Sign in to follow this  
Positive_Canary

Ipswich captain Morsy not wearing rainbow armband

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

It should be discussed and agreed behind closed doors, once agreed you follow the party line. Ā Not really tricky.

Maybe it has been? My argument is against the original poster for accusing the player of homophobia when he has no idea why the plain armband has been chosen. Players should be free to speak up for certain causes if they wish, they shouldnā€™t be pressured into doing so then abused if they choose not to forĀ whatever reasonĀ 

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

If anyone is against social injustices and equality they have a screw loose.

Has anyone here weaponised the term "Woke" yet? That's a good way of detecting a-holes from the non a-holes.

As far as making the world a better place. Earth would be a better place without human beings.

The thing is, they don't ask for equality. Equality is where everyone has a chance of improving themselves, and is a very good thing to encourage. What they demand is equity, which means they should be given privilege or preference over others because they are somehow seen as oppressed.Ā 

42 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Maybe it has been? My argument is against the original poster for accusing the player of homophobia when he has no idea why the plain armband has been chosen. Players should be free to speak up for certain causes if they wish, they shouldnā€™t be pressured into doing so then abused if they choose not to forĀ whatever reasonĀ 

If you wanna hear real homophobia just ask him what his holy book the Quran says about LGBT Issues and ask him what the punishment forĀ  homosexual activity is in Muslim countries governed by Sharia law..

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

If you wanna hear real homophobia just ask him what his holy book the Quran says about LGBT Issues and ask him what the punishment forĀ  homosexual activity is in Muslim countries governed by Sharia law..

Itā€™s fairly well documented that most Muslim countries arenā€™t big fans of bum fun so Iā€™m not really sure what point youā€™re trying to prove

3 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Itā€™s fairly well documented that most Muslim countries arenā€™t big fans of bum fun so Iā€™m not really sure what point youā€™re trying to prove

Just curious if he agrees with his religion he claims to follow that the death penalty should be given to those who are LGBT is all. Given we are on about homophobia fair to say that kind of homopohiba is about as extreme as you can get

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 hour ago, Rock The Boat said:

The thing is, they don't ask for equality. Equality is where everyone has a chance of improving themselves, and is a very good thing to encourage. What they demand is equity, which means they should be given privilege or preference over others because they are somehow seen as oppressed.Ā 

Who is "they"?

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just curious if he agrees with his religion he claims to follow that the death penalty should be given to those who are LGBT is all. Given we are on about homophobia fair to say that kind of homopohiba is about as extreme as you can get

Heā€™s made no comment on the matter so we donā€™t know his reasons. I donā€™t really care what he believes, as long as he doesnā€™t doesnā€™t go round abusing the gays he can think what he likesĀ 

5 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Looks like someone bought Jim Davidson's joke book for Christmas.

Big Break was fantastic!Ā 

On 11/12/2023 at 19:46, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Anti-homophobia is not politics; it's human rights. Same goes for anti-racism campaigns.

Ā 

Im afraid in this modern world that anti homophobia is politics

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

Im afraid in this modern world that anti homophobia is politics

The trans debate is an inherently political question though, as the wants of one group directly impacts the needs of another such as in female sport.

Therefore wearing an emblem that is linked to one side of that debate can then be portrayed as taking sides or supporting that sides position

antiĀ homophobia is a bullsthte term. go and look at the laws that are being passed around the worldĀ  in russiaĀ  in poland the obvious in the islamic worldĀ  Ā  homophobia is spreading especially in americaĀ Ā Ā 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mastoola said:

antiĀ homophobia is a bullsthte term. go and look at the laws that are being passed around the worldĀ  in russiaĀ  in poland the obvious in the islamic worldĀ  Ā  homophobia is spreading especially in americaĀ Ā Ā 

If you remembered the world in the 1960s andĀ 1970s youā€™d know that, comparatively, homophobia is now verging on non-existent.

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

If you remembered the world in the 1960s andĀ 1970s youā€™d know that, comparatively, homophobia is now verging on non-existent.

The war was won, which is why groups such as Stonewall started pushing the trans arguments instead in an attempt to keep the donations rolling inĀ 

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 19:22, Positive_Canary said:

Interesting choice of captain when so many others would surely support inclusion in the national sport.

TBH I couldnt careless. Rainbow armband or not.

3 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Wonder if these countries have something in common?

17587.jpeg

3 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

comparatively, homophobia is now verging on non-existent.

Ā 

46 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

The war was won

Not in the world of professional men's football, where there are still no players who feel able to be out

2 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Ā 

Not in the world of professional men's football, where there are still no players who feel able to be out

To be fair, I'd argue that 99% of homosexual footballers don't want to talk about it with the media etc - I would imagine within clubs it's relatively obvious based on relationships outside of football etc and spending time with teammates.

I don't like the media's desperation for players to out themselves because we all know the media aren't doing it for the good of that person, but just for a story.Ā 

Of course you could be right about some but my honest opinion is most just don't want any attention put on it, positive or otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I donā€™t really see the big deal with this, surely inclusion means including and accepting people who donā€™t share the same views are you. Freedom of speech and choice doesnā€™t just mean freedom and choice on just the things you agree with. No one really knows why heā€™s declined to wear it but itā€™s certainly no reason to be calling him out for his choice. In fact Iā€™d rather someone be honest with their actions like that than hypocritical like Henderson who then went and joined the Saudis.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Fen Canary said:

The war was won, which is why groups such as Stonewall started pushing the trans arguments instead in an attempt to keep the donations rolling inĀ 

Agreed, after the Equality Act in 2010 and the Marriage Act 2013, justness had been achieved as these were relatively popular views for equal rights all parties, especially for those with protected characteristics.

However, the trans debate being spearheaded by groups such as Stonewall is asking for rights for a tiny minority, which directly detriments the rights of all females: Many hold this popular view and are vocal on it, such as JK Rowling and Martina Navratilova, however certain parts of MSM have attempted (and failed) to ostracise and cancel them for their views.

• Like 1

Who would have thought it ?

All life here on the Pinkun Forum. Politics, Racism, Religion. The world put to rights.

But we have not heard sexism or did I miss it ?

But I am a traditionalist. I like to keep the thread around NCFC.

How are the girlsĀ teams doing ?

Ā 

8 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wonder if these countries have something in common?

17587.jpeg

Ooh, itā€™s on the tip of my tongue. Ā What is the common factor? Ā I just canā€™t quite remember. Ā Perhaps I should ask someone from ā€œQueers for Palestineā€.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1