Sign in to follow this  
Yobocop

Yobocop’s Big Post of the week: Memorable NCFC quotes

Hey fellow Canaries fans,

This week, let's dive into the world of memorable quotes from our beloved managers, players, and fans throughout Norwich City's history. We've had some absolute corkers over the years!

Daniel Farke was known for his occasional gems, and Nigel Worthington certainly had his moments too. But let's cast the net wider and celebrate some famous quotes from the world of football. Here are a few of my personal favorites:

1. "We're not Brazil, we're Northern Ireland." - Lawrie McMenemy
2. "I am not a man, I am Cantona." - Eric Cantona
3. "Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better." - Bill Shankly
4. "I wouldn't say I was the best manager in the business. But I was in the top one." - Brian Clough

What are your all-time favorite quotes from managers, players, or fellow fans? Share them here and let's reminisce about the wit and wisdom that has graced our beautiful game. Can't wait to hear your suggestions!

OTBC! 💚💛

When Burnley won here at the start of the season their manager said they were in a different league to us. Now they are.

Bill Shankly on hearing of Burnley's relegation in the late 60's.

Funniest interview of a Norwich player, Darel Russell after being sent off. 

Russell - If I'd known I was going to get a red for that I'd have absolutely twatted him. 

Radio Norfolk - you're live on air Darel

Russell - oh ****

Edited by dylanisabaddog
  • Haha 2

After a defeat Brian Clough said ' we looked a very good team on paper but unfortunately the game was played on grass '.

Edited by TIL 1010

23 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Kevin Keegan's 'I'd love it if we beat them, love it' springs to mind. There are some amusing gems on here...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1279423/THE-LIST-Top-50-managerial-quotes-time-Nos-30-21.html

I'll always  love that quote as it won me an all expenses paid trip for two  to the Emirates for Arsenal v Naaarich from the RoI.  Carlsberg paid for everything.

Geoffrey Watling on signing Ron Davies…

”If he fails the medical we’ll sack the doctor”

Jusin Fashanu on Drazen Muzinic…

‘I don’t think we got Muzinic I think we got his milkman’

Speaking of Norwich quotes, I think it was Motty himself doing the commentary on the UEFA Cup run and there was a piece of commentary where Inter had us on the back foot somewhat during the second half of the home leg but we just about avoided conceding (I think Culverhouse cleared one off the line after Gunn got lobbed) and the following was said:

"They're doing it the hard way, Norwich, but they're doing it".

Not Norwich but I remember Jason McCatear at Liverpool during an interview saying!

”it was a game of two halves….Half arsed and Half hearted!”

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Speaking of Norwich quotes, I think it was Motty himself doing the commentary on the UEFA Cup run and there was a piece of commentary where Inter had us on the back foot somewhat during the second half of the home leg but we just about avoided conceding (I think Culverhouse cleared one off the line after Gunn got lobbed) and the following was said:

"They're doing it the hard way, Norwich, but they're doing it".

Motty did the Bayern home game. The great Barry Davies did the Inter one.

• Like 1

Neil Warnock ' when i pass away i don't want a minutes silence or applause, i want a minutes booing '.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I loved it after Steve Bruce had scored that header vs scum to take us to Wembley in 1985 and Ken Brown stood with him and they watched the goal together on tv during post match interview.

Mid-watch you can hear Brown say "You dint even jump!" which in itself is great, but the quote I love is when he says "You wasn't even off the deck!".  As kids, We used to say it to each other on the park as never heard such a term before, and thought we were the business using a phrase like that.

As here:

Great memories.

Edit: Just realised that isn't really a quote, oh well... I've posted it now! :classic_wink:

Edited by Google Bot
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Kathy said:

I want to sign the player, and I want to sign him before the end of the century.

Martin O'Neill talking about Dean Windass when Chase would not stump up the money.

As i mentioned Chase surprised nobody has mentioned ' if Chris ( Sutton ) is not here at the start of the season nor will i be '.

Untitled.jpg.e52da72ca33d08b4e4f2f97fa6296975.jpg

• Haha 1

Roeder's "Time for new heroes" was a somewhat interesting quote for the club, after releasing Huckerby and subsequently what Hoolahan became.

I thought about it when we knew Pukki was leaving us end of last season in fact.

11 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

As i mentioned Chase surprised nobody has mentioned ' if Chris ( Sutton ) is not here at the start of the season nor will i be '.

Untitled.jpg.e52da72ca33d08b4e4f2f97fa6296975.jpg

Didn't know you'd muted me. What did I do? Was it the italics?

17 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

"If Chris Sutton isn't here next season..."

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Didn't know you'd muted me. What did I do? Was it the italics?

I did a cambridge and not read the thread fully before posting but anyway the Keira Knightley reference threw me off track. :classic_laugh:

36 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I did a cambridge and not read the thread fully before posting but anyway the Keira Knightley reference threw me off track. :classic_laugh:

haha, I did wonder whether that might confuse people. Not sure she ever had a view about the Sutton transfer...

Surely, there can only be one that stands out, a drunken rant with a microphone in the centre of the pitch on a cold Monday night?

”where are you? Where are you? C’mon, we need a twelfth man here! C’mon Let’s be ‘aving you!”

• Like 1