Jimmy_Fitch

Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?

Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. Are you renewing your NCFC season ticket?

• Yes
    • No
    • Undecided

With season tickets renewals fast approaching and with the talk of an increase of 3% will you be renewing for the 24/25 season?

Maybe The Pinkun will use this data to show S&J that it's more than 20% of the fanbase that have had enough.

I'm personally undecided and will probably make a late call.  Having a young family it's difficult to justify the time away from them to watch turgid football every other Saturday. 

30 minutes ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

Maybe The Pinkun will use this data to show S&J that it's more than 20% of the fanbase that have had enough.

I'm personally undecided and will probably make a late call. 

Likewise. I probably fall into the '20%' and again I am against finding myself hesitant to renew due to the lacklustre vision of the club and the Echo Chamber that seems to have been established at the top. The main thing that alienated me was the 'Top 26 Club' comment when we had only been in the PL for a matter of matches during the 21/22 season, as well as the incompetence around the dreadful timing of Farke's sacking a couple of months later and knee-jerk replace him with Dean Smith who had probably not even recieved his P45 from Aston Villa...! This has now been exacerbated by Delia's car crash interview after the AGM last week, and suggesting that dissenting supporters need to toe their line and stop 'moaning'.

I have only been to three matches out of 20 this season so far due to other commitments, however, it's not the performances on the pitch that keep me away as I was at CR most weeks when we were in League One and even when we had Roeder and his monstrosity of a squad. Last season I attented ~12 of the 23 home matches. Before that, I would typiclly attend at least a good three quarters of the home matches a season. I have been a ST since 2012.

Cost isn't an issue for me personally, nevertheless an increase in ST prices will be the tipping point for many, given that cost of living and bills still seem to be spiralling. I think i'm right in saying that Norwich are still in the top ten most expensive season tickets in England.

Edited by TheRock
  • Thanks 2

I expect me and my mates will all renew. 

I'm hoping that the 3% increase is 'the average' and some of the ridiculous concessions are removed or at least pulled back to reduce the increase required on standard full price.

If a price increase is required to offset overall running costs then it seems only fair each supporter contributes the same £ amount.

Absolutely renewing. 

Not a happy clapper - but I'm not there for the board. I'm there for the team and to see my mates.

Feels like cutting my nose of to spite my face, much more lost than gained if we're to do so in protest. Which is what I'm hearing from the majority not renewing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

How many posters on here are actually season ticket holders which will obviously skew the statistics by using data from this forum regarding the ' whingers ' and 20%.

Maybe there should be a poll of the Armchair Arthurs as @nutty nigel calls them and ask how many will be visiting the DFS sale looking for a new sofa or similar for next season ?

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

How many posters on here are actually season ticket holders which will obviously skew the statistics by using data from this forum regarding the ' whingers ' and 20%.

Maybe there should be a poll of the Armchair Arthurs as @nutty nigel calls them and ask how many will be visiting the DFS sale looking for a new sofa or similar for next season ?

If S&J go back to their seats in the County Lounge who will be left to sit in the Directors box? Perhaps the Colney vegetable garden could be relocated there.

I personally hope loads don't renew. Then perhaps the prices will become more competitive compared to the absent armchairios...

6 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

If S&J go back to their seats in the County Lounge who will be left to sit in the Directors box? Perhaps the Colney vegetable garden could be relocated there.

I personally hope loads don't renew. Then perhaps the prices will become more competitive compared to the absent armchairios...

If we do a swap deal with you and Mr. Portsmouth we will get more atmosphere.

37 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I expect me and my mates will all renew. 

I'm hoping that the 3% increase is 'the average' and some of the ridiculous concessions are removed or at least pulled back to reduce the increase required on standard full price.

If a price increase is required to offset overall running costs then it seems only fair each supporter contributes the same £ amount.

Bet you would like the concession when it arrives for you, when you are an OAP every little helps, If you’re old enough to get a concession it probably means you’ve been supporting for years 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was going to suggest a couple of more buttons on this. One to identify a non-season ticket holder who is NOT looking to become one, and one for a non-season-ticket holder who, god forbid, wants to become one! 

• Like 1

Just now, essex canary said:

If we do a swap deal with you and Mr. Portsmouth we will get more atmosphere.

I'm renewing. Maybe someone who's not could swap?

Do you have to renew or does your freebie just roll over every year?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Bet you would like the concession when it arrives for you, when you are an OAP every little helps, If you’re old enough to get a concession it probably means you’ve been supporting for years 

Being a coffin dodger of some 7 years standing now i am rolling quickly towards a further concession in 2026 but personally i am happy to let it be stopped. Whilst agreeing in principle to your every little helps comment i find it quite amazing that many coffin dodgers seem to pick and choose when to attend. That does not smack of them being cash strapped in these times.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm already on the waiting list at Fratton Park 👍

I'm in the Milwaukee Brewers list. 82 games a season. :classic_cool:

A better poll would be to ask the season-ticket holders, how many games do you miss a season?

