (again) fair enough. 

Playing these games on this thread / any thread seems to be your limit.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Playing these games on this thread / any thread seems to be your limit.

What games! Anyway, agree to disagree and a merry Christmas to you. 

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

What games! Anyway, agree to disagree and a merry Christmas to you. 

Am I agreeing or disagreeing to having called you a liar? This could be important in the current climate...

Am I agreeing or disagreeing to having called you a liar? This could be important in the current climate...

Last comment! Do you think I ever attend Norwich matches and do not support this club? 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

As far as I can see he has taken over. He just can't sell the club or deal shares without agreement. As I said Webber reported to him in the summer. Knapper is working with him now. 

I asked @sheffcanary for an FPA plan update but they've all gone quiet. 

Spell it right Nutty, it's only one f so forgive me for not responding.

Also, please accept me for not giving that positive an update, you appear to know as much as me, in that you are right he does have a chance to choose his own path on operational matters and so admits to individual discussions with senior staff. I never had a plan on behalf of Attanasio written by the FPA's however, my thoughts were purely my own, and remain so.

Yes, we have seen Attanasio discussing that he had regular calls from Webber, has spoken to Knapper before he took up his appointment and is speaking to him regularly now. We know that most board meetings he attends in virtual mode rather than in person.

We are also told however that the EFL has yet to clear Attanasio in their "directors and owners" test. The Pink'Un boys are also pretty adamant that there will not be an immediate move by Attanasio to appoint his "own" director to the Board as agreed under the recent share changes. I do have alerts at Companies House so rest assured as soon as theat test is passed and the share issue is confirmed I'll let you know, but no doubt it will be publicised by the club anyway.

As others have pondered, I expect a further transfer of shares from Delia & Michael to Attanasio will occur sooner than later, probably before the end of the three year agreement they have. But what form that takes (will Delia and Michael profit from the disposal) will require more thought as we get further clues from Attanasio.

Perhaps the golf is getting in Attanasio's way at the moment.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Last comment! Do you think I ever attend Norwich matches and do not support this club? 

It's all in your head. We are what we post. See you Saturday?

30 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Spell it right Nutty, it's only one f so forgive me for not responding.

Also, please accept me for not giving that positive an update, you appear to know as much as me, in that you are right he does have a chance to choose his own path on operational matters and so admits to individual discussions with senior staff. I never had a plan on behalf of Attanasio written by the FPA's however, my thoughts were purely my own, and remain so.

Yes, we have seen Attanasio discussing that he had regular calls from Webber, has spoken to Knapper before he took up his appointment and is speaking to him regularly now. We know that most board meetings he attends in virtual mode rather than in person.

We are also told however that the EFL has yet to clear Attanasio in their "directors and owners" test. The Pink'Un boys are also pretty adamant that there will not be an immediate move by Attanasio to appoint his "own" director to the Board as agreed under the recent share changes. I do have alerts at Companies House so rest assured as soon as theat test is passed and the share issue is confirmed I'll let you know, but no doubt it will be publicised by the club anyway.

As others have pondered, I expect a further transfer of shares from Delia & Michael to Attanasio will occur sooner than later, probably before the end of the three year agreement they have. But what form that takes (will Delia and Michael profit from the disposal) will require more thought as we get further clues from Attanasio.

Perhaps the golf is getting in Attanasio's way at the moment.

Thanks shef, that spelling came up as I tried to tag you. I get two Purples too. Sometimes I tag them both but then he sometimes answers me twice.

I just think all we surmised has not come to pass. And I doubt a lot of it will. The golf is interesting in itself...

The golf is interesting in itself...

It is, I can't help thinking he's picked a loser with the PGA, unless it is just a case of a fast turnaround buck and they sell out to LIV next year at a profit (which hopefully he'll re-direct to NR1)!

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

There's more chance of you making it a few more when more tickets aren't renewed. 

Come on nutty,  look around you, look at the made up attendances , even with the made up figure we nowhere near sell out , everyone is welcome , surely they should be flooding in. 

10 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That isn't what they said. Apparently none of them could remember whose idea it was.

Get an FPA update. Whose plan was the waver? Who's calling the shots? Who was Webber reporting to during the summer? Who is Knapper working with and reporting to? 

What’s that got to do with what I said! They have actually said they would pull the plug if they felt it wasn’t right, maybe you ought to go and read exactly what was said rather than not answer the question and try to spin it your way.

Maybe you should read the EDP article written by Connor Southwell on 16th October, which clearly explains what I said, that she can pull the plug if she isn’t happy. If that’s not owning the club then what is?

Edited by TheBaldOne66

9 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Come on nutty,  look around you, look at the made up attendances , even with the made up figure we nowhere near sell out , everyone is welcome , surely they should be flooding in. 

If folk don't want to come why do you want them to be there? An empty seat is better than one occupied "out of duty". 

9 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

What’s that got to do with what I said! They have actually said they would pull the plug if they felt it wasn’t right, maybe you ought to go and read exactly what was said rather than not answer the question and try to spin it your way.

Maybe you should read the EDP article written by Connor Southwell on 16th October, which clearly explains what I said, that she can pull the plug if she isn’t happy. If that’s not owning the club then what is?

That Connor Southall gets everywhere!

How can 'she' pull the plug? Who gives the money back?