city4eva

Booing Idah sub

29 minutes ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

I was in the Lower Barclay and it was definitely the decision to take Idah off that was being booed.  In Idah's defence last night he was getting absolutely no service.  As for Hwang - standing in an offside position then complaining that he didn't get the pass sums him up as far as I am concerned!

i also imagine after watching the leeds game where leeds were behind 

farke chucked on every attacker possible ,

could wagner have done the same ? played 2 strikers up top and went for it ?

i know it is not his style but if you are losing 1-0 you might as well chuck the kitchen sink at it and lose 2-0 but least tried everything 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Alternatively it is down to our 2 main strikers being injured at the same time, but don’t let facts get in the way of your rant.

It was hardly a rant, Barnes and Sarge getting injured has shown that the alternatives are not up to scratch, I would say the same about the replacement for Hanley, hence our squad lacks depth when injuries come around, not for the first time under Webber. I can understand giving Idah a chance, but he does not seem he is going to be the answer unfortunately, but I cannot believe we could not get somebody better than Hwang in., the  minus column for Webber just gets longer and longer..........

45 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

It was hardly a rant, Barnes and Sarge getting injured has shown that the alternatives are not up to scratch, I would say the same about the replacement for Hanley, hence our squad lacks depth when injuries come around, not for the first time under Webber. I can understand giving Idah a chance, but he does not seem he is going to be the answer unfortunately, but I cannot believe we could not get somebody better than Hwang in., the  minus column for Webber just gets longer and longer..........

There were enough people on here (and elsewhere) at the start of the season that were worried about only having 3 senior strikers, with Idah being the 3rd. Unfortunately the lack of adequate replacements is now hurting us. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

It’s come to a pretty pass when we boo because we want Idah to STAY on the pitch.

What a shambles we’ve become.

I thought nobody knew the reason for booing...

:classic_ninja:

Question that’s linked, can we return Hwang to Nottingham Forest now? He is probably on par with some of the strikers we had during Roeders time here. Would rather see someone/ anyone on the bench from our under-23s. 

9 hours ago, city4eva said:

Shocked at the booing when Idah was subbed last night and then it got louder when Hwang came on

what was the booing for ? 

I didn’t boo, my take on it was that in general the crowd did not agree with Idah coming off. I felt he’d just had his best spell in the game and then got taken off. Hwang offers absolutely nothing unfortunately. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Conrad said:

That really shows how poor we have become when 'some thought Idah was doing ok'. Few touches, no shots and no goals.

Trouble is , he's still better.  

I've never booed during a live game and believe that is the domain of the minority actually. It is surely seen as counter productive by most. 

Last night presented  areal dilemna for the boo-boys it seems. Unsure of whether to boo Adam Idah for his fairly ineffective performance or Hwang for his always ineffective performance.

The honours seem to have gone to the Korean as apparently Idah had  had a good five minutes. Unfortunately I missed this rather rare occurance as my stream went dodgy, but Hwang fully lived up to his introduction in any case.

Edited by BroadstairsR

15 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

I think the booing was for bringing Idah off when he was actually doing OK. Heard a few chants of "Idah! Idah!" from the Barclay just afterwards, so presumably they'd rather try to support our own young striker than get behind a 30-something loan player who has shown absolutely nothing of any substance in his appearances so far.

Christ didn't even know Hwang was 31. Yet another absolutely awful loan signing by Webber 

4 minutes ago, AJ said:

Christ didn't even know Hwang was 31. Yet another absolutely awful loan signing by Webber 

Webber’s on a roll isn’t he, just needs to tempt Chris Martin back to the club on a 3 year contract and his work will be done. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Chris Martin would be an upgrade on on Hwang, that is how low the bar is...........

I think you might be an upgrade on Hwang, to be fair!

42 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Chris Martin would be an upgrade on on Hwang, that is how low the bar is...........

Sign him up Webber, he knows the club well and the pubs he can drink in. 

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did Stu mention this at this at the Walks? 

You know Stu, 90% man. 

Said you were a “Stupid Cun” 

Had to choose between the space and the T.

Zoe suggested “Thick Cun*”

Thats why she gets the big bucks…

Edited by Duncan Edwards
Just gentle banter 😉👍
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Did Stu mention this at this at the Walks? 

Did he mention an emergency January loan signing in pre season? You really are as smart as you come across.

6 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

You know Stu, 90% man. 

Said you were a “Stupid Cun” 

Had to choose between the space and the T.

Zoe suggested “Thick Cun*”

Thats why she gets the big bucks…

Love it Duncan, I’ll make one up for you later. 

22 hours ago, Commonsense said:

Alternatively it is down to our 2 main strikers being injured at the same time, but don’t let facts get in the way of your rant.

And made worse by going into the season with only 3 strikers, which people said at the time was too few. Especially because it turned out we play with 2, when we can. 

But then we have to leave ourselves desperately short in one position each season and it's caught us out quite a few times now. 

Still never mind, Dodo Dave has assured us that we have adequate cover and plenty of options for the support striker role. But lets cross Gibbs out finally please - for that position anyway. 

10 hours ago, hogesar said:

I think you might be an upgrade on Hwang, to be fair!

I did answer this last night for some reason my post disappeared, so in case you did not see it I said "I am 60+, fat, asthmatic with dodgy knees and ankles so it is highly probable".........

• Haha 2

On 25/10/2023 at 09:28, Nik Vawn said:

Fair bit of booing near me when Idah went off, to be honest I thought he was being booed off but maybe it was the decision to sub him that caused it, if that's the case then its more understandable cos Idah wasn't any better or worse than the rest of them, with the odd exception.

I must be the only person in the World that thinks Hwang may have something to offer, he worked very hard when he came on which was in stark contrast to what we had been watching, its a massive change for him coming here and may not have been the right decision for Norwich, but now we have him and find ourselves in the circumstances we are now in, then give him a decent run.

Seconded.

• Like 1

Some posts on here may be open to misinterpretation, or as Bongi might say...."watter kant"......which apparently translates to "which side" !