cambridgeshire canary

Tom Cannon; Have we made a 7 million bid?

3 hours ago, Soldier on said:

Wouldn’t be up front that would be the headline figure of add ons etc met

We never know, sometimes it's not, sometimes it is. 

13 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Gun in goal and a canon in attack.

What do we need in the middle then?

McLean... to be fair he has started the season pretty well.

Any update on Tom Cannon ? Must say that the video highlights of his goals were impressive.

Wish we get this one over the line !  Won't be easy Sunderland are interested.

Wondering now if the stories about Cannon have been used to conceal our genuine, apparently, interest in Daniel Ogwuru

Just now, Old Shuck said:

Wondering now if the stories about Cannon have been used to conceal our genuine, apparently, interest in Daniel Ogwuru

He's playing for an under 18's side. He's not joining our first team to replace Sargent.. Or at least I would be very surprised if he was

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's playing for an under 18's side. He's not joining our first team to replace Sargent.. Or at least I would be very surprised if he was

I think he'll see Norwich as an easy option of obtaining first team football one day. Im assuming he will be assessed by under 21's first, similar to the brazilian we have signed on loan - Lima.

6 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Whereas I'm wondering if the reports of our interest in Cannon is just to try and puch up the price that Sunderland have offered... As a strikers agent we are a very believable foil to use in their shenanigans

6 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Whereas I'm wondering if the reports of our interest in Cannon is just to try and puch up the price that Sunderland have offered... As a strikers agent we are a very believable foil to use in their shenanigans

I know Ogwuru is young but his signing would still give us cover in that area & the club might consider that enough.

The way the Cannon story broke suggests that yes, we're being used to flush out other bidders-won't be the first time-and who leaked it, wouldn't have been the club, that's for certain.

Would love us to get both-but sure other names will surface before tomorrow, the club might even do a Forshaw and announce someone from nowhere.

12 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's kinda the point of a highlights reel though, right? 😉

Yeah even drmic looked amazing on YouTube footage.

5 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

Would love us to get both-but sure other names will surface before tomorrow, the club might even do a Forshaw and announce someone from nowhere.

...Or, nothing at all. haha.

It'd be nice to see a little incoming activity in the final days, we're normally just left with no news and then a late report of a youngster going out on loan.

Unless the club feel that we have cover for Sarge, I'd be very surprised if we didn't bring someone in.  It would be Webber's last signing, too, and if he's aiming to get a job elsewhere it's in his best interests that we're flying over the coming months.

9 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

I still like Drmic, think he knows where the goal is. However, the wrong type of signing for Norwich at that point like RVW IMO. Both competent strikers in an ill fitting system.

13 minutes ago, Old Shuck said:

I know Ogwuru is young but his signing would still give us cover in that area & the club might consider that enough.

The way the Cannon story broke suggests that yes, we're being used to flush out other bidders-won't be the first time-and who leaked it, wouldn't have been the club, that's for certain.

I reckon Ogwuru goes straight into under 21's for assessment and Cannon is a first team choice to replace Sargeant (in the interim)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Canary dwarf said:

Seriously he (Cannon) scored 8 goals for Preston on his loan spell. The video showed all his goals (against Championship opposition). His movement was exceptional taking those chances. This guy's got it !

Unless you're implying they didn't show the 5,000 misses he might of had  !!  

Rumours that Man City youngster Ogwuru is having a medical for a loan move. Perhaps Cannon has stalled hence being leaked to the press. Shame, would have preferred a permanent signing. 

Just now, AJ said:

Rumours that Man City youngster Ogwuru is having a medical for a loan move. Perhaps Cannon has stalled hence being leaked to the press. Shame, would have preferred a permanent signing. 

Once again, Ogwuru plays for an under 18's side and has not once played for a full regular first team football team.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Once again, Ogwuru plays for an under 18's side and has not once played for a full regular first team football team.

Doesn't mean he won't here if he's good enough

Crikey, it always happens - they get our hopes up and then bring in a kid that's not ready for anything !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AJ said:

Yes but they'll be a period of assessment before consideration for any first team duties. He is under 21 bound for sure, if there is truth in the rumour.

5 minutes ago, AJ said:

PinkUn suggests it's a permanent move.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AJ said:

The point I'm making is that I doubt he's being brought in for our first team to replace Sargent. I imagine he would be like one of many past incoming we have seen who's straight in the academy. No doubt he's a good player hence the link. You know, like Emmanuel Adegboyega

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

The point I'm making is that I doubt he's being brought in for our first team to replace Sargent.

We were prepared to play Rowe at that age in the prem, only injury prevented him from being a big part of last season too I feel.  Ogwuru is turning 19 in a week or so, and we're down to 2 forwards.

Like you, I wouldn't expect him to be a replacement.  But I wouldn't rule it out that if he were our only signing remaining in this window that he wouldn't be on the bench after international break - gametime entirely comes down to who's available at that point. 

Fisher, Rowe, Gibbs, Springett are all in the 19-20 age bracket, and before that we had Idah pushing into the first team too - He must've been 18/19 when Farke was playing him in the prem league season where Covid hit?  ...Ok, so we did lose all those remaining games and scored once or whatever the stat was. :classic_laugh:

Edited by Google Bot

37 minutes ago, Six Pack said:

Seriously he (Cannon) scored 8 goals for Preston on his loan spell. The video showed all his goals (against Championship opposition). His movement was exceptional taking those chances. This guy's got it !

Unless you're implying they didn't show the 5,000 misses he might of had  !!  

I think he looks a really good striker , hope this gets done as sarge will be out for a long time

43 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

But no footballer has ever played a full regular first team football match until he does-everyone has to start somewhere!

• Like 1

Cannon was always prem bound, multiple club wanting him but Everton waiting to see the best offer.   He is ready to play regularly in the champs and won't be u21 bound.   Squad player and competition for idah,  if he scores it goves sarge time to recover and a potential fight to get his spot back.   Both are a good thing.

Suspect a counter offer from another club could happen in the next 24 hrs, 7m is well judged, few champs clubs can do that and his limited pitch time makes 10m say more of a gamble.   

My fingers are crossed.