Sign in to follow this  
KiwiScot

****Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Norwich V Leeds****

Today the love that dare not speak it's name comes to Norwich and lets hope that he receives a warm welcome. Leeds a regular 2nd division team do bring better form than ourselves, but surely we know how to unlock Farkeball. On the Ball City and Wagner!

1.jpg.e0e2ba240c172695e783d3ce93c05c36.jpg

News - Lots of Rain(Travel Safe). Sainz available, Hanley back in training. I spoke to the ticket office and there is no pay at the gate, but still selling online/phone to members and ST holders, but as of 10:05am they are nearly sold out.

Leeds Match Thread - https://www.motforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=45633&sid=fe2fa8c6d94d35b62e4e5854d05e3721

Match Preview - https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/leeds-united/preview/preview-norwich-vs-leeds-prediction-team-news-lineups_526746.html

Weekly Pups Thread - Give it a go -

I'm not local, but this thread might have some travel updates on public transport. - https://forum.pinkun.com/index.php?/topic/153956-flooding/

Edited by KiwiScot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ooh matchday thread wars. Although I had forgotten The Whites were also The Peacocks.

A close up on a peacock with feathers displayed

Match is showing as a sell out but I imagine there will be a lot who can’t attend (me included!).  I’ll watch Eng v SA on the cricket and rugby instead - reckon we’ll lose both comfortably.

I do await the usual ‘how come the attendance was given as 26800 with all those empty seats?’ comments…..

Don't fancy us with our current players available although Sainz is obviously a big positive.

With their squad, if Farke gets them performing today they should beat us.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Don't fancy us with our current players available although Sainz is obviously a big positive.

Problem if they do win is that far too many will go on about it being down to Farke rather then the fact they have what is largely a PL squad.  You’d have to be pretty poor not to get that Leeds side into the play-offs at least.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Branston Pickle said:

Problem if they do win is that far too many will go on about it being down to Farke rather then the fact they have what is largely a PL squad.  You’d have to be pretty poor not to get that Leeds side into the play-offs at least.

Who hasn't played in the EPL in our squad? Leeds were relegated remember.

• Like 1

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Are you suggesting our squad is better?  They unexpectedly got relegated and have held onto most of their squad, spending pretty well too.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Just because they've played in the premier league doesn't make them premier league players, that applies to plenty of our squad. Leeds have a far better squad than ours especially going forward. 

Not particularly hopeful for today, Farke is better than Wagner, and I would say he probably has a better squad at his disposal. 

Glad to see where getting the excuses in early. I still don't think that Leeds squad is all that, which is why they were relegated in the first place.

We may well lose but I'm still expecting our lot to put in a bit of effort to win the game. If it's a lacklustre performance strewn with individual and tactical errors then we may need to have 'a conversation'.

After what seems like a long lay-off I'm just looking forward to the matchday experience again.

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

do you think he should try something different today upfront ? 

maybe put Sainz in and play Rowe upfront ,

seems with Hwang and Idah we are going to see the same performance as normal ? 

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Match is showing as a sell out but I imagine there will be a lot who can’t attend (me included!).  I’ll watch Eng v SA on the cricket and rugby instead - reckon we’ll lose both comfortably.

I do await the usual ‘how come the attendance was given as 26800 with all those empty seats?’ comments…..

I think we'll lose to Leeds by a tight Rugby score  0-3, or at worst 0-6 and the Rugby by a cricket score.

Not just expecting defeat today but a bit of a battering, the fact that the usual Mr Positive, Hoggy is also predicting a defeat does nothing to enthuse me about this afternoon :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Not just expecting defeat today but a bit of a battering, the fact that the usual Mr Positive, Hoggy is also predicting a defeat does nothing to enthuse me about this afternoon :classic_biggrin:

Same KH.

i am sure the crowd will turn today if we get battered ,

Farke bringing a team to Carrow road to batter us will be a new low ,

Not much has gone right on the field since he left and many thought webber should have been the man to leave instead ,

i think if we are losing the crowd will make that known 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

i am sure the crowd will turn today if we get battered ,

Farke bringing a team to Carrow road to batter us will be a new low ,

Not much has gone right on the field since he left and many thought webber should have been the man to leave instead ,

i think if we are losing the crowd will make that known 

That's the spirit.

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

That's the spirit.

ha ! no quite that bad but i just can not see us getting anything from the game ,

hindsight is wonderful thing if you could turn the clock back ! 

i have watched us for long enough to know when we expect to lose we win and when we expect to win we lose ,

anything is possible but just saying if it is a big win for leeds i think the crowd will turn ,

43 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

do you think he should try something different today upfront ? 

maybe put Sainz in and play Rowe upfront ,

seems with Hwang and Idah we are going to see the same performance as normal ? 

Possibly although I'm not sure we would be getting the best out of Rowe being up top, and we also won't have an out ball when under pressure.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Possibly although I'm not sure we would be getting the best out of Rowe being up top, and we also won't have an out ball when under pressure.

Very True 

i think Rowe is playing well in a position why move him is right call but i think he would do well with his pace and directness 

i think he has potential to be good up top but you are right about the out ball 

just think we need something a bit different 

Edited by norfolkngood

1 minute ago, norfolkngood said:

Very True 

i think Rowe is playing well in a position why move him is right call but i think he would do well with his pace and directness 

i think he has potential to be good up top but you are right about the out ball 

just think we need something a bit different 

Problem is I'm not sure Wagner has the players to really change it much right now.

You think about Rowe and when he's at his best has been when we've been able to get him isolated against a fullback.

Up top he will naturally be further up the pitch and I imagine CBs will just step up and use physicality to muscle him off the ball.

Out of anyone who's not a striker I think Fassnacht could do a job there.

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Problem is I'm not sure Wagner has the players to really change it much right now.

You think about Rowe and when he's at his best has been when we've been able to get him isolated against a fullback.

Up top he will naturally be further up the pitch and I imagine CBs will just step up and use physicality to muscle him off the ball.

Out of anyone who's not a striker I think Fassnacht could do a job there.

good call ! 

I expect us to be outclassed and outplayed today by a considerable margin, underlining just how average and mediocre our squad and motivation is. This will prompt a direct comparison between Farke and Wagner and the inevitable calls for sweeping changes in the Norwich set up.

• Like 1

Gibbs and Hernandez both starting, no change in central defence...

At the risk of looking a prat in a few hours, we're ****ed.

• Like 1