Robert Ketts Yellow Army

The Times describes Delia as “condescending” towards fans

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How much are Hull fans being charged for their game V us on 12th Jan ?

Not formally announced on their website yet. Their standard adult charges are £28,£24 and £20. We effectively know that for Club Members at least they will be charging half those prices for their home games against Blackburn and ourselves.

Their announced gate figures have increased by around 70% in the last 18 months. 

It is clear that their gate only yield per spectator is around 70% of ours whilst their commercial matchday incomes yielded from actual attendees count for around £2 for every £3 spent on gate money. 

Their wage bill looks miniscule compared to ours.

Edited by essex canary

4 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Secondary spend is probably something Delia holds dear to her heart, given her hospitality background. Surely she recognises the issue?

I agree. Hence, the Lion and Castle. Problem is the football on the pitch isn't bringing in the fans. If we were fighting for automatic promotion, I imagine the stands would be full. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Not formally announced on their website yet. Their standard adult charges are £28,£24 and £20. We effectively know that for Club Members at least they will be charging half those prices for their home games against Blackburn and ourselves.

Their announced gate figures have increased by around 70% in the last 18 months. 

It is clear that their gate only yield per spectator is around 70% of ours whilst their commercial matchday incomes yielded from actual attendees count for around £2 for every £3 spent on gate money. 

Their wage bill looks miniscule compared to ours.

In other words you have made a guess and a look on the website shows the game v Blackburn  prices are as per normal so where you have got they are charging half price i have no idea.

A member can purchase just one ticket at half price not all tickets that they may wish to purchase.

Edited by TIL 1010

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

Given that Hull City occupy the last playoff place at the moment and are offering tickets for a tenner for our game next month, it is contextually very interesting to reflect on their figures as attached.

20231221_160125.jpg

The profit was all due to the exceptional item of £20m. I don't think that it was anything to do with their casual ticket offers either. I think it was a write-off of debt owed to the previous owner?

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

In other words you have made a guess and a look on the website shows the game v Blackburn  prices are as per normal so where you have got they are charging half price i have no idea.

A member can purchase just one ticket at half price not all tickets that they may wish to purchase.

Any Hull member can buy their own ticket at half price. That is generally the purpose of being a member. Perhaps not at NCFC where paying £25 to be an away member suddenly gives an advantage over other membership categories like shareholders and season ticket holders. The again being an away member also apparently exposes you to public safety risks.

Even a home member at Carrow Road can find themselves at a disadvantage to a non-member who simply borrows a seat from a season ticket holder possibly with NIL financial commitment to NCFC. 

NCFC needs to get a grip of what being a member means.

Tangie eat your heart out!

The modern FPAs are fully up to speed with other clubs too.

It would be interesting to know how our "secondary income" compares to Hulls?

42 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Tangie eat your heart out!

The modern FPAs are fully up to speed with other clubs too.

It would be interesting to know how our "secondary income" compares to Hulls?

It would be interesting. Using Hull's figures we can probably guess at something like £11 per attendee per match though that is probably weighted for commercials which will be comparatively very high. We are probably missing out on an equivalent amount to Zoe's salary for secondary income on the captive empty seats.

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

It would be interesting. Using Hull's figures we can probably guess at something like £11 per attendee per match though that is probably weighted for commercials which will be comparatively very high. We are probably missing out on an equivalent amount to Zoe's salary for secondary income on the captive empty seats.

"Probably guess'

"Probably weighted"

"Probably missing out"

I reckon you're not getting close to 'FPA of the year' with that effort :classic_ninja:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

"Probably guess'

"Probably weighted"

"Probably missing out"

I reckon you're not getting close to 'FPA of the year' with that effort :classic_ninja:

No probability about bringing Zoe's salary into the equation however.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

"Probably guess'

"Probably weighted"

"Probably missing out"

Not much room for error. Delia just needs to look up Alan Sugar in her phone book.

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

The Apprentice TV show.

Don't watch it. Is it like Juke Box Jury? Do ya reckon Delia's Catering is a hit or a miss?

Don't watch it. Is it like Juke Box Jury? Do ya reckon Delia's Catering is a hit or a miss?

You should know by now that everything to do with Norwich City is a miss according to whinger in chief.

The contestants have a business job to do. The verdict on the worst performer is 'you're fired'. 

One AGM contributor wasn't too happy with the Carrow Road veggie pies.

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

You should know by now that everything to do with Norwich City is a miss according to whinger in chief.

It's relentless. 

Just now, essex canary said:

The contestants have a business job to do. The verdict on the worst performer is 'you're fired'. 

I wouldn't be either. Meat and potato or apple for me.

3 minutes ago, essex canary said:

My money is on it is all the fault of Zoe Webber.

What’s with all this Zoe Webber lark ? I’ve noticed she seems to have decided to adopt the name now her OH has left the building.

Think I’d have stuck with the earlier incarnation in the vain hope that there might be someone out there who still wasn’t aware of the tie-up.

