Pugin

Hounding Delia is unspeakably classless

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

ย 

ย 

I dont work for the club ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

That wonโ€™t wash. Of course youโ€™d deny itโ€ฆ

ย ย 

• Haha 1

My feelings on Delia are pretty mixed. I think she'sย a nice person who genuinely cares about the club. I can also confidently say she would never leave NCFC in the lurch like some mercenary owners have/would. She has also seen a relatively successful period, althoughย nothing special.ย She hasn't interfered particularly in the workings of the club and has let the football people get on with it, which is what you want from an owner.

BUT, and this is a big but, I also think she has used the club as a social outlet for her and her friends and family, and in many respects hasn't had the club's best interest at heart.ย  Ratherย its been a nice thing for her to do in her senior years,ย although I think she's convinced herself (and some on here) that this has all been selfless. I don't buy that one jot. She's loved being the owner and she has made good money on the asset whilst having a good time along the way.ย 

Ultimately, the club isn't her toy. It belongs to the fans and to the city. In reality it was time for her to go about 7 or 8 years ago and she didn't. That was for selfish reasons in my opinion, not because the 'right' person wasn'tย available. If you want to sell the club, you can and there are plenty of responsible owners out there.ย 

She should be remembered as someone who saved the club in its darkest hour, loved the club and oversaw some fun times.ย For that, I'm thankful and we all should be to a degree, but the staunch defenders are cherry-picking all her best bits and closing their eyes to some of the less-good parts. Equally the same applies to those berating her.ย 

Edited by Worthy Nigelton
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

โ€œOneโ€ isnโ€™t โ€œmanyโ€ is it ?ย 

โ€œOne too manyโ€ however seems more than a little appropriate given the recent interview.ย 

ย 

Wow, that went right over your head, didnโ€™t it.

Thereโ€™s plentyย on โ€˜Xโ€™ slating Delia and going over the top. I really donโ€™t get why youโ€™d deliberately misunderstand the simple point made, but itโ€™s your life and you can do what you want.ย 

Edited by Branston Pickle

14 minutes ago, hogesar said:

ย 

ย 

I dont work for the club ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜…

That's just something that someone who was employed by the club would say though isn't it ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

The OP is the embodiment of every thing that is wrong with this football club. And has been for a long time.

All the best.

Big Keith Scott.

ย 

Whereas binners like you are clearly what we need more of!

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

You also have to question why you leap to the defence of these people to the degree that you do every time. Vested interest perhapsย 

Or why your near 400 posts have never contained a single positive comment.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Or why your near 400 posts have never contained a single positive comment.

Not toward you they sure havenโ€™tย 

23 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

That's just something that someone who was employed by the club would say though isn't it ๐Ÿ˜‰

I mean by all accounts you've got me there...and I was doing so well.

I am Neil Adams.

Apologies for taking over from Hughton at the end of that prem season and giving Josh Murphy 10 minutes at the end of every game as my one tactic.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hogesar said:

She called them moaners, if you think it's important to be that pedantic about it.

And to be pedantic even further, she said those fans questioning the governance do not know the amount of inside workings within the football club. Certainly not the answer I'd have gone with as it doesn't help but equally I doubt she's that wrong.

Again, her comments aren't ideal but anyone calling her and old cow / hag or anything similar need to take a long look at themselves.

I do not think it is important, but you are usually a stickler for accuracy........

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

I do not think it is important, but you are usually a stickler for accuracy........

Yeah it's typically quite important when posters make big judgment calls. In the context of if calling an old woman a cow and a hag is appropriate based on if she called them either whingers or moaners....I'm not so sure.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I mean by all accounts you've got me there...and I was doing so well.

I am Neil Adams.

Apologies for taking over from Hughton at the end of that prem season and giving Josh Murphy 10 minutes at the end of every game as my one tactic.

Oh and I never condoned the name calling (just to be pedantic and accurate), I just said that picking a fight with the fans is a big mistake so you need to have an argument with somebody else about that subject.........

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Yeah it's typically quite important when posters make big judgment calls. In the context of if calling an old woman a cow and a hag is appropriate based on if she called them either whingers or moaners....I'm not so sure.

But if you are going to correct people about what was said in the AGM/in an interview etc then you need to be consistent, the moment you start getting things wrong you are just the same as the people you correct..........

I guess the 20% would roughly equate, on a good day, the the fans who travel to away games.

I would suggest that these people are likely to be, home and away, our most loyal, vocal and fervant fans.

Their expenditure outlay in going to these games, as well as home games, is far more than that of those who only go to home games.

Quite rightly, the away contingent are fully justified in venting their feelings if, after spending a lot of momey and a lot of time to support the Club they love, what they see on the pitch is unacceptable.

For reasons we can all appreciate, this has been quite evident at Watford and other away venues this season.

It could therefore be deducted that by identifying the 20% as being the problem boo boys, what Delia has actually done is to lay the blame at the door of our most loyal, and vocal, supporters whilst the 80%, who only ever turn up at Carrow Road, and neither cheer, shout, sing, or boo, are apparently just the sort of supporters she likes.

ย 

ย 

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

My feelings on Delia are pretty mixed. I think she'sย a nice person who genuinely cares about the club. I can also confidently say she would never leave NCFC in the lurch like some mercenary owners have/would. She has also seen a relatively successful period, althoughย nothing special.ย She hasn't interfered particularly in the workings of the club and has let the football people get on with it, which is what you want from an owner.

