Wings of a Sparrow

****Official Lappinitup match thread - Ipswich v Norwich****

Biggest game in McCallums career. Let's hope he has a good one beacause god knows he's looked shaky..

Nevermind How rusty he must be from having hardly played all season

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

FB_IMG_1702726306024.jpg

Well he’s going for it, Sainz and Rowe both in rather than more defensive options. Guess the plan is out score them, could be an entertaining game.

Just now, Monty13 said:

Well he’s going for it, Sainz and Rowe both in rather than more defensive options. Guess the plan is out score them, could be an entertaining game.

Sadly Williams on the bench for the binners so no hillarious red card for them.. Just pray he comes on early

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

No Dimi. Oh ****

Least he’s not replaced him with Placheta, but agree big loss for this one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

Best form of defence is attack....if we speed it up a bit..

8 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Definitely their big day out

I would be rather embarrassed if this happened at Carrow Road for a league game, Certainly smacks of tin pot, and a recognition of how important we are to them, rather like County v Foresr, Port Vale v Stoke or Tranmere v Liverpool.

• Like 2

Just now, mccanary said:

We score an average of almost 2 goals a match with Ipswich having an average of 3.

Fair to say there are goals in this and much as I would happily take a 0-0 dont think that the odds of that are high

2 minutes ago, mccanary said:

I agree, trying to play defensive against them would be suicide, think this is our best chance of a result, especially if we can somehow Nick the lead.

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

We score an average of almost 2 goals a match with Ipswich having an average of 3.

Fair to say there are goals in this and much as I would happily take a 0-0 dont think that the odds of that are high

Our second goal on weds was a thing of beauty.  Didn't realise how good it was watching in the ground but on highlights it shows how quick we moved the ball. If only we could maintain that type of movement. 

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

Ip**** team arrives. Don't get triggered 😁

IMG-20231216-WA0000.jpg

They will all look like Smurfs with that smoke. 

2 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

I agree, trying to play defensive against them would be suicide, think this is our best chance of a result, especially if we can somehow Nick the lead.

We know there are goals in  the team from all over the pitch.....its just our defensive work in midfield and constant slack passing that worry me

Edited by mccanary
Sp.

Wish I were in the fuc*ing tunnel. I'd be itching to leave one in first minute.

Need to plant one on Morsy, Davis and Chaplin early. Make it hurt, slow them down.

Just now, mccanary said:

We know there are goals in  the team from all over the pitch.....its just our defensive work in midfield and constant slack passing that worry me

Ipswich are very open at the back because their fullbacks press up so far a bit like Farke used to. We are open in the middle. Just likely be who exploits who better I suppose.

I find the vitriol embarrassing. Of course their fans are excited: it's the first time they've played us for a long time and doubly as long since they've gone into a derby as favourites. The truth is that they're up there on merit, playing very good football and showing cohesiveness and confidence that we could only dream of at this point.

There's no need to be bitter. If we lose then let's take it gracefully and accept the natural cycle of things. We've had our period of local dominance. In general it has to be a good thing for the game if small clubs like Ipswich can mix it with the big boys. If we do snatch an unlikely win then it would be funny but wouldn't really prove anything. The main thing is about retaining as much dignity as possible, regardless of the outcome.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Wish I were in the fuc*ing tunnel. I'd be itching to leave one in first minute.

Need to plant one on Morsy, Davis and Chaplin early. Make it hurt, slow them down.

Always thought about this, could you imagine putting 11 of us in that team for today!? It'd be a blood bath 🤣 hopefully Gunny is telling them EXACTLY what is expected of them today by the yellow wall.