Because, undoubtedly, a lot of people who have bought one don't bother going half the time.

• Like 1

Just now, TIL 1010 said:

Being a coffin dodger of some 7 years standing now i am rolling quickly towards a further concession in 2026 but personally i am happy to let it be stopped. Whilst agreeing in principle to your every little helps comment i find it quite amazing that many coffin dodgers seem to pick and choose when to attend. That does not smack of them being cash strapped in these times.

Season tickets used to be for supporters went to every game. I can't imagine what Mrs Nutty would say if I paid that money but didn't go. 

19 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

I'm not that far off getting a concession and next season will be my 20th as a season ticket holder.

The reality is those paying full price are paying for the concessions, that's how subscription pricing works.

I gave mine up a season ago. I still attend matches now and again as can’t keep away fully. But if Wagner goes and Knapper makes a promising appointment and some noises about the right kind of recruitment then I’ll be back. 

So far, 15% not renewing. Which isn't bad, I've said for a while we could do with some fresh faces looking to support and turn up to games. I know a group of 3 who are on the waiting list for 3 together, hopefully this is their chance!

Although about 40% of this forum said they weren't renewing last season and...

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm renewing. Maybe someone who's not could swap?

Do you have to renew or does your freebie just roll over every year?

They have a contractual obligation so just another empty seat if I don't take advantage. Still ridiculous in the light of MWJ's 1998 commitment to the best in family involvement that not all ADs can claim. Disingenuous!

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Given current demographics the removal of the over 75 category is sensible. The fact that a £50k saving at pensioners expense is proposed by someone earning £500k a year though should go down like a lead balloon.

I’ve had mine for 25 years or so but the relentless engineering works is probably the reason I’m not renewing given its ongoing use for another 3 years. 

I’d be tempted back to a season ticket once the ownership has changed and we get Hotdog sellers walking round the bleachers! Play Ball!

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

I’d be tempted back to a season ticket once the ownership has changed and we get Hotdog sellers walking round the bleachers! Play Ball!

Where do stand on t-shirt cannons?

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Season tickets used to be for supporters went to every game. I can't imagine what Mrs Nutty would say if I paid that money but didn't go. 

Some people clearly have more problems with trains and similar. Some people find midweek matches inconvenient. Why not some imagination from the Club on these issues?

15 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Some people clearly have more problems with trains and similar. Some people find midweek matches inconvenient. Why not some imagination from the Club on these issues?

They could charter buses and do a door-to-door service.

Mind, if they start that it won’t be long before someone living in Old Catton is stamping their feet and demanding the club pay for a taxi home in the interest of fairness.

They could refuse to play midweek? Saturdays, 3pm only. Be a long old season though and we’d have to opt out of the cups.

If they were really ambitious and using their imagination, they could imagine fitting a teleportation device in every season ticket holders home that took you direct to your seat if you whisper “I love Delia” three times into the intercom. Or something. 

45 minutes ago, essex canary said:

They have a contractual obligation so just another empty seat if I don't take advantage. Still ridiculous in the light of MWJ's 1998 commitment to the best in family involvement that not all ADs can claim. Disingenuous!

Why are you no longer in with the ADs? Will we be hearing from them/you any time soon? You guys were happy to go for Roger Munby...

9 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

They could charter buses and do a door-to-door service.

Mind, if they start that it won’t be long before someone living in Old Catton is stamping their feet and demanding the club pay for a taxi home in the interest of fairness.

They could refuse to play midweek? Saturdays, 3pm only. Be a long old season though and we’d have to opt out of the cups.

If they were really ambitious and using their imagination, they could imagine fitting a teleportation device in every season ticket holders home that took you direct to your seat if you whisper “I love Delia” three times into the intercom. Or something. 

Or maybe they could pay more than £10 on buyback to encourage those who can't go to register their seats more often. Strange that we have such a waiting list, yet never seem to sell out.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, essex canary said:

I'll show the imagination for them. 

A tenner off the next season for every game that's moved for TV.

Get the money back by charging the absent armchairios and get a grip on the freebie streams.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

So far, 15% not renewing. Which isn't bad, I've said for a while we could do with some fresh faces looking to support and turn up to games. I know a group of 3 who are on the waiting list for 3 together, hopefully this is their chance!

Although about 40% of this forum said they weren't renewing last season and...

I'll give those 3  one season of what we've endured lately and see what they think then.And before anybody asks what my intentions are re: renewing, I'm seriously on the edge,as I know three more 20 years plus s/t holders who I go with are.

How many of us have become immune to the offerings on the pitch and simply go by habit,and the chance to have a few beers with our mates.