BUT, and this is a big but, I also think she has used the club as a social outlet for her and her friends and family, and in many respects hasn't had the club's best interest at heart.ย  Ratherย its been a nice thing for her to do in her senior years,ย although I think she's convinced herself (and some on here) that this has all been selfless. I don't buy that one jot. She's loved being the owner and she has made good money on the asset whilst having a good time along the way.ย 

Ultimately, the club isn't her toy. It belongs to the fans and to the city. In reality it was time for her to go about 7 or 8 years ago and she didn't. That was for selfish reasons in my opinion, not because the 'right' person wasn'tย available. If you want to sell the club, you can and there are plenty of responsible owners out there.ย 

She should be remembered as someone who saved the club in its darkest hour, loved the club and oversaw some fun times.ย For that, I'm thankful and we all should be to a degree, but the staunch defenders are cherry-picking all her best bits and closing their eyes to some of the less-good parts. Equally the same applies to those berating her.ย 

I think as SOB said accuracy and truth is important. How has 'she' made good money? Michael and Delia are about 11m out of pocket.ย 

Have they had offers to sell their shares? I'm not sure. Do we want them to sell them now? I think not for what the shares are worth would be the popular answer.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry53 said:

How do you suggest they stand down? Who will buy their shares? It's not that simple

I'm suggesting that the process of the transaction of their shares is hastened so they are no longer majority/equal

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

I think as SOB said accuracy and truth is important. How has 'she' made good money? Michael and Delia are about 11m out of pocket.ย 

Have they had offers to sell their shares? I'm not sure. Do we want them to sell them now? I think not for what the shares are worth would be the popular answer.

They're ยฃ11m in the hole even after the value of their shares is taken into account? If that is true I stand corrected, but I would be literally amazed if it is. If Ipswich in League One for the third season in a row, with the situation they were inย was worth ยฃ35m it seems implausible that we would be worth considerably less than that.ย 

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

They're ยฃ11m in the hole even after the value of their shares is taken into account? If that is true I stand corrected, but I would be literally amazed if it is. If Ipswich in League One for the third season in a row, with the situation they were inย was worth ยฃ35m it seems implausible that we would be worth considerably less than that.ย 

Are you saying they should walk away with the proceeds of those shares? It's a noble thought but not one shared by many or I doubt in any plans.

I'd settle for that. Sell them for what they're worth and, as a gesture to the 20%, give a fifth to the CSF. All those in favour?

ย 

Just now, nutty nigel said:

Are you saying they should walk away with the proceeds of those shares? It's a noble thought but not one shared by many or I doubt in any plans.

I'd settle for that. Sell them for what they're worth and, as a gesture to the 20%, give a fifth to the CSF. All those in favour?

ย 

I wouldn't expect them to walk away for free, no. They should walk away with what the shares are worth if that's what they want, if they want to show how noble they are then the fee should be enough to wipe out what they've lost over the years and a token amount more. Ultimately that is up to them.ย  Nobodyย thinks they should walk away for free... do they?!

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I wouldn't expect them to walk away for free, no. They should walk away with what the shares are worth if that's what they want, if they want to show how noble they are then the fee should be enough to wipe out what they've lost over the years and a token amount more. Ultimately that is up to them.ย  Nobodyย thinks they should walk away for free... do they?!

You'd be surprised what people think. It ranges from your belief they've made money to Delia being a binner to Delia tried to invest in the binners but Sheepshanks turned her down even that she spent the Bellamy transfer fee in catering improvements.

Truth has never been the strong suit of her critics on here. And the fact it's always 'she' speaks volumes.

ย 

• Like 1

ย 

Classic Deliaย 

Poor Stuart walked out of the door he had no idea the fans were demonstratingย  and has never heard such languageย 

( as he was pushed back insideย arguing doing a obscene gesture to the fans by his wife ! )

Edited by norfolkngood

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

ย 

Classic Deliaย 

Poor Stuart walked out of the door he had no idea the fans were demonstratingย  and has never heard such languageย 

( as he was pushed inside back doing a obscene gesture to the fans by his wife ! )

Iโ€™ve heard worse language when kids are playing football at primary school.ย 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Iโ€™ve heard worse language when kids are playing football at primary school.ย 

Iโ€™ve heard worse languageย from teachers

29 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You'd be surprised what people think. It ranges from your belief they've made money to Delia being a binner to Delia tried to invest in the binners but Sheepshanks turned her down even that she spent the Bellamy transfer fee in catering improvements.

Truth has never been the strong suit of her critics on here. And the fact it's always 'she' speaks volumes.

ย 

They have made money on the asset. What has 'she' got to do with anything?

29 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

ย 

The fact itโ€™s always โ€œsheโ€. Have a day off, FFS. Would you rather she was referred to as they?ย 

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Iโ€™ve heard worse languageย from teachers

I've heard worse language from twats.

(Sorry, that's a callback to another thread from earlier.)

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

A very good call....now....Red or White or maybe a Sherry or Port?....

Delia Say's a pint of each please!ย 

Edited by stratton canary
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow, that went right over your head, didnโ€™t it.

Thereโ€™s plentyย on โ€˜Xโ€™ slating Delia and going over the top. I really donโ€™t get why youโ€™d deliberately misunderstand the simple point made, but itโ€™s your life and you can do what you want.ย 

Ha ha . Thatโ€™s great Branston . Itโ€™s my life . That got to be the best put down Iโ€™ve ever heard. ย Put me right in my place .ย 
Enjoy X by the way. I. Have no idea what that is but it sounds great.ย 
ย