Sign in to follow this  
hogesar

KNAPPER NOW STARTS NOV 13TH

Quite unbelievable but then again this is the 'hierarchy' of 'liitle old Norwich' were taking about!

TeamTalk are reporting that City's hierarchy have already drawn up a list of replacements and are ready to act if they fail to get a result in South Wales on Saturday.

It's understood that Wagner and his squad has the full support of the board ahead of this weekend's game at Cardiff

So Wagner's immediate future depends entirely (if said conjecture is correct) on Cardiff result! Almost as if the diabolical end to last season, the final league position and us sitting 17th and getting uncomfortably close to the bottom three are all irrelevant then! This a pretty much exact repeat of the refusal to act on Hughton and Worthington despite months of evidence to the contrary..  

6 minutes ago, priceyrice said:

I believe this is fake news. I saw the tweet from "TNC" yesterday and when I checked it was a fake account. I have checked again today and cannot see any such tweet from either TNC or Nick.

You’re right. My mistake for believing it. Phew, thank god. Albeit I still won’t believe he’s gone until he’s gone 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Quite unbelievable but then again this is the 'hierarchy' of 'liitle old Norwich' were taking about!

TeamTalk are reporting that City's hierarchy have already drawn up a list of replacements and are ready to act if they fail to get a result in South Wales on Saturday.

It's understood that Wagner and his squad has the full support of the board ahead of this weekend's game at Cardiff

So Wagner's immediate future depends entirely (if said conjecture is correct) on Cardiff result! Almost as if the diabolical end to last season, the final league position and us sitting 17th and getting uncomfortably close to the bottom three are all irrelevant then! This a pretty much exact repeat of the refusal to act on Hughton and Worthington despite months of evidence to the contrary..  

Baffling isn’t it. He shouldn’t have been made it this far. And should be written off regardless of what happens on Saturday 

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

I believe its a made-up post from a troll account on X, the same one currently saying Webber has chained himself to the Colney gates and won't leave.

So I'd say its very likely.

It is. My mistake. Albeit I still wouldn’t put anything past our owners 

Just now, S_81 said:

Baffling isn’t it. He shouldn’t have been made it this far. And should be written off regardless of what happens on Saturday 

Win on Saturday and sack him straight after the match Farke style? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

Sack him whatever the result, yeah. He’s done here 

7 minutes ago, S_81 said:

You’re right. My mistake for believing it. Phew, thank god. Albeit I still won’t believe he’s gone until he’s gone 

It got me on first reading as well! I very much suspect he will be gone on 13 November. Club seems happy to throw away another 3 points against Cardiff - that in itself is baffling!

Just now, priceyrice said:

It got me on first reading as well! I very much suspect he will be gone on 13 November. Club seems happy to throw away another 3 points against Cardiff - that in itself is baffling!

I still wonder if his contract has a notice period and they are basically now working it out with him. Or certainly until get the next person in.  The situation is obscure 

9 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Should have gone then,  not Daniel!  He sacked him to deflect the attention from himself. After all he commented he did not give Farke the ammunition for the PL. That said it all.

Just now, Bradwell canary said:

Should have gone then,  not Daniel!  He sacked him to deflect the attention from himself. After all he commented he did not give Farke the ammunition for the PL. That said it all.

Agreed, I can’t wait to read Farke’s memoirs when the times right. You’d believe his version of events over Webber’s every time. 

52 minutes ago, OTBC06 said:

Player Mangers aren't really a thing these days. But what about....... now, hear me out.... a "Sporting Director/Manager"!! 

2 birds, 1 stone. then you only ever have to hire and fire 1 person. Half the salary, half the payoffs.

Back in the day there WAS only one person doing all these rolls, it was called a MANAGER.  Not all this SD and first team coach cr@p.  

31 minutes ago, S_81 said:

I still wonder if his contract has a notice period and they are basically now working it out with him. Or certainly until get the next person in.  The situation is obscure 

He is on 12 months rolling....it makes no difference when it happens

• Thanks 1

Can't see Knapper coming in & keeping with Wagner especially now that Webber is off. 

