Sign in to follow this  
Myra Hawtree

Danial Farke and Sam Byram

Very strange how someone with such a poor injury record is now a first team starter with another club. Makes you wonder about our poor "luck" with injured players.

Just now, alex_ncfc said:

Very strange how someone with such a poor injury record is now a first team starter with another club. Makes you wonder about our poor "luck" with injured players.

What does it make you wonder? 

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

What does it make you wonder? 

Why a player who was here for 3-4 years was barely off the treatment table but is now injury free at another club, perhaps? Poor training methods or poor physiotherapy staff, I don't know, but he's a quality full back who should have played a lot more for us.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, alex_ncfc said:

Why a player who was here for 3-4 years was barely off the treatment table but is now injury free at another club, perhaps? Poor training methods or poor physiotherapy staff, I don't know, but he's a quality full back who should have played a lot more for us.

Farke was coaching him here

• Like 1

I Remember this happen a few years ago at a PL club players were getting injured muscle strains etc 

if memory is correct they found something wrong with training pitch ?? Arsenal or Everton ? 

Edited by norfolkngood

I know it might seem far fetched but Bryam made 20ish appearances in each of his last two seasons here.

My Leeds supporting friend raves about him I always thought he was a class act when fit.

If he is past his more persistent long term injuries (not the hamstring strains mentioned above) then I'm really pleased for him. He's a great player and from everything I've read a true pro. He deserves a bit more luck in his career. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Myra Hawtree said:

Article in the i newspaper today about Leeds with quotes from Sam Byram, who now seems to be injury free.  Could hardly bear to read it!!

Happens to every injured player ever at Norwich 

1 hour ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Farke was coaching him here

Don’t let facts get in the way of a conspiracy!

He was always good enough if he could only shake off the injuries - but we were never going to be able to risk giving him another contract.  I said all along that Sod’s Law dictates that he’d get sorted and do well wherever he went.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

He had a fair number of injuries at West Ham which is why he cost only £750,000 so I think it’s just a co-incidence.

I don’t want to put the mockers on him but I’ll be surprised if something else doesn’t flare up soon.

Absolutely.

He was an excellent player before he came here and if it were not for his injury record, he wouldn't have been here. We paid much less than his true value, simply because of his injuries. 

Good luck to the guy

• Like 3

3 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

Perhaps, (as well as what others have stated about his injuries at wet spam) because he was such quality we felt he needed to be played as soon as he looked fit, when really he needed a bit longer to fully get over his injuries...

3 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

I’ve heard that Delia gets final say on what treatments players receive and their rehab. When you look at the mess of the rest of the club, wonder no more.

Still, at least she baked that cake on that Rolling Stones album or whatever, when she wasn’t being a binner. 

• Haha 3

Also worth pointing out that (from memory) he had a couple of decent runs in the first team while he was here. The problem was that when he picked up an injury it ruled him out for an extended period each time. As has been pointed out we were able to sign him because of his injury record so it comes with the territory. 

Edited by Gordon Bennett

15 hours ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

Don’t grumble - after all we have the excellent PP to play at LB now!! 

Byram is naturally a right back, but like Aarons, he can play on either side. In fact, Byram came on or started at right back on some occasions with Aarons at left back.

Byram has always been a quality player, one with the ability to have been pushing for the England team had injuries not blighted his career. Age can impact on some injuries too, some become less some become more. I'm happy that he has been able to be injury free long enough to get a proper run of games. IMHO easily the best all-round defender we had when fit.

The injury thing would make sense if all of the injuries were the same type of injury or that players didn't have them pre-existing. So that conspiracy doesn't really add up at all.

As has been pointed out, had Byram been fit and playing regularly for West Ham I very much suspect he would have been in some England squads and possibly signed for a bigger club (West Ham were not as successful then as now).

If anything, I think Matt Jarvis proves that perhaps there were issues with West Ham rather than us.

Byram is an important player for Leeds so they're being very careful with him, it will be an absolute bonus if he ends up playing 25/30 games this season.

28 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

Byram is an important player for Leeds so they're being very careful with him, it will be an absolute bonus if he ends up playing 25/30 games this season.

It will be a miracle.

He did manage a couple of half decent runs in the team while he was at Carrow Rd but I don’t think he got near double figures in either of them.

Wrap him in cotton wool or whatever unfortunately he seems to be so injury prone that fans never get to fully see a very talented player.

He's a good Prem standard player without those injuries. When he was fit, he looked good. I can see Leeds probably have him covered in bubble wrap.