The obvious answer to the question is that the veggie pie issue is not really appropriate to the AGM. Nonetheless all enquiries of this or similar nature will be fully investigated and responded to within customer services deadlines when reported to the 'supporter relations' email preferably at the earliest opportunity to enable the Club to react swiftly.

That wasn't what I heard. Equally I wouldn't say it was entirely true either but it ought to be.

16 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

See their website page below.

A 'member' at Hull is actually a Season Ticket Holder therefore the offer is for a Season Ticket Holder to buy a guest seat for half price. Such guest seat for a Hull old codger at the opposite end to the away fans would be £6.75. Therefore as an NCFC or Blackburn old codger the only honourable thing to do is to offer it to you too. And me too given it is the first match beyond my 65th.

The Cricket Club philosophy with only 1 membership category - Heaven!

20231222_095204.jpg

7 minutes ago, essex canary said:

See their website page below.

A 'member' at Hull is actually a Season Ticket Holder therefore the offer is for a Season Ticket Holder to buy a guest seat for half price. Such guest seat for a Hull old codger at the opposite end to the away fans would be £6.75. Therefore as an NCFC or Blackburn old codger the only honourable thing to do is to offer it to you too. And me too given it is the first match beyond my 65th.

The Cricket Club philosophy with only 1 membership category - Heaven!

20231222_095204.jpg

If i am a Hull member/season ticket holder tell me how many further tickets i can purchase at half price ? The answer is one !

15 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If i am a Hull member/season ticket holder tell me how many further tickets i can purchase at half price ? The answer is one !

Correct. Would you expect more? Seems a generous enough offer within itself. Bear in mind the cheapest season ticket is only £13 per game.

9 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Correct. Would you expect more? Seems a generous enough offer within itself. Bear in mind the cheapest season ticket is only £13 per game.

If i was a Norwich fan wanting ten tickets for the game i could buy all ten at half price. I am fairly sure if you were a Hull member/season ticket holder you would be having plenty to say about that.

I notice that a Hull membership is a rolling direct debit for adults (23 to 64 ) which costs £25 a month which gives access to those tickets of £13 you quoted in your post.

However i am sure you will waffle your way around that but i am off out for the day.

Edited by TIL 1010

58 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

If i was a Norwich fan wanting ten tickets for the game i could buy all ten at half price. I am fairly sure if you were a Hull member/season ticket holder you would be having plenty to say about that.

I notice that a Hull membership is a rolling direct debit for adults (23 to 64 ) which costs £25 a month which gives access to those tickets of £13 you quoted in your post.

However i am sure you will waffle your way around that but i am off out for the day.

How is a Norwich member defined (Shareholder?,ST?,Home?,Away?,Customer Number?). 

Until that is clarified nobody could attempt to address the question you pose. It isn't Hull's fault.

8 hours ago, essex canary said:

How is a Norwich member defined (Shareholder?,ST?,Home?,Away?,Customer Number?). 

Until that is clarified nobody could attempt to address the question you pose. It isn't Hull's fault.

As i said you will waffle your way around the issue. Hull membership £25 a month on a rolling direct debit which gives access to £13 a game tickets. Seems straightforward enough to me.

As i said you will waffle your way around the issue. Hull membership £25 a month on a rolling direct debit which gives access to £13 a game tickets. Seems straightforward enough to me.

The question you have avoided is what is the Norwich equivalent?

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

The question you have avoided is what is the Norwich equivalent?

Norwich membership costs £25 a season and Hull costs £25 a month.

For someone who spends an awful lot of time on here comparing apples to oranges when it comes to comparisons with other clubs over ticket pricing and membership schemes not withstanding all things financial in a relentless campaign to show Norwich City in a bad light the irony of your last post is not lost on me.

Edited by TIL 1010

Norwich membership costs £25 a season and Hull costs £25 a month.

For someone who spends an awful lot of time on here comparing apples to oranges when it comes to comparisons with other clubs over ticket pricing and membership schemes not withstanding all things financial in a relentless campaign to show Norwich City in a bad light the irony of your last post is not lost on me.

Norwich membership gives you virtually nothing other than as we heard at the AGM a superior welcome pack to Season Ticket Holders whereas the Hull membership gives a seat for all matches, not to mention the away membership which doesn't exist at Hull.

The real issue is the pear shaped issue of a Norwich model that doesn't work. 

Well done on very creatively expressing why Hull fans should feel aggrieved. 

23 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Norwich membership gives you virtually nothing other than as we heard at the AGM a superior welcome pack to Season Ticket Holders whereas the Hull membership gives a seat for all matches, not to mention the away membership which doesn't exist at Hull.

The real issue is the pear shaped issue of a Norwich model that doesn't work. 

Well done on very creatively expressing why Hull fans should feel aggrieved. 

On the face of it a Season Ticket (or Membership) at Hull seems really cheap, I know there are large areas of deprivation in the city but they have not sold out once this season and their average home attendance is lower than that of Norwich City. I would have thought a price of £13 per home match would get bums on seats........