Robert Ketts Yellow Army

The Times describes Delia as “condescending” towards fans

I see her mouth piece mick Dennis has been updating on the events yesterday and still he claims not to be their Omid Scobie 

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Why?

It was condescending.  

Simple. The article links what Delia said to what McCarthy said after he was sacked by the Binners. The two have nothing in common. McCarthy said “that ended well” which at the time was 4 years in Div 3 after he got them in the playoffs. 

Delia was talking cobblers , but to link it to a “condescending” comment by Mad Mick which needed huge investment by an American Pension fun to rectify , is likely to be the work of an agenda. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

She spoke the truth. 

She didn’t. She dismissed any justified concerns that some have about recent decision making as being a whinge. It was condescending on her part and poorly communicated. She could have easily said fans pay their money and are entitled to their opinion but she doesn’t agree. Instead she belittled a proportion of her own customer base. It was defensive and needless. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Good lap dog... Good boy, here's a treat. 

She was talking about what happens in Carrow Road and how that negativity affects our team. She is right.

Whether she should have said it is a different matter. However soooo many fans who never go near Carrow Road getting butt hurt about it is pathetic.

Just now, nutty nigel said:

She was talking about what happens in Carrow Road and how that negativity affects our team. She is right.

Whether she should have said it is a different matter. However soooo many fans who never go near Carrow Road getting butt hurt about it is pathetic.

What about those of us who do? Are we allowed to be "butthurt" ? 

4 minutes ago, S_81 said:

She didn’t. She dismissed any justified concerns that some have about recent decision making as being a whinge. It was condescending on her part and poorly communicated. She could have easily said fans pay their money and are entitled to their opinion but she doesn’t agree. Instead she belittled a proportion of her own customer base. It was defensive and needless. 

What about those of us who do? Are we allowed to be "butthurt" ? 

Only if you're part of the 20% and proud of not supporting our team.

You do wonder that if she’d managed to keep off the sauce would any of this have happened ?

Drinkaware.

See there you go again - dismissing these concerns as if they’re not the concerns of the paying public - whether that be occasional or weekly. There’s a % of fans who attend the ground who haven’t been happy with some of the decision making. They have good reason to be. And she ridiculed them with her arrogance. As indeed you are doing. Your lack of objectivity on the matter makes one wonder why. 

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Only if you're part of the 20% and proud of not supporting our team.

I support until they give me a reason to criticize and let them know what's not acceptable.  I pay my money for that privilege same as the rest. 

I'm proud of not being a yes man, in all walks of life. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor
  • Like 4

It looks as if what she’s all about is escaping the local sphere of influence. Like I said, you have to show the wider football community what she’s like. 

Once her public rep is tarnished, even just a little bit, she’ll panic and leave. She’s got ego and legacy in mind.

Right or not, Smith was being condescending. Sometimes you need to be careful with your choice of words whether your opinion is valid or not.

She won't be the first or last football club owner to upset fans.

It is what it is. We move on.

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

I support until they give me a reason to criticize and let them know what's not acceptable.  I pay my money for that privilege same as the rest. 

I'm proud of not being a yes man, in all walks of life. 

But that's not what was said. She clearly said how the negativity affects the players. What happens during the game. If I'm wrong and that sort of negativity is a good way to support them then convince me why you do it. Why you put extra pressure on the players you are supporting to win?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But that's not what was said. She clearly said how the negativity affects the players. What happens during the game. If I'm wrong and that sort of negativity is a good way to support them then convince me why you do it. Why you put extra pressure on the players you are supporting to win?

Where did I say I do it DURING the game? I'm all for supporting until the final whistle. However if we're useless or show no fight etc. I very much will boo and/or moan at full time. 

• Like 1

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Where did I say I do it DURING the game? I'm all for supporting until the final whistle. However if we're useless or show no fight etc. I very much will boo and/or moan at full time. 

But that as the negativity Delia was talking about. She clearly said she would find it difficult and felt sorry for the players. I was surprised that you seemed to want to be identified with it.

That's how I think it always should be unless players have obviously downed tools.

I wish the rest of our fanbase was the same. Even vs Sheff Wed's the amount of times I shouted at the dim-witted around me to stop booing Angus for waiting for the opposition to press before passing was unbelievable. One time he smashed it long to ironic cheers only to see it come straight back at us and them get a shot away. You'd think fans had seen enough football to see how it works.

• Like 6

Just now, hogesar said:

That's how I think it always should be unless players have obviously downed tools.

I wish the rest of our fanbase was the same. Even vs Sheff Wed's the amount of times I shouted at the dim-witted around me to stop booing Angus for waiting for the opposition to press before passing was unbelievable. One time he smashed it long to ironic cheers only to see it come straight back at us and them get a shot away. You'd think fans had seen enough football to see how it works.

This is what the people who don't go don't understand. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You’re desperately trying to justify her poor communication.  And it’s just not factual that fans, especially 20%, are booing etc during the game. 
Think it’s time you accept that she made a fool of herself and is rightly being called out for it. 

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But that as the negativity Delia was talking about. She clearly said she would find it difficult and felt sorry for the players. I was surprised that you seemed to want to be identified with it.

Oh come on Nutty, you can't surely believe she meant just the people during the game. However I agree that it's not helpful sure, again I wait till the final whistle has gone. 

She definitely meant everyone who shows any displeasure about what happens with the club on or off the pitch though. 

Edited by GodlyOtsemobor

Just now, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Oh come on Nutty, you can't surely believe she meant just the people during the game. She definitely meant everyone who shows any displeasure about what happens with the club on or off the pitch.

No she didn't. She specifically mentioned the players.