It’s amazing it took me one look to see McGuire was offside made a lunge at the ball playing for it and taking the defender with him and thus must be offside! Why did it take so long?

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’s amazing it took me one look to see McGuire was offside made a lunge at the ball playing for it and taking the defender with him and thus must be offside! Why did it take so long?

Because they are trying to find away TO give the goal!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Or, on the other side of the coin. They took 5 minutes to find a way NOT to give a goal.

It was a legit goal.

Maguire didn't get a touch.

"He's trying to get a touch". Yes. That's the purpose of football. The only players not wanting to touch the ball are the ones on the bench

Doesn’t matter if he didn’t get a touch he played for the ball taking the defender with him clear offside! Never a legitimate goal.

Maybe if we had the old offside rule there wouldn't be the need to debate who was doing wahat where and what to whom and where they were if they were passive, in line with the keepers vision or coming back from somewhere. Level should offside and there are no passive players. Offside is offside.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

Maybe if we had the old offside rule there wouldn't be the need to debate who was doing wahat where and what to whom and where they were if they were passive, in line with the keepers vision or coming back from somewhere. Level should offside and there are no passive players. Offside is offside.

If one of my players isn't interfering with play I want to know why. 

Brian Clough

• Like 3

What are the preferred pastimes for these VAR delays.

Go for a toilet break?

Retreat to the kitchen to make refreshments?

Maybe catch up on social media?

Take the dog for a walk?

Intently study the replays and line drawing provided?

• Haha 1

5 minutes extra time and despite no messing around the ref played 7 extra. That's the equivalent of playing an extra 18 minutes at the end of each half. I know it's not VAR related but what on earth is going on? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

24 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Technically, every goal where there's a player in an offside position should be chalked off then.

0-0s across the board.

Yes it should! If a player is in an offside position then yep easy way to control it full stop! 

10 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

A stunner by Dunk ruled out by VAR in the Brighton game.

But this one actually was offside.

Personally, I don't mind the delays. As long as the decisions are correct.

I can see where you’re coming from but actually I think the opposite.

I can put up with the occasional human error if it is immediately made in good faith on the pitch. The euphoria when a goal is scored sets football apart from pretty much any other sport. Losing that by having to wait four minutes for a decision is never worth the supposed increase in accuracy in my opinion 

• Like 3

Can they not use Hawkeye system for offsides the line drawling seems a nightmare. Even if the margin for error is a bit out at least it’s a consistent decision maker.

I suppose the idea is that offside is not an objective decision you are either offside or not but the rules don’t allow it to be that cut and dry.

Not something we are going to have to worry about for a while

And I worry even less about a mid table prem league borefess

1 hour ago, TheDarkKnight said:

A stunner by Dunk ruled out by VAR in the Brighton game.

But this one actually was offside.

Personally, I don't mind the delays. As long as the decisions are correct.

Stinks of someone who never actually goes to football. And since you're a United fan it adds up.

7 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Stinks of someone who never actually goes to football. And since you're a United fan it adds up.

He’s a grass as well

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Even if the offside player is on the far post, Miles from the keeper, and the goal Is scored at the near post?

Goals! Blah! Nasty things!

Yes offside is offside!

Yes, if a player is active on the pitch he’s involved in the play regardless of where the ball is!

The other option is do away with a rule that’s nearly impossible to police open the pitch up and do away with offside all together!

7 minutes ago, TheDarkKnight said:

Rather Draconian, but OK.

It might be but because me & you disagree on this offside and we’re certainly not alone shows it’s a rule which is open to interpretation and not logical, different set of officials might have given it! So let’s make it clear one way or the other!

Linesman's flag. That'll do for me. Quick glance and if it's not in the air we can let rip. If the goal is against us the same in reverse. They can draw all the lines they like on MOTD.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Newcastle's winning goal against Arsenal will take up most of MOTD tonight.

Worst decision of that game was not to send Bruno Guimarães off for an intentional forearm in the back of Jorginho's head. How it was not deemed violent conduct is beyond me.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Attleborough_Canary said:

Worst decision of that game was not to send Bruno Guimarães off for an intentional forearm in the back of Jorginho's head. How it was not deemed violent conduct is beyond me.

Indeed no consistency in any games, it was intention of hurting the player off the ball! I was at a recent Oxford game where the forward raised his hand to barely touch the player and got sent off, nothing like this one! Utterly effected by the home crowd, it was a straight red!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

He’s a grass as well

You're not ****ing wrong. Just returned from a ban due to the pathetic snitch that is @TheDarkKnight.

Pretty pathetic of @CSouthwell to listen to a Man Utd supporting Scottish snitch and ban an actual Carrow Road attending Norwich fan.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

You're not ****ing wrong. Just returned from a ban due to the pathetic snitch that is @TheDarkKnight.

Pretty pathetic of @CSouthwell to listen to a Man Utd supporting Scottish snitch and ban an actual Carrow Road attending Norwich fan.

As if, sorry to hear that a clearly uninformed troll banned a genuine Norwich fan. 

Engage brains, moderators.

24 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

He grasses everyone up because he’s from a long line of grasses. Man and boy.