Sign in to follow this  
Soldier on

Anyone going to the AGM next week ?

I'm planning on going. I'd expect to see Mark Attanansio there seeing as hes now a major shareholder.  

I hope they explain a bit about this 3 year stuff as I'm still not really any wiser!

Sadly not this time, but I’d be interested to hear how, given that they make such a big play on having a three-year rolling cash flow forecast, why last season there was the need for a £31m debt financing provision of £33,637,200?

Either the original budget forecast was way off track, or someone was expecting a hefty summer transfer receipt, which wasn’t forthcoming.

3 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Will there be a stream?

According to one source Carrow Road is expected to be 1 of 9 grounds to suffer annual flooding by 2050. 

Just in case the climate change predictions are more awry than your recollections of Carlisle's season in the top division, it may be best to follow the meeting paper guidance on tuning in from home.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, essex canary said:

According to one source Carrow Road is expected to be 1 of 9 grounds to suffer annual flooding by 2050. 

Just in case the climate change predictions are more awry than your recollections of Carlisle's season in the top division, it may be best to follow the meeting paper guidance on tuning in from home.

The climate doesn’t put me off. We’re hardy souls in the blankets. Underwater more often than not anyway.

Now about those tickets in the AD’s area…

2 hours ago, GMF said:

Sadly not this time, but I’d be interested to hear how, given that they make such a big play on having a three-year rolling cash flow forecast, why last season there was the need for a £31m debt financing provision of £33,637,200?

Either the original budget forecast was way off track, or someone was expecting a hefty summer transfer receipt, which wasn’t forthcoming.

And the time between Richens' video where he stated that cash flow was budgeted and no further finance was required (mid-November 22) to the time of the agreement of Attanasio's injection (agreed 26 January 23) was less than 2 months! Oh yes, there was a transfer window wasn't there, Cantwell went for a song, Aarons and Omo stayed! 

28 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Brown Nosers should be be obvious without lifting nostrils many degrees. 

In your armchair dreamworld that may be the case. In the reality of the real world you won't tell people apart.

I rarely miss the AGM and see loads of posters when I'm there. Not many do anything. Just sit there. In silence. VOS usually speaks and his question, like his company, is always joyful. Essex may ask about roadshows or something. The only one I really remember speaking out was the guy Big Vince claimed to be.

Like at the football, when you manage to make a game, you happy clap away like everyone else. No protesting from you. No protesting from those who enjoy a good old virtual protest on here.

I was planning to but there is now not much point as unfortunately the EFL has not yet cleared me as a fit and proper person to be Attanasio’s new director.

• Haha 3

Yes I will attend, I wish tell them of my disappointment and fail of a board with no back bone,to make difficult decisions, for the best of this club. It's not a family club what's a family club mean?. As I have said before this will be my last year as a season ticket holder. Enough is enough. 

46 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

In your armchair dreamworld that may be the case. In the reality of the real world you won't tell people apart.

I rarely miss the AGM and see loads of posters when I'm there. Not many do anything. Just sit there. In silence. VOS usually speaks and his question, like his company, is always joyful. Essex may ask about roadshows or something. The only one I really remember speaking out was the guy Big Vince claimed to be.

Like at the football, when you manage to make a game, you happy clap away like everyone else. No protesting from you. No protesting from those who enjoy a good old virtual protest on here.

People may feel uncomfortable about asking questions in that environment but what would be the point of the meeting without questions.?We had the option to submit them in writing by the end of today. I filled my page of A4 and submitted in the hope - not necessarily expectation- that the Board will reflect on business policy questions ahead of the meeting. Perhaps the hope maybe a little more optimistic in the light of the Board changes. Their recent technique of glancing at each other to decide who is going to bat away that googly is amateurish in extremis.

From that point I will sit back and listen. Just like last year though the roadshows may be a good point to go back to. I had some success on this yet the Yarmouth one was hardly pursued with great enthusiasm. They are clearly a vehicle for including young supporters which the AGM can't do unless and until they renew the shareholder initiative in some way or wind it up and rely on roadshows alone.

17 minutes ago, essex canary said:

People may feel uncomfortable about asking questions in that environment but what would be the point of the meeting without questions.?We had the option to submit them in writing by the end of today. I filled my page of A4 and submitted in the hope - not necessarily expectation- that the Board will reflect on business policy questions ahead of the meeting. Perhaps the hope maybe a little more optimistic in the light of the Board changes. Their recent technique of glancing at each other to decide who is going to bat away that googly is amateurish in extremis.

From that point I will sit back and listen. Just like last year though the roadshows may be a good point to go back to. I had some success on this yet the Yarmouth one was hardly pursued with great enthusiasm. They are clearly a vehicle for including young supporters which the AGM can't do unless and until they renew the shareholder initiative in some way or wind it up and rely on roadshows alone.

Totally agree. I was not saying what should or shouldn't happen. I was just saying what I'd seen and heard at AGMs. There's far too much dishonest armchairery on here. 

Now, back to the area the ADs sit. Am I right in thinking those STs are over a grand a pop these days?

52 minutes ago, slaphead said:

Yes I will attend, I wish tell them of my disappointment and fail of a board with no back bone,to make difficult decisions, for the best of this club. It's not a family club what's a family club mean?. As I have said before this will be my last year as a season ticket holder. Enough is enough. 

And I already know who will applaud earnestly…

Where is your seat by the way? 

Edited by Duncan Edwards

12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Totally agree. I was not saying what should or shouldn't happen. I was just saying what I'd seen and heard at AGMs. There's far too much dishonest armchairery on here. 

Now, back to the area the ADs sit. Am I right in thinking those STs are over a grand a pop these days?

The answer to the last question is around £1500. If you look at the AFC Wimbledon example I posted today the interest alone for a similar investment would be £750 aside from utilising your initial investment. In fairness of course in their case shares are a different option to a 25 year ticket. Equally Wimbledon rightly in potentially offering the 25 year option are not expecting to take advantage of people's life expectancy and in doing so show total respect for the supporters family. Basically unlike us Wimbledon are managing their fan finance schemes and treating everyone equally relative to the size of investment including smaller investors such as yourself.

10 hours ago, essex canary said:

The answer to the last question is around £1500. If you look at the AFC Wimbledon example I posted today the interest alone for a similar investment would be £750 aside from utilising your initial investment. In fairness of course in their case shares are a different option to a 25 year ticket. Equally Wimbledon rightly in potentially offering the 25 year option are not expecting to take advantage of people's life expectancy and in doing so show total respect for the supporters family. Basically unlike us Wimbledon are managing their fan finance schemes and treating everyone equally relative to the size of investment including smaller investors such as yourself.

Are you now campaigning for your “seat for life” to be limited to just 25 years?

Seriously though, the Wimbledon bond was launched after the NCFC bond, which was one of the first of its kind. Subsequent schemes have varied considerably, so to castigate the Club for their particular scheme does have hints of hindsight on your part.

17 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I normally turn up with no intention to speak. But when Delia receives a request for a supporter representative on the Board and replies "no need as I and Michael are supporters" I struggle to remain seated as my very old supporter blood pressure rises rapidly !! Anyway I will keep quiet this year as according to the very glossy 77 page Annual Report we have received everything in the garden seems rosy !!

On 24/11/2023 at 16:36, The Raptor said:

I'm planning on going. I'd expect to see Mark Attanansio there seeing as hes now a major shareholder.  

I hope they explain a bit about this 3 year stuff as I'm still not really any wiser!

Expect all the brown noses are filling their flasks and getting their camping equipment out to make sure they are on the front row to be in awe of the BOD on the top table

Pass the sick bucket