Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Would you want a full takeover new board & DOF

With everything which went on last season, in May I had a hope that we might see a takeover, new structure and some investment into the squad…..we did start brightly but it does feel like a false summer! The older players are struggling with having to play so many games! The squad depth is rubbish and quality really questionable.

So would you rather force through a takeover rather than this utterly pointless slow takeover on the cheap and get the outgoing DOF out the door now rather than when he decides?

I guess we have two tough games in 7 days and lose them both badly it could be a tough old season.

Edited by Indy

Which way is the wind blowing? 2 or 3 games ago Webber had made genius signings in another summer window. Now they're all terrible again.

Different answer next weekend?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Which way is the wind blowing? 2 or 3 games ago Webber had made genius signings in another summer window. Now they're all terrible again.

Unlike yourself the vast majority on here can’t wait for Webber to leave. Unfortunately that still leaves the OAPs hanging around like a rancid lingering fart. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Sorry Hogs just a question, yes we started well, but as I said I’ve watched two games at CR this past week and this one, with Rotherham in the mix too and it feels like we’re just repeating last season! Now the confidence is going it’ll take character to bounce back, but clearly two injuries again and we have little quality to replace them. Our bench is full of old free journeymen again it has a feel of post 2004! No money and a very poor squad depth.

Webber has already said he’s going so great he’s done his job off he can go! Why is he still here?

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Finally got some signal on the way back from Plymouth have you Stu? 

Waited over a quarter of a century....another 3 years won't make much difference.....

When Webbo goes I hope he takes his resident fawning limpets with him.....

9 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I always admire your optimism and vaild points. But I think the club needs a change in football delivery. Some may blame finance, which in part is true. But today we got hammered by a club that broke their transfer record tune of 1m x2. Webber has given us two fantastic seasons, but he needs to let the new football lead take over. Good teams at this level can produce on a budget. End of an era for me. 

20 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

I always admire your optimism and vaild points. But I think the club needs a change in football delivery. Some may blame finance, which in part is true. But today we got hammered by a club that broke their transfer record tune of 1m x2. Webber has given us two fantastic seasons, but he needs to let the new football lead take over. Good teams at this level can produce on a budget. End of an era for me. 

Nothing wrong with wanting a change. Over Webbers tenure we've beaten teams with much bigger budgets than us and lost to teams with much smaller. Just like under every other CEO / SD to be fair.

But since the MA stuff is well underway it feels pointless speculating - it could well be that MA has asked Webber to stay a bit until he's fully established himself within the club - we don't know.

32 minutes ago, Indy said:

Sorry Hogs just a question, yes we started well, but as I said I’ve watched two games at CR this past week and this one, with Rotherham in the mix too and it feels like we’re just repeating last season! Now the confidence is going it’ll take character to bounce back, but clearly two injuries again and we have little quality to replace them. Our bench is full of old free journeymen again it has a feel of post 2004! No money and a very poor squad depth.

Webber has already said he’s going so great he’s done his job off he can go! Why is he still here?

Don't know - maybe MA has asked him to stay on as part of the transition? We know MA spoke publicly about how much he was helped by Stuart and Zoe.

Certainly, Stuart leaving yesterday wouldn't have helped the result today.

Just now, hogesar said:

Nothing wrong with wanting a change. Over Webbers tenure we've beaten teams with much bigger budgets than us and lost to teams with much smaller. Just like under every other CEO / SD to be fair.

But since the MA stuff is well underway it feels pointless speculating - it could well be that MA has asked Webber to stay a bit until he's fully established himself within the club - we don't know.

Do you think MA really wants Webber to be his man? More goes on behind football doors than we are privy to. I do know for a fact Chelsea never had Webber in mind. Comolli always had his entourage, but sooner our later you have to be your own man. I really appreciate what Stuart and the board have given us over the last few seasons, but time is for change. It may not always be for the better? 

4 minutes ago, Unthink road said:

Do you think MA really wants Webber to be his man? More goes on behind football doors than we are privy to. I do know for a fact Chelsea never had Webber in mind. Comolli always had his entourage, but sooner our later you have to be your own man. I really appreciate what Stuart and the board have given us over the last few seasons, but time is for change. It may not always be for the better? 

I have no idea I'm only speculating because he offered the Webbers praise without being asked if I remember. And they've been heavily involved in helping him (a lot of out of hours stuff - people in the club will testify to that).

Or it could be the opposite and MA wants him out but hasn't had his way yet. That would, however, go against pretty much every event since MA has been involved.

Just now, hogesar said:

I have no idea I'm only speculating because he offered the Webbers praise without being asked if I remember. And they've been heavily involved in helping him (a lot of out of hours stuff - people in the club will testify to that).

Or it could be the opposite and MA wants him out but hasn't had his way yet. That would, however, go against pretty much every event since MA has been involved.

I would love it if Stuart and his team put us in the position of Brighton. Maybe he has asked for funds like Ashworth was given, but been pushed back. This is where I would like him to be honest. If he has not been given the green light, let the world know. 

15 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Yes and I would have said the same thing 3 or 4 games ago too.

Maybe you should have done then 🙃

7 hours ago, Unthink road said:

I would love it if Stuart and his team put us in the position of Brighton. Maybe he has asked for funds like Ashworth was given, but been pushed back. This is where I would like him to be honest. If he has not been given the green light, let the world know. 

Don’t Brighton owe their owner half a billion quid? Not saying he’ll ever ask for it back but let’s not pretend it’s “plucky little Brighton” when they’ve lived far beyond what would normally be their means 

I don’t think it’s the money, though it certainly plays a part, so much as a need for ambition and vision. The new owners may bring that but I feel that Delia hanging around for 3 years isn’t going to help at all…anyone who has run a business will know this. There is a reason they pay gardening leave after all.