Robert Ketts Yellow Army

The Times describes Delia as “condescending” towards fans

19 hours ago, Sufyellow said:

Because all our money is what the club runs on, the less fans we have,  the weaker the team. A paid for seat is better than an unpaid for seat, the more fans the more successful we can become.  

Agree with this.

Can't figure out how Nutty reckons a captive seat is better than an empty seat. You've got to sell the empty seat. Much easier as a PL team but not so easy when you're wallowing around in the Championship.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Agree with this.

Can't figure out how Nutty reckons a captive seat is better than an empty seat. You've got to sell the empty seat. Much easier as a PL team but not so easy when you're wallowing around in the Championship.

That's because Nutty doesn't reckon a captive seat is better than an empty seat. I think that's Suf's view.

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That's because Nutty doesn't reckon a captive seat is better than an empty seat. I think that's Suf's view.

What is a 'captive seat'?

15 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Sorry my bad. Life is SO confusing on here. (  big smile )

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

When the club borrows money it borrows it against known income . Parachute money is the more recent leverage  but for years it was season ticket sales. 
Someone buying a season ticket helps the club in this way. 
from the clubs financial perspective Anthony Richens would prefer a season ticket sale to the expense of selling a walk up ticket 

Someone buying a season ticket and subscribing to Sky benefits the club too. The parachute payments are there due to TV money. The money we have borrowed is leveraged against parachute/ tv money and probably season ticket sales 

The club ain’t going to borrow much against seats they might sell in a few months time . 

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

What is a 'captive seat'?

For me it's a seat that's paid for but not used.

The other point with this is it gives the impression that the ticket is too cheap if people can afford to buy it and leave it empty. We don't want a price increase because folk can afford to pay for it and not use it.

25 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

When the club borrows money it borrows it against known income . Parachute money is the more recent leverage  but for years it was season ticket sales. 
Someone buying a season ticket helps the club in this way. 
from the clubs financial perspective Anthony Richens would prefer a season ticket sale to the expense of selling a walk up ticket 

Someone buying a season ticket and subscribing to Sky benefits the club too. The parachute payments are there due to TV money. The money we have borrowed is leveraged against parachute/ tv money and probably season ticket sales 

The club ain’t going to borrow much against seats they might sell in a few months time . 

Whilst this is true it's a problem for the franchise not for supporters. It would be worse if people bought tickets out of duty so the franchise could pay their players more money. Rather than because they want to go.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Whilst this is true it's a problem for the franchise not for supporters. It would be worse if people bought tickets out of duty so the franchise could pay their players more money. Rather than because they want to go.

In truth NN nobody buys a ticket because they don’t want to go?  

Some people buy a ticket but can’t always make it . They like the seat and the people they sit near. They may not be lucky enough to have a network of friends or family that can use the ticket so it may not be used. Selling it back via the club doesn’t always work - I know I have tried . 

And then there is the apathy . But that’s is a different matter altogether. The empty seats around me at Sheff Wed was due to various factors I suspect. Many of which don’t apply when we are top of the league ! 

3 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

In truth NN nobody buys a ticket because they don’t want to go?  

Some people buy a ticket but can’t always make it . They like the seat and the people they sit near. They may not be lucky enough to have a network of friends or family that can use the ticket so it may not be used. Selling it back via the club doesn’t always work - I know I have tried . 

And then there is the apathy . But that’s is a different matter altogether. The empty seats around me at Sheff Wed was due to various factors I suspect. Many of which don’t apply when we are top of the league ! 

I think that's true for when they buy it. But not so true throughout the season. But this has been a bigger problem since COVID. 

28 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I think that's true for when they buy it. But not so true throughout the season. But this has been a bigger problem since COVID. 

Agreed. Ironically I have covid again now (hence my over indulgence on here !) which is my third time. my seat may be free on Sat! 

5 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Agreed. Ironically I have covid again now (hence my over indulgence on here !) which is my third time. my seat may be free on Sat! 

I've only had it twice. Both times it was the Scratby Variant.

Hopefully you're ok for Saturday.

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

The other point with this is it gives the impression that the ticket is too cheap if people can afford to buy it and leave it empty. We don't want a price increase because folk can afford to pay for it and not use it.

But there's plenty of empty seats that haven't been paid for , so why aren't they being snapped up. 

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

If folk don't want to come why do you want them to be there? An empty seat is better than one occupied "out of duty". 

That's it nutty,  that's what I have been trying to say , don't worry about the moaners , worry about all those fans turning up or not due to duty. If the demand was there to replace them why aren't we selling out. The fans start to leave,  the turnover gets lower then we need those Americans money even more. I want their lovely money going into the club nutty,  because mine and yours season tickets aren't going to get us far.

4 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

That Connor Southall gets everywhere!

How can 'she' pull the plug? Who gives the money back?

Yet again you deflect from what I said, as for gives the money back it’s been invested so it would come from the club if it does get returned at all. 

40 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Yet again you deflect from what I said, as for gives the money back it’s been invested so it would come from the club if it does get returned at all. 

I'm pretty sure in the interview Attanasio said he didn't remember who came up with the 3 year agreement. But as its an agreement I assume he can pull the plug too. But I'm not deflecting anything. In fact I'll pledge £20 to PUPs if you and Lord Southwell are right an 'she' pulls the plug.

18 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm pretty sure in the interview Attanasio said he didn't remember who came up with the 3 year agreement. But as its an agreement I assume he can pull the plug too. But I'm not deflecting anything. In fact I'll pledge £20 to PUPs if you and Lord Southwell are right an 'she' pulls the plug.

She had better win the Euro Millions first because that ship has sailed.

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

If American Mark hadn’t stumped up the cash to keep us running where would we be now? 

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

She had better win the Euro Millions first because that ship has sailed.

Of course it has. Which is my whole point. There seems to be a belief that two selfish octogenarians are desperately holding on to some sort of power. It's nonsense.

46 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Of course it has. Which is my whole point. There seems to be a belief that two selfish octogenarians are desperately holding on to some sort of power. It's nonsense.

Not sure they could advise of the precise time the ship departed.

46 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Not sure they could advise of the precise time the ship departed.

I'd guess during their midnight reflections Dec 31st 2021.

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Of course it has. Which is my whole point. There seems to be a belief that two selfish octogenarians are desperately holding on to some sort of power. It's 

So why did she say it? 

23 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

A paid seat filled may spend at the ground. A paid seat not used doesn't. Unfortunately for us, we don't get many football tourists who could fill those paid not used seats. Staffing levels at the ground still need to be based on season tickets filled. Real dilemma for clubs like us.

Next generation of fans is key. The Great work done by the club, to allow kids for a quid help build a solid season ticket base. 

As to the original question. Delia speaks at times, like any supporter would on a forum like this. We all have different ideas on how this club should be run. In her position, she will be scrutinised for what is said. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Unthink road said:

A paid seat filled may spend at the ground. A paid seat not used doesn't.

Secondary spend is probably something Delia holds dear to her heart, given her hospitality background. Surely she recognises the issue?

3 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Secondary spend is probably something Delia holds dear to her heart, given her hospitality background. Surely she recognises the issue?

We would think so. The problem could be she hasn't trained her first lieutenant.

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Given that Hull City occupy the last playoff place at the moment and are offering tickets for a tenner for our game next month, it is contextually very interesting to reflect on their figures as attached.

20231221_160125.jpg

4 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Given that Hull City occupy the last playoff place at the moment and are offering tickets for a tenner for our game next month, it is contextually very interesting to reflect on their figures as attached.

20231221_160125.jpg

How much are Hull fans being charged for their game V us on 12th Jan ?