Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Three more years, three bloody years.

Be National League by then, local derbies with Kings Lynn. D and M will be in wheel chairs, might even be beds, and still they will be hanging on.

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Be National League by then, local derbies with Kings Lynn. D and M will be in wheel chairs, might even be beds, and still they will be hanging on.

But will you be in a wheelchair?

Will you do an Alf Garnett and jump about if we score against Wealdstone?

Just now, Canary Jedi said:

Plus I heard today that even after 3 years they may still decide the Americans are not right for the club!

They might not be. But it's happening anyway.

• Like 1

I've got a horrible feeling that this 'takeover' might not be the panacea people are hoping for. I don't quite see how the club could still hold anything like the value we did when the negotiations began. 

25 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I've got a horrible feeling that this 'takeover' might not be the panacea people are hoping for. I don't quite see how the club could still hold anything like the value we did when the negotiations began. 

I don't think the boom and bust of which this season is just a part is a great problem from the point of view of the takeover. But I suspect many fans believe it will be the end of self-funding/living within our means. It won't. It will just be that instead of having comfortably the poorest owners owners in the top two divisions (that is a guess but roughly right) we will be self-funding with owners who are on a level with the other poorest owners.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Petriix said:

Lucky for the Americans they are getting their share at a fraction of the true cost of the club plus they are making money back in interest on the loans they have given to the club. When you think Sheffield United sold for £150 million and the Attanasios are getting 1/3rd of our club for 10 it doesn’t suddenly seem a bad deal. 

54 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

It’s an absolute joke. I can see MA  going the same way the Turners did.

I too have wondered about that. D and N are like parents who over love and stifle a child- nobody is good enough for their baby! 3 years and then we might say yes or no - this is the action of someone who knows they need to sell but really don’t want to…

8 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

They might not be. But it's happening anyway.

She said this in October

Delia Smith has admitted she won’t give up her 40pc share of the club if Mark Attanasio’s involvement at Carrow Road proves not to be a “good match”. 

2 hours ago, city4eva said:

She said this in October

Delia Smith has admitted she won’t give up her 40pc share of the club if Mark Attanasio’s involvement at Carrow Road proves not to be a “good match”. 

The hate against her will grow if she does that. She has no choice unless she can find a buyer for her 40%.

3 hours ago, city4eva said:

She said this in October

Yep , a statement that kills the club . And sums it up. 

11 hours ago, Petriix said:

It doesn’t and a point I made way back! MA will at some point could demand calling in the loans, the club won’t be able to raise the money and he can then probably force the hostile takeover.

I still believe the current owners have good intentions but unfortunately they don’t want to be involved in the running of the club, meaning free reign for Webbers total three year disaster, or perfect for MA and his set up! Agent Webber might have been perfect for MA!

Edited by Indy

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

It doesn’t and a point I made way back! MA will at some point could demand calling in the loans, the club won’t be able to raise the money and he can then probably force the hostile takeover.

I still believe the current owners have good intentions but unfortunately they don’t want to be involved in the running of the club, meaning free reign for Webbers total three year disaster, or perfect for MA and his set up! Agent Webber might have been perfect for MA!

Indeed and as Bridgette stated on Canary Call yesterday is that a conflict of interest for MA in that as a Board Member he should be focused on the best interests of the Football Club in the here and now yet he may have one eye on his ultimate purchase price.

4 hours ago, essex canary said:

Indeed and as Bridgette stated on Canary Call yesterday is that a conflict of interest for MA in that as a Board Member he should be focused on the best interests of the Football Club in the here and now yet he may have one eye on his ultimate purchase price.

He'd  be a fool not to, but at least it's only one eye , there are some who , despite claiming otherwise look at nothing other than the bottom line..... with both eyes, unblinking.