Sign in to follow this  
By Hook or Ian crook

Post game trouble

For the first time in a long time after the game there was a fair old scuffle between the brum fans and Norwich fans on Clarence road behind the train station. I was walking with two elderly family members back to the car thankfully it was ahead of us and we didn’t get caught in the thick of it or I’d of been worried for their safety being pensioners. 

Anyone else see and get caught up in the madness? 

Didn't go that way.

There was some 'shouting' from the Bell PH as we walked past (derogatory towards city for some reason) however, a family group of fans in front of us certainly told those involved where to go. 

Quite surprised really.

3 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

For the first time in a long time after the game there was a fair old scuffle between the brum fans and Norwich fans on Clarence road behind the train station. I was walking with two elderly family members back to the car thankfully it was ahead of us and we didn’t get caught in the thick of it or I’d of been worried for their safety being pensioners. 

Anyone else see and get caught up in the madness? 

I’ve never seen ‘afters’ at Carrow Road and so it should be that way. Last time I saw our fans start anything was at Leicester around a dozen years ago, that turned nasty right into the city centre before the final whistle.

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

Brum fans were like “please don’t make us go back to Birmgham! Please!!”

You haven’t been to West Bromwich, Wolverhampton or Leicester then? Brum ain’t a bad City to be fair. 

• Like 2

Just now, Midlands Yellow said:

You haven’t been to West Bromwich, Wolverhampton or Leicester then? Brum ain’t a bad City to be fair. 

I’ve been to them all and Im in no rush to return to any of them

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I’ve never seen ‘afters’ at Carrow .

Different era I admit, but when I first started watching us I never didn’t see what you refer to as ‘afters’. Think Brum have not been headlining for years but folk of my generation remember them, Zulu warriors and offspring. Oddly, Police successfully integrated what was a quite sophisticated crime gang. Sort of nostalgic now, but I’d keep your guard up if you go to brum (a fine City by the way). 

31 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hey, its the city of culture! It has a great big library that's never open!

Can't afford to open it, the city is bankrupt 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

Different era I admit, but when I first started watching us I never didn’t see what you refer to as ‘afters’. Think Brum have not been headlining for years but folk of my generation remember them, Zulu warriors and offspring. Oddly, Police successfully integrated what was a quite sophisticated crime gang. Sort of nostalgic now, but I’d keep your guard up if you go to brum (a fine City by the way). 

Agreed, went drinking around St Andrews and Molineux back in the day and soon sipped up quickly. Leicester has it’s no go zones too for away fans which is really sad. It’s really nice we’re more normal around Carrow Road. At the Rose the staff were wearing Leicester shirts (rugby though) to be welcoming to away fans. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Gotta be joking, Brim’s a horrendous place. My cousin lives there and even he doesn’t dare venture out after dark! 

10 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Gotta be joking, Brim’s a horrendous place. My cousin lives there and even he doesn’t dare venture out after dark! 

It’s a huge city, maybe I was in the nice parts. Near the ground is different I agree. Smashing accent mind. 

34 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I go most years for the Edgebaston test and the centre has always seemed fine to me.

There are places in all big cities where you have to be a bit careful after dark, especially with all the police cuts in the last 10 or 15 years.

• Haha 1

Jewellery Quarter is really pleasant, and some good pubs which I’ve been to before our match

Seems a bit Random must have thought Norwich lads / fans were in there ?

Or Recognised the Bloke from earlier ?

They look a bit more or a Organised Firm who were looking for trouble and like minded Norwich fans 

27 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Several of those must be identifiable to people who know them, surely? Lengthy football banning orders have to be dished out.

Given half the comments on that are Birmingham fans with their full names and locations on their twitter profiles replying with things like "grass" and "snitches get stiches" I get the feeling they're not the smartest bunch

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Several of those must be identifiable to people who know them, surely? Lengthy football banning orders have to be dished out.

The sad part is the fact it seems to be primarily people between the age of 30 - 50. Like a couple of younger blokes and only 2 y00t.
Look at Johnny 6 Tums throwing up gang signs and one bloke has a f*cking tonsure hes so bald.
Utterly pathetic

Edited by Nexus_Canary
  • Like 1

On 30/09/2023 at 19:57, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I have always found it baffling how wildly different football is with its fans to other sports. 

Alcohol has entered the chat

27 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

Alcohol has entered the chat

Other sports you’re allowed to drink while watching the game such as cricket or rugby both have no trouble whatsoever. Football you’re not allowed to drink within sight of the pitch it’s still baffling. 

23 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

Other sports you’re allowed to drink while watching the game such as cricket or rugby both have no trouble whatsoever. Football you’re not allowed to drink within sight of the pitch it’s still baffling.

That's not the point. The average football fan will outdrink the average fan of any other sport before / after the game then may get involved in some good or not so good antics. Heavy drinking and football are so connected, that if every football fan was teetotal, pubs wouldn't exist at all.

Of course there are good supporters who can keep themselves in check win lose or draw even after a few, but there are some who carry whatever personal frustrations they have into their team, have little self control and all they need is an excuse to blow up.

8 minutes ago, mrD66M said:

That's not the point. The average football fan will outdrink the average fan of any other sport before / after the game then may get involved in some good or not so good antics. Heavy drinking and football are so connected, that if every football fan was teetotal, pubs wouldn't exist at all.

Of course there are good supporters who can keep themselves in check win lose or draw even after a few, but there are some who carry whatever personal frustrations they have into their team, have little self control and all they need is an excuse to blow up.

You have clearly never been to cricket or rugby 😂