I'm deadly serious!

After watching this crap lately, and today, no matter what the score will be, have we got the quality to stay up? I think we are poor right through the side, inc Wagner

6 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

I'm deadly serious!

After watching this crap lately, and today, no matter what the score will be, have we got the quality to stay up? I think we are poor right through the side, inc Wagner

It may sound in incredible for a team sitting 7th bur I agree with you. The score today totally masked an appalling performance. The players showed a very worrying lethargy in both mind and body it was as if they had walked all the way back from Swansea and had just arrived about 14.00 and got changed into their kit. This absurd pouncing around along our own six yard line was crazy. It was time-wasting almost from kick off. It Infuriated the home fans and away fans in almost equal measure. The Leeds match is a 'free hit' as everyone will be wrapped up with 'applauding Daniel' so the team will get away with it. If we then (very likely) lose at SOL we then play Blackburn in next home match from memory. If this 'possession football' continues in that match like today the proletariat may well rise up in rebellion like they did against D Smith.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Statistically speaking we're on for an upper mid-table finish I think. Suggestions otherwise are just alarmist ****.

Any half decent team would have thrashed us today. We were just lucky that it took Coventry until pretty much injury time to really get into gear. How we survived that late onslaught God himself only knows!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

I'm deadly serious!

Wagner’s record at the end of last year was firm relegation form. And now the signs are there that he’s back to similar form. Some easier early fixtures have masked how poor a manager Wagner is. We will fall further down the table yet before the club even consider taking action. 

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, bringbackchippy said:

I'm deadly serious!

Drama queen !

Do you seriously think we are on relegation form?

Don't be such a plank.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Statistically speaking we're on for an upper mid-table finish I think. Suggestions otherwise are just alarmist ****.

Statistically speaking we have taken 7 of the last 24 points including loses to Plymouth and Rotherham. 
Less .875 points per game. 
Over a season that’s 40 points and relegation 

I’m not saying it will happen but you introduced “statistically speaking” . So I went and got some stats. 

• Like 2

Losing Sargent and Barnes was always going to make things tough but I thought we'd pick up a few more points than we have. In truth we've looked nailed on for another mid table finish. At current rate playoffs would be a good result from here but no, we're not going to get relegated. 

22 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Statistically speaking we have taken 7 of the last 24 points including loses to Plymouth and Rotherham. 

I’m not saying it will happen but you introduced “statistically speaking” . So I went and got some stats. 

That’s the concern. We’ve had some favourable games too. Glad not everyone has their head in the sand… I think we’re in for a very tough couple of months. I think we’ll pick up again when injuries return though. 

Relegation is not the issue and never will be.

The real concern is that that balloon of hope blown up by the Webber/Wagner combo during the Summer recess has, so early in the season become fully deflated.

Not only is our cause becoming more hopeless by the week but the style of play (such as it exists) belies expectation that things will improve. We now have before us another season of mediocrity, stabilisation, re-building and planning for the future beyond it. Yawn!

It is clear now that that Webber/Wagner combos greatest achievement over the Summer was to convince so many of us that the appalling run in of last season did not actually take place and that any deficiencies that saw the lowly league position that evolved had been addressed.

We was 'ad.

Edited by BroadstairsR

10 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

It may sound in incredible for a team sitting 7th bur I agree with you. The score today totally masked an appalling performance. The players showed a very worrying lethargy in both mind and body it was as if they had walked all the way back from Swansea and had just arrived about 14.00 and got changed into their kit. This absurd pouncing around along our own six yard line was crazy. It was time-wasting almost from kick off. It Infuriated the home fans and away fans in almost equal measure. The Leeds match is a 'free hit' as everyone will be wrapped up with 'applauding Daniel' so the team will get away with it. If we then (very likely) lose at SOL we then play Blackburn in next home match from memory. If this 'possession football' continues in that match like today the proletariat may well rise up in rebellion like they did against D Smith.