He will want his own man & a style of play & not keep someone on who has failed ( given what he has to play with )  week after week. 

New men at the top hopefully a new start, just in time for December 16th. 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

It is. My mistake. Albeit I still wouldn’t put anything past our owners 

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Team talk makes things up on the regular 

The desperation to blame our owners for something that hasn't happened is baffling.

If Knapper doesn't want Wagner he will be gone irrespective of our owners views. Just like Farke was gone when the owners didn't want it - they let the SD get on and make those decisions.

35 minutes ago, BigFish said:

He is on 12 months rolling....it makes no difference when it happens

I won’t pretend to understand that. I’d have thought there’s break clauses and conditions etc. But maybe it’s we owe him 12 months regardless. 

56 minutes ago, Dame to Blame said:

Back in the day there WAS only one person doing all these rolls, it was called a MANAGER.  Not all this SD and first team coach cr@p.  

Yean, I think that was badly made point. 

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Team talk makes things up on the regular 

The desperation to blame our owners for something that hasn't happened is baffling.

If Knapper doesn't want Wagner he will be gone irrespective of our owners views. Just like Farke was gone when the owners didn't want it - they let the SD get on and make those decisions.

At this stage I can’t help but question the judgment or personal sentiment of the owners - having left Webber in place and largely unaccountable for so long. 

When/if/should Wagner go, with Knapper in, then I hope to feel differently. A new damn. Hopefully a better one than we’ve seen the past couple of years, on a number of fronts. 
And I’m realistic about the conditions in which we operate - but I just want to see a taCtically astute coach, a blend of experience and youth in the playing squad, and above all - all involved giving it 100% for the fans 

A year too late but still at lest it’s happening now, question is will Wagner be going with him after re QPR game?

I read that Webber will be either 'stepping down', or 'vacating his position'? 

Is it possible that he remains at the club in some other capacity until his contract expires (or longer), and maybe that's why he's been in Brazil to hold more of a recruitment style role?

I really could imagine the club wanting him to remain here, and also I get the impression that Attanasio's like him.  Sure Zoe's a bit of a fan, too.

Edited by Google Bot

2 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Is it possible that he remains at the club in some other capacity until his contract expires (or longer), and maybe that's why he's been in Brazil to hold more of a recruitment style role?

I really could imagine the club wanting him to remain here.

No.

2 hours ago, Dame to Blame said:

But there was no real money in the game so cloth was cut accordingly.

From sporting director downwards can anyone hazard a guess how many are employed now? 

3 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

But there was no real money in the game so cloth was cut accordingly.

From sporting director downwards can anyone hazard a guess how many are employed now? 

Don’t forget the pilots. 

53 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

I really could imagine the club wanting him to remain here, and also I get the impression that Attanasio's like him.  Sure Zoe's a bit of a fan, too.

Can't see it. Altering both Knappers start date and Webbers curtain call significantly suggests they've worked out that many fans won't let up until he's gone.

I think he was in Brazil to handle a final handover of that operation, and the club probably thought it was best he wasn't around as a distraction.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

The bit where “city’s hierarchy have already drawn up a list of replacements” worries me. 

Who exactly, if true (granted, unlikely) would that hierarchy be? Assuming Knapper would’ve had limited input up to now, who on earth in that club right now could be trusted do draw up a new coach shortlist. On that basis I think I’d almost rather keep Wagner!!!

3 hours ago, priceyrice said:

my sentiment as well. keep wagner in situ (for whatever r4eason) and give up on three points. Abso;utely mad.

2 hours ago, S_81 said:

I won’t pretend to understand that. I’d have thought there’s break clauses and conditions etc. But maybe it’s we owe him 12 months regardless. 

We do

6 minutes ago, BigFish said:

We do

Oh well, got to pay it to get rid at some stage then. May as well be now