cambridgeshire canary

Wagner finally speaks about Batth

This is more concerning:

DW on Delia and Michael's phone call: "It meant a lot to me. I knew I had the full support of the owners and the board, but Delia and Michael picked up the phone at the right moment. It's not only about backing me, the most important thing is that they see the reasons why we're in this situation the same way I see it. It's great to have owners like this, and it shows that they care about the club. But we need results, and it's still a results-driven business. It was a very good conversation."

26 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

This is more concerning:

Is it?  Or is it more indicative that they realise the problems may be with the SD before the coach?  I'd say that's a good sign.

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Is it?  Or is it more indicative that they realise the problems may be with the SD before the coach?  I'd say that's a good sign.

What if the problem is actually with neither but it’s with the owners who don’t realise they are the actual problem? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

What if the problem is actually with neither but it’s with the owners who don’t realise they are the actual problem? 

Well, as long as the finger gets pointed further up the tree we'll get there eventually won't we(?!).

Perhaps that's Knapper's first job, to shrug and point his finger in the air? :classic_biggrin:

22 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Well, as long as the finger gets pointed further up the tree we'll get there eventually won't we(?!).

Perhaps that's Knapper's first job, to shrug and point his finger in the air? :classic_biggrin:

Like Billy Bowden the cricket umpire 

1 hour ago, shefcanary said:

This is more concerning:

DW on Delia and Michael's phone call: "It meant a lot to me. I knew I had the full support of the owners and the board, but Delia and Michael picked up the phone at the right moment. It's not only about backing me, the most important thing is that they see the reasons why we're in this situation the same way I see it. It's great to have owners like this, and it shows that they care about the club. But we need results, and it's still a results-driven business. It was a very good conversation."

This is exactly why I think a lot on here are getting ahead of themselves in assuming that Knapper starting = Wagner gone. 

Of course both Webber and Wagner are at fault. They both should be gone. But we’ve only got 50% thus far 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not really just wondering why we are paying wages to someone who's not being played.

Especially with injuries and clearly bad form. Something doesn’t add up 

The solution has been play him instead of either Duffy or Gibson but even when the opportunity arose Wagner did not take it.

"....... the most important thing is that they see the reasons why we're in this situation the same way I see it."

What piffle. They are deluding themselves by seeking excuses for their particular roles in bringing about the car crash.

Yes! Vital injuries, we know all that, but all clubs have these and City were particularly under-prepared to cover those vital areas in the first place.

The 'reasons we're in this situation' are many. A significant one of the many has become hanging on to an inadequate manager for far too long. 

• Like 3

Has he found a CDM in the squad yet who can actually sit in front of the back four, giving protection and breaking up play, subsequently passing the ball to our more creative players? Nothing much will change in his favour until he does. 

This Press Conference comes from a parallel universe……..

on the other hand a personal phone call from D&M could be construed as the dreaded vote of (no)confidence…..and Ben Knapper’s talk of keeping going smacks of someone telling an innocent on the precipice to, go on, take one more step backwards…

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not really just wondering why we are paying wages to someone who's not being played.

Lastest rumour on Facebook is if he plays we have to cough up more money!!! 

Now where have I heard that before.... Oh yes Norwich City! 

8 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Don't Dilly dally ( daly ) with your comments! 

Excellent 

A complete waste of a decent player.... So unless another club tap him up it seems they'd rather not use Baath to plug the hole in our defence, and come January this current shower of a club will sell Baath to the highest bidet and faucet through....so as not to continue to drain our finances.... 

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

And did he really say the others were playing well?

"It hasn’t been easy for him since he arrived as he was cup-tied for Fulham. Our centre backs were playing well."

37 minutes ago, stratton canary said:

Lastest rumour on Facebook is if he plays we have to cough up more money!!! 

Now where have I heard that before.... Oh yes Norwich City! 

Wasn't he a free agent? He would have agreed terms based on being a first team squad member who is expected to play if fit and if the coach selects him. You do tend to get more conspiracies when clubs are failing. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Canary said:

If he doesn't play tomorrow then something is not right

Had to check that as I thought were playing on saturday

• Haha 1

'Our centre backs were playing well. I am happy to have him in the building. I will close my eyes and have no fear about playing him.'

What nonsense is this? Have I woken up in some surreal parallel universe?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

'Our centre backs were playing well. I am happy to have him in the building. I will close my eyes and have no fear about playing him.'

What nonsense is this? Have I woken up in some surreal parallel universe?

There is something clearly wrong withy that man.

Never have I heard a City manager talk such tripe.

How do these people land these important highly paid jobs? Only in football? 

He's useless.

Edited by BroadstairsR