On 27/09/2023 at 18:24, Midlands Yellow said:

Maybe Chelsea will headhunt him (again) 

Is that in a Chris Kaba sense of the term "headhunt"?

5 minutes ago, Blofield Canary said:

Not to mention he is our highest paid player on £45k a week. I hope we aren't paying all (or any) of his wages.

45 grand a week for a loanee who's not played a match for his parent club and who's under investigation for some suspicious stuff?

Is there some kind of money laundering scheme going on between us and Forest?

25 minutes ago, Blofield Canary said:

Not to mention he is our highest paid player on £45k a week. I hope we aren't paying all (or any) of his wages.

If he really was our number one target then I would assume the loan of Hwang was rolled up in the deal done on Andy O?

There could have been a loan fee waived as well. This could explain him being the 'cheap' option.

But yes £45k a week appears to be close to his wages according to some websites. 

What with this being his 3rd loan already, Forest have probably made a profit in buying him in the first place and he hasn't played a competitive match for them!

Forest are paying mega bucks.  Very little between him and idah when both on the pitch first half on sat. 

Mind you it's not much more than Gibsongeot

Does  still have a match the highest wages earner contract or was that always a malicious rumour

Lots of crying over Hwang already which is becoming a theme with some of the fanbase. Players do need time to adjust, despite us not having that luxury. Is starting to show glimpses of what he's about and when he gets used to our system and the players around him he will improve.

• Like 2

Does seem really weird that a lot of people decided he was no good right from the start. Of course, he might not turn out to be a good signing for us, but South Korea are a serious international football team and he gets decent minutes for them. I get that he probably wasn't the perfect hit-the-ground-running replacement for Sargent, but maybe he'll turn out to be a decent option for Barnes's position, which given Barnes's age would not be a bad thing.

• Like 3

I personally like Hwang....I think he's a more than decent player and will be an asset once he's got a few more appearances under his belt....

He was poor in his appearances for us up until Saturday where he looked a bit more useful. But it's the norm for "experts" to write players off on here and then go quiet as soon as they do anything good.

You'd think after getting it wrong consistently people would at least give it 10 games before looking remarkably stupid. Of course, he may not turn out to be the player we need him to be but his pedigree suggests he's got more about him than we've seen so far.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Does seem really weird that a lot of people decided he was no good right from the start. Of course, he might not turn out to be a good signing for us, but South Korea are a serious international football team and he gets decent minutes for them. I get that he probably wasn't the perfect hit-the-ground-running replacement for Sargent, but maybe he'll turn out to be a decent option for Barnes's position, which given Barnes's age would not be a bad thing.

I think it took a while at Spuds for Son to shine as well - they were however lucky they had another Norwich reject at the time prepared to take the slack! 🙂 

• Like 1

He won't be the first Norwich City player to have a truly awful start to his Carrow Road career, and he won't be the last. Didn't Ewan Roberts have a bumpy ride at first? He's no Roberts admittedly, but he is actually beginning to reveal some more positive signs.

39 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Absolutely.  If there is a perfect-hit-the-ground running replacement for Sarg out there, it's unlikely he'd be available at short notice anyway !  It is very strange that he looked a bit tentative when he first came on as a sub and plenty were ready to write him off at once.  He's shown some bright touches and it's bonkers to expect him to slot in straightaway.

I still remember vividly that Harry Kane was poor for us, that taught me the lesson about not writing off a player based on very few games, but many on here seem positively keen to do so !

• Like 2

There was obviously a lot of ire on the day thos thread began but some of the posts on page one make you cringe.

He may not turn out to be any good but give him a chance to settle in FFS. All this writing him off after a couple of halves of football is brainless.

He was OK against Brum but we were noticeably worse after Idah went off.

Maybe Hwang will be good, maybe he won't, but the point is being a 'mature loan' it's not unreasonable to expect a bit better, especially being brought into replace an injured player.

How many weeks has he been here? I would understand if he had been with us for a couple of months or more. We have a specific offensive structure that he needs to adapt to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

experts" to write players off on here and then go quiet as soon as they do anything good.

Says the king of doing it 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

Says the king of doing it 😂

How many players have I written off on here who've gone on to do something good, out of interest? Just a rough number will do. Go on, try 🙂

(P.S - You'll get a better number if you go for the polar opposite to be honest).

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hogesar said:

How many players have I written off on here who've gone on to do something good, out of interest? Just a rough number will do. Go on, try 🙂

(P.S - You'll get a better number if you go for the polar opposite to be honest).

It's not your style!   Ward 3 definitely trolling up the wrong tree there.    Curious to see the response!   

Edited by ged in the onion bag
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

It's not your style!   Ward 3 definitely trolling up the wrong tree there.    Curious to see the response!   

Exactly! I even wanted to give James Husband a chance 😅😅

I'll give Hoggy his dues, the only players I've ever seen him slate are Gilmour (understandably) and Tzolis.

15 hours ago, hogesar said:

I'm gonna go for 27

11 hours ago, ged in the onion bag said:

I was trolling just a bit of banter... hopefully 3 points tonight!! And hoggy, you mustve been desperate to give husband a chance at the time 😂

• Haha 2