Sign in to follow this  
City 2nd

Wagner is toast!

3 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I'd be very surprised if it wasn't someone whom Knapper has worked with at Arsenal.

We may well never have heard of him but that's probably not a bad thing - no baggage.

Yeah, somebody like Per Mertesacker who heads up the Arsenal Academy. 

Plus, as a really slow former central defender, he could work his magic on Duffy, Gibson and Baaatth'h. 

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I don’t want Lampard but to play devils advocate at this level when in charge of Derby he had a pretty decent record with a win rate of 41%. It only seems to be at Prem level he struggled. 

If they appointed him I would give him the same level of support I would any new manager. 

Quite agree, he wouldn't be my choice but was decent at this level last time. Chelsea too big for him and Everton a basket case.

I expect it will be someone outside the box though.

If Knapper has any inclination to change the manager, Wagner must go today.

Absolutely no benefit in keeping Wagner on knowing he is a dead man walking. 

Beginning to feel really sorry for DW now. No one should be put through this situation. 

Are you happy Delia? Are you proud of the way this is panning out!!

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Lampard [...] is quite a deep thinker

At quite a bleak time for this club I needed a laugh. Thanks for that.

• Haha 1

Really hope our next coach is an up-and-coming youngish coach for whom Norwich is the biggest job of their career so far. That's always been the model that's worked for us in recent years -

Worthy, Neil, Lambert, Farke - yes.

Roeder, Smith, Wagner, no.

• Like 5

Maybe it's not such a bad idea, maybe this is his level. He done ok at Derby while there, has decent connections (they had mount on loan etc) 

Just because he's not up to managing in the PL and failed at Chelsea and everton (both massive jobs compared to us) doesn't mean he can't do a job in the champs, maybe it's the fresh start he needs as much as the type person we need, someone who's played at the top of the game and expects more from his players and who theoretically should command respect of the players just by name alone. 

Who knows 🤷 if he comes in we have to back him until he gives us a reason not to. It could go horribly wrong or it could be great business. 

Dont know why you all getting excited- I spoke to the tea lady and she has inside info and that Wagner will remain in place for the foreseeable future. well until the Ipswich game - lol

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Unfortunately both our stock has declined since then.

If he didn't want a struggling PL club then he definitely won't want the car crash we currently are. Unless, he sees it as a chance to really get in and build. 

Personally I think the bookies just realised we're about to change manager and he was a great investment for them the last time. Hence why Knutsen is also in there (no chance)

Indeed - Curbishley was still touted at around 20/1 for every managerial vacancy that came up years after he effectively retired.

1 hour ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Quite agree, he wouldn't be my choice but was decent at this level last time. Chelsea too big for him and Everton a basket case.

I expect it will be someone outside the box though.

Derby were no better positioned after his stint than before. So you'd take 17th? Hambishun indeed.

17 hours ago, shefcanary said:

Derby were no better positioned after his stint than before. So you'd take 17th? Hambishun indeed.

As I said he wouldn't be my choice but he finished 6th with Derby so we could appoint worse.

Won't be him anyway so it's moot.

Is Wagner 'toast' though? I can't see anything to confirm this anywhere. Did I miss an announcement or is this just Sky Bet encouraging the snakepit divorcees to donate them some money? 

18 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:
19 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Lampard [...] is quite a deep thinker

At quite a bleak time for this club I needed a laugh. Thanks for that.

He has a bit more about him than people think

27 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Is Wagner 'toast' though? I can't see anything to confirm this anywhere. Did I miss an announcement or is this just Sky Bet encouraging the snakepit divorcees to donate them some money? 

Well, if he isn't toast yet, he's definitely brown bread hovering over the Dualit. 

If we were concerned about manager's performances at their previous clubs then we wouldn't have appointed Smith, and certainly not Wagner after the effective disaster at his 2 previous jobs.

I've no doubt Lampard will be considered if he shows interest but he has already turned us down (allegedly) so it will be down to him to make the first move.

24 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I see Nino Espírito Santo is now available. I know his wolves side had a lot of money spent on it in the championship but he would get my backing 100% if we could afford him. 

"if we could afford him"

Are you aware the main reason Wolves were able to hire him was due to them having owners worth 6 billion who could then afford to pay him super high wages?

Nevermind that his last job was in Saudi. You think we can match saudi arabian wages?

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

5 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Any takers? 

Going once 

Going twice

FB_IMG_1699438057358.jpg

It was for wearing trousers with braces on the touchline, I'm not unreliably uninformed.

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"if we could afford him"

Are you aware the main reason Wolves were able to hire him was due to them having owners worth 6 billion who could then afford to pay him super high wages?

Nevermind that his last job was in Saudi. You think we can match saudi arabian wages?

Hey a man can dream right?