The irony of applauding Daniel and then criticising possession football! 

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Yes but the season does include the first few games. What you are doing is cherry-picking statistics. Another stat would be to claim with Sargent we'd be in the automatics and the minute he gets back our form will follow. 

We're certainly in horrible form and the subs worry me but we are missing both our strikers and arguably our marquee summer signing in Barnes. It's disappointing but not a relegation-threatened crisis just yet.

The point is being missed. 
A poster used the phrase “statistically speaking” . I proffered some alternative stats. End of . 
I didn’t use any such phrase as “relegation threatened” 

Would be much easier if posters read the actual words not what they think someone is saying. 

Do I think we’ll go down? No. 

4 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

The point is being missed. 
A poster used the phrase “statistically speaking” . I proffered some alternative stats. End of . 
I didn’t use any such phrase as “relegation threatened” 

Would be much easier if posters read the actual words not what they think someone is saying. 

Do I think we’ll go down? No. 

Fair enough. I was just adding that statistics can be made up to prove anything. Forfty percent of all people know that.

• Haha 1

Unfortunately gpb I think you have got your stats wrong. By my calculations we have obtained 10 points from the last 24 that's 1.25 points per game or 43 over the course of the rest of the season given a total of 59 points. I think you included the Fulham defeat.

Now let's look at the team in 22nd place. I think they have 8 points. So to get to 60 they will need 52 points from 35 games or 1.5 points per game. Which means they will have to do nearly twice as well as they have so far. 

If we project the current whole season performance of 17 from 11 that equates to about 70 points at the end of the season or about 8th see my pre season predictions!

All the above is subject to correction by others who will be better than me at numbers.

However I do agree with you gpb. There is no chance of relegation and anyone who opens a thread like this is scaremongering.

At least its woken me up this Sunday morning

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Unfortunately gpb I think you have got your stats wrong. By my calculations we have obtained 10 points from the last 24 that's 1.25 points per game or 43 over the course of the rest of the season given a total of 59 points. I think you included the Fulham defeat.

Now let's look at the team in 22nd place. I think they have 8 points. So to get to 60 they will need 52 points from 35 games or 1.5 points per game. Which means they will have to do nearly twice as well as they have so far. 

If we project the current whole season performance of 17 from 11 that equates to about 70 points at the end of the season or about 8th see my pre season predictions!

All the above is subject to correction by others who will be better than me at numbers.

However I do agree with you gpb. There is no chance of relegation and anyone who opens a thread like this is scaremongering.

Cheers

Good point Besty! I had indeed included Fulham. That makes the last 8 look better. 
Excellent !! I don’t feel quite so bad . 

Going up up up 

3 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

We haven't played only for those 24 points though have we? If you're going to manipulate the statistics to show what you want then surprise surprise you can make an argument for anything.

3 hours ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

Cheers

I dont think we will go down either but to say there is 'NO' chance is simply downright wrong. 

54 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I mean, we're about a quarter of the way through the season and we're 7th, and narrowly outside the relegation zone by nine points. It's going to be a tough ask. 

Some of the stuff posted in this thread is incredible. Where's @hogesar when you need him?

Yeah, it's a pretty new level of being melodramatic on this forum.

We are missing our two main forwards, our key signing in Sainz (Webbers words having watched him train with the group before injury), an option of adjusting the midfield with Nunez, and we are 7th.

And our home form has been good this season. Difficult games upcoming and so long as fans don't start supporting Leeds because Farke is their manager in a couple weeks time (looking at you Lakey) we stand half a chance. Ultimately we are on the same points as Southampton and 2 behind Leeds who both have significantly stronger squads than ours when it's fully fit let alone with the injuries.

For anyone who thinks this is a remote possibility by the way, Sky Bet are offering 100/1 and Bet365 have us at 80/1.

If any of the miserablists in this thread genuinely thinks it could happen, stick a tenner on and you'll get a nice holiday.

But of course none of you will, because you're moaning for the sake of it.