KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich v Preston****

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't like this constant criticism (scapegoating almost) of Onel Hernandez. We have had some famous moments from him and with him in the side over the seasons. He has been one of the sounder acquisitions of the last years.

Additionally, he's a massive trier and a fan's favourite. He has his strengths and skills.

Having said that, him in the starting eleven these days is unwarranted. He still deserves a place on the bench, though, imo. His value as an impact sub is established, for the time being at least.

Overall, Argos owes the club nothing and has been an exemplary pro. He deserves a decent move at the end of the season, either at home or abroad.

yes you are right of course but it is like when we sign a striker who very low scoring stats ,

where does it end ? we need players who have a end product the 4 attacking players should be Assisting and scoring that is their main job ,

hard work and closing down is a given but they will get the best chances to score and best positioned to make chances 

when you have a player in that top 4 and they do neither assist many or score it is time for someone else to get the chance to perform 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I, for one, haven't quite yet given up on top six. It varies though. Recent results have re-established this somewhat disillusioned stance.

I am pinning great hopes on a new year up turn in fortunes with new signings, Sargent and a new young manager all installed.

If we get a new Manager installed for the window a few (  help the lads signings )  anything is possible ,

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I, for one, haven't quite yet given up on top six. It varies though. Recent results have re-established this somewhat disillusioned stance.

I am pinning great hopes on a new year up turn in fortune with signings, Sargent and a new young manager all installed..

Love to know why you and some fans are happy for us chasing this promotion.    What's the point.... We've done that for the past two seasons at the complete expense of any development whatsoever and consequently we are in this mess with such a poor squad.  

Here's a question, lets say we get to the play-offs (we won't) then somehow miraculously win promotion like Luton did.    What then?    This squad has one player of EPL quality, Gunn.     We don't have money, we don't have a capable recruitment team and we don't have a squad.      

Why would you want to get promoted right now?   Don't get me wrong, I want us to be in the Premier League but only if we can compete. 

What do you honestly think would happen if we went up with a squad significantly inferior to the last 2 times we went up?

What do you think they would do with that EPL money given the debt we have?     

How would this team (even with some additions) compete?   

When will we ever develop a squad that might be able to be competitive?     

Be interested in your thoughts.     For me, chasing promotion is a sure way for this team to be heading for League 1 next season.   

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

If we get a new Manager installed for the window a few (  help the lads signings )  anything is possible ,

Ditto......

Love to know why you and some fans are happy for us chasing this promotion.    What's the point.... We've done that for the past two seasons at the complete expense of any development whatsoever and consequently we are in this mess with such a poor squad.  

Here's a question, lets say we get to the play-offs (we won't) then somehow miraculously win promotion like Luton did.    What then?    This squad has one player of EPL quality, Gunn.     We don't have money, we don't have a capable recruitment team and we don't have a squad.      

Why would you want to get promoted right now?   Don't get me wrong, I want us to be in the Premier League but only if we can compete. 

What do you honestly think would happen if we went up with a squad significantly inferior to the last 2 times we went up?

Be interested in your thoughts.     For me, chasing promotion is a sure way for this team to be heading for League 1 next season.   

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Ditto......

do not get me wrong we are not ready to go up BUT if we did amazingly well and did happen

it will bring in a lot of money which is needed to rebuild ,

to start the circle again add some each year until we stick and maybe stay in PL like a Brentford etc 

That's what we should have done second time we went up added a couple of players instead of spreading the money to thin 

Webber wasted the money , Knapper might not 

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

do not get me wrong we are not ready to go up BUT if we did amazingly well and did happen

it will bring in a lot of money which is needed to rebuild ,

to start the circle again add some each year until we stick and maybe stay in PL like a Brentford etc 

That's what we should have done second time we went up added a couple of players instead of spreading the money to thin 

Webber wasted the money , Knapper might not 

Apparently we are £100m in debt, thats about what we would get for a promotion.    There is no money, there is no squad, it just doesn't stack up.   

Still wonder... 

What do you honestly think would happen if we went up with a squad significantly inferior to the last 2 times we went up?   How would we improve it?    What gives you confidence that we would do better than the last times?   

Here's another question, if we chase promotion, how do we develop our youngsters?   

Answers are all that we will struggle or we won't develop.... we will end up in a worse place, i.e. we'll keep deteriorating.

I so want Wagner to do well, but why does he go with Fassnacht & Hernandez ahead of Sainz & Rowe?

6 minutes ago, pete said:

What couldn't do with £120m, we could use it wisely for once. 

We've had that windfall twice recently, where is it now?    It gets taken by some signings and wages.      There has never been any left after the season, just a relegation and a worse team.     

We need to start developing with a patient approach and stop chasing this ridiculous fortune that gets spent in the effort to stay up.   We'd have nothing left, just an embarrasing season getting thumped and a poor squad still.   Just look at whats happened the previous times and this squad is the worst we've had since well before Farke.  

Edited by ged in the onion bag

22 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I've never really understood this gnashing of teeth when the line up is announced. Save the whinging for after the game if its merited.

Let’s face it, when Delia, Wagner or Adam Idah open their front door in the morning, someone will start a thread on here complaining that they should have gone out the back.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

We need to start developing with a patient approach and stop chasing this ridiculous fortune that gets spent in the effort to stay up.   We'd have nothing left, just an embarrasing season getting thumped and a poor squad still.   Just look at whats happened the previous times and this squad is the worst we've had since well before Farke.  

i am with you with that in that if we stay we in champs build a team with youngsters then go up we have a better chance ,

but if we went up say this season with Knapper with the right recruitment i would take it , the money was wasted before with MA more in control it maybe different 

8 minutes ago, Wings of a Sparrow said:

How's the match going?

I thought we started ok, but fairly even for the first 20-25 minutes. We’ve definitely been in the ascendancy since then.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete said:

ipswich 1 up

Why report on Ipswich.This is a NCFC game thread. Go on  Ipswich board and post these updates if that's who you support?

I like supporting Orient (my Dad's team) and Wrexham but don't post updates for them, Cambridge or King's Lynn

Don't get this love affair with what Ipswich are doing 

• Like 2

Just now, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Preston more than happy to sit off and soak up the pressure; need Sara to make that killer pass/run to open them up.

OTBC

FIFY

• Thanks 1

Just now, Robert N. LiM said:

Has anything happened?

Not much at all. 

Too many non existent players. Barnes, Fassnacht, Idah all too quiet.

The others are trying but we've no spark in the final third.