Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Andy Omo

What a totally pointless move, okay probably made a bob or two but not only has he not made a first team appearance but can’t even make the bench 

• Like 1

What's worse is that he was isolated from the playing squad while we waited to sell him on. 

Absolutely starved of game time, this is the modern game unfortunately.  It's more about amassing chess pieces I think.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Soldier on said:

Guessing we won’t get add ons for them staying up if he doesn’t play ?

Probably why Forest are holding him back and to make matters worse included Hwang in the deal.

Can't help thinking we lost the plot last window what with signing a load of old timers, two of which got injured.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Probably why Forest are holding him back and to make matters worse included Hwang in the deal.

Can't help thinking we lost the plot last window what with signing a load of old timers, two of which got injured.

There is no way they are refusing to play him due to add ons. If they thought he'd improve them he'd be in the team, staying up is worth so much more than any add ons they might owe us.

I really feel like the last transfer window took the squad further away from where we want it to be. The issue is that we won't be able to sign players like the ones we sold. We didn't get great value and we're looking weak in those areas.

• Like 1

It’s conspiracy worthy that he has not even been on the bench yet? He is not injured right?

The question is what is the conspiracy? My bet is they spend the money solely to offload Hwang.

38 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You understand that young players get injured too?  As we find out regularly enough.

1 hour ago, Soldier on said:

Guessing we won’t get add ons for them staying up if he doesn’t play ?

I couldn't believe Forest were prepared to pay that much for him initially. Never saw a complete player in him personally. I think Webber did very well with that deal.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Well, we all know we needed the money. That's pretty much it.

Same will come for both Rowe and Sara in time

That’s our model though isn’t it? Buy cheap, grow in the academy then sell on. 

• Like 1

Doesn’t matter how many apps he makes for Forest, we will still be entitled to the £5m payment if they stay up.

• Like 1

I think it was good business.  We moved on Andy O, he was keen to go.  He wasn’t getting into our team at the time and it allowed Warner in particular to get some game time.  Which so far has been mixed, but he has some potential.

14 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

My bet is they spend the money solely to offload Hwang.

That makes absolutely no sense.

You think they spent a reported figure of up to £11m in order to make a one year loan deal happen?

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

That makes absolutely no sense.

You think they spent a reported figure of up to £11m in order to make a one year loan deal happen?

I don't think Ulf was being serious.

Forest had been interested in Omo for a while. They effectively got Omo and Hwang for an initial £15m. You can net that off for add-ons if applicable but even then it's an excellent bit of business, especially as we're probably chipping in Hwang's wages too.

We should have sold him with a loan back for a season if you can still do that ? 

Might as well of played Big Andy O upfront instead of Hwang 

4 hours ago, Newtopia said:

I think it was good business.  We moved on Andy O, he was keen to go.  He wasn’t getting into our team at the time and it allowed Warner in particular to get some game time.  Which so far has been mixed, but he has some potential.

What!     He wasn’t getting in the team… Wagners picking it for crying out loud.    He was the future, very very likely better than Gibson, Hanley, Batth and definitely Duffy.    As usual, when he did play he had no decent partner and no one in front for protection.     

As for Warner, he’s literally played a couple of minutes and certainly only out of desperation on Wagners part, nothing to do with Omo’s sale.     They should both be playing.    

As for the money, whatever we have received so far, that’s either lost to debt or sitting doing nothing while the squad fails. 

Not good business at all.   

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Newtopia said:

He wasn’t getting into our team at the time

He went from team captain cameos end of previous season, to not being picked the following. 

I think he was very much isolated from playing to minimise the chance of injury, AO had sale written all over him the minute the club worked on the promo that they put out across youtube/social media in my opinion..

Promoting how great he is, and how he's working on become club captain.  In hindsight it's clear this was all well worked methods of throwing perceived value into him, and Forest took the bait.

But to think that the coach didn't want to select him is really misguided, in my opinion anyway.  He was never available for selection through fear of what may happen to him.  Meanwhile, Southampton quite happy to field the likes of Ward-Prowse. 

I think this demonstrates our small time mentality that hangs around us. 

The same happened start of the season with Rashica coming back, and Aaron's not being played, Tzolis being overlooked.  Arguably those 4 could be considered some of our better squad players, yet deliberately isolated from the playing squad to get out them out the door.  All because they are saleable assets.

It's no wonder that a few injuries have completely turned this season on it's head, really.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

He went from team captain cameos end of previous season, to not being picked the following. 

I think he was very much isolated from playing to minimise the chance of injury, AO had sale written all over him the minute the club worked on the promo that they put out across youtube/social media in my opinion..

Promoting how great he is, and how he's working on become club captain.  In hindsight it's clear this was all well worked methods of throwing perceived value into him, and Forest took the bait.

But to think that the coach didn't want to select him is really misguided, in my opinion anyway.  He was never available for selection through fear of what may happen to him.  Meanwhile, Southampton quite happy to field the likes of Ward-Prowse. 

The same happened start of the season with Rashica coming back, and Aaron's not being played, Tzolis being overlooked.  Arguably those 4 could be considered some of our better squad players, yet deliberately isolated from the playing squad to get out them out the door.  All because they are saleable assets.

It's no wonder that a few injuries have completely turned this season on it's head, really.

I wouldn’t put it past Wagner to not select him on merit but this all makes total sense.

37 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I'm not sure about this.

Rashica and Aarons I agree- they were clearly not going to be playing for us this season. With Rashica, how much this was him not wanting to play for us and how much was us just wanting to cut our losses I don't know. Aarons, his contract was up so it made sense to move him on and get something rather than lose him for nothing.

Tzolis got his chance in pre season- he certainly wasn't protected from the possibility of injury. It just seems like Wagner wanted one last look at didn't fancy him.

4 hours ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I don't think Ulf was being serious.

Correct.

But it’s a mystery right Forest have paid 11 million rising to 20 potentially for the guy and he can’t get in there first 18 players despite being home grown.

On one side is that just where football is now? A team just outside the relegation zone in the premier league is picking off “promising” players for massive fees with little pathway to there first team.

Or is there is a story here. Could Forest have cash flow problems meaning they can’t effort to play him due to instalments for other players not arriving or the deal is structured in such a that not making an appearances is better for them in the long run.

Or is he not that good.

13 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Correct.

But it’s a mystery right Forest have paid 11 million rising to 20 potentially for the guy and he can’t get in there first 18 players despite being home grown.

On one side is that just where football is now? A team just outside the relegation zone in the premier league is picking off “promising” players for massive fees with little pathway to there first team.

Or is there is a story here. Could Forest have cash flow problems meaning they can’t effort to play him due to instalments for other players not arriving or the deal is structured in such a that not making an appearances is better for them in the long run.

Or is he not that good.

With no expertise whatsoever, I suspect it is probably a mix of the first and the latter. 

42 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

Correct.

Or is he not that good.

I'd also suggest, based on the timing, that he was maybe a bit of a panic buy and the manager doesn't rate him in the way others do.

I did read on the thread from the Forest forum that he had suffered a family bereavement so maybe that plays into it too.  

On 21/11/2023 at 19:46, Capt. Pants said:

Forest perspective on things below. It's a depressing read tbh, although a 13 page thread for someone yet to play for them is impressive.

There's also a thread on Hwang if you scroll around 😂

page-6

https://www.forestforum.co.uk/index.php?threads/andrew-omobamidele.51092/page-6

Quick skim people seem to be saying he has potential but is not ready to play in the Prem yet and needs game time, makes sense really.  The old problem about it being harder to bring through younger players when you're in the Prem, it's much easier to get them starting in the